1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Season 6/7/8/9 news and spoilers discussion

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Loganberry, 6 December 2015.

1. sten whik

sten whik Space

That trailer has some real big audio problems.

2. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

And so the

Windigoes returns after S6

3. Steamworks

Steamworks Honorary Pony

Looks like I can sort of cross off another one of the things from my finale wishlist with a battle involving the Mane 6 and the Pillars. With any luck, the Student 6 will join in and throw down, too, so I can fully cross that one off.

I hope it's not too sad with the ending. It's sad enough as it is. I hope this final battle is suitably epic with a victory that leaves everyone cheering so we can end on that and not some sad note.

4. Streamline

Streamline Honorary Pony

Just seen the trailer, a lot of that was what I expected and runs in nicely with what has come and gone.

Thank you Twilight for being so relatable. I know it's only a trailer but what I saw with that I really find what she is going through so true, I've been here myself taking on what feels like a challenge almost too great and what it does to you personally. It's this sort of thing that really made FIM a great amoungst others in it's portrayal of characters.

For me the storyline is just part of the overall thing here, I'm more interested in how this will actually end, whether like any other season (end a main storyline and that's it), or are they going to give us something extra special away from the storylines and what we would usually expect at the end of a season, that's what I'm hoping for.

Blissful690 likes this.
  5. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Though I can't be 100% certain, I'm pretty sure that...
    ...that's simply rough editing and that the final lines will have extra bits we're not hearing here. Exactly the same thing happened with the S9 premiere trailer, and that was the explanation then.

6. sten whik

sten whik Space

I'm not saying it will have an effect on the show or anything, just that it's a really bad quality trailer...

There's a few bad cuts with everyone but every other word from Celestia is a bad cut making her sound like GLaDOS. Rarity is louder than the others. All the voice lines overpower the score so much you can pretty much hear the silence of recording room (much like with the Kingdom Hearts 3 trailers). The score whammys like there's some sort of compression issue with it but it could be the editer speeding up/slowing down the track without fixing the pitch.

7. Loganberry

The Retro videos from the official MLP YouTube channel continue with this parody of the Beverly Hills 90210 opening. It's actually pretty nicely made, and far above the stuff Discovery Family usually puts out. Maybe Hasbro got fed up with that and decided to show them how it should be done. :p It's not spoilery, so watch with confidence!

8. Danishbrony2011

S9 ending title?

[​IMG]

#928 Danishbrony2011, 10 August 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: 10 August 2019
    rdlover777 likes this.
  9. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Just want to give a heads up as someone who gets the iTunes season pass to MLP to keep up with the show, iTunes has been releasing a few episodes a week early.

As someone who has a season pass, I will not spoil it for anyone, but I do want to give a heads up that they're releasing episodes early, so those who are avoiding spoilers, do be careful browsing MLP related sites and social media out there. I won't spoil it, but that will not stop others from doing so.

Meanwhile, I'm anticipating a day when iTunes will skip a week because someone at Apple, Hasbro, Discovery Family, made a mistake. :p

Edit: Small update, no episode got added to iTunes yesterday. I'm guessing the episodes are going to go back into sync, appearing in on iTunes the day after airing.

#929 Snowyshy, 16 August 2019
    Last edited: 19 August 2019
    Danishbrony2011 and Candy Yunagi like this.
  10. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

just a heads up, Australia will be airing the final on September 8th

11. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Be careful where you tread on that there internet.

There be leaks out there.

12. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!

13. Danishbrony2011

14. Eunos the Fool

To be honest I will probably watch the leaks.

Mainly cause I have a big 2020 project planned and I need to see certain things.

But I will be respectful enough not to say anything till the episode officially airs.

15. Danishbrony2011

Some of the highlights.

Tirek, Cozy Glow and Queen Chrysalis turns to stone, and we see future Mane 6.

16. Eunos the Fool

Very disappointed to hear that Big Jim has been receiving death threats on Twitter for the Finale.

I thought we were over this crap after Season 3.. Hoped the Idiots had moved on to something else.. Clearly not..

I have always defended the Brony Fandom as I know there are loads of awesome people in it.. I'd like to believe that this is a very tiny minority.

I don't care if you're disappointed that does not give you the right to threaten someones life.. There are things in the show I don't care for such as a Baby Dragon and Unicorn possible relationship but you know what?.. I will never scoop to that level.

I love this show and I even love this fandom.. So you're damn right it ticks me off when things like this happen.. Brony hating has toned down over the years but if stuff like this happens it will be in the limelight again.
    ---------

Sorry but after reading about what happened I needed that mini rant.

I for one still look forward to the remaining episodes.. and if the Finale does end up disappointing.. Eh whatever.. Life goes on and was still a great show :)

17. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I don't want to know any spoilers but am kind of curious the nature of what got people so upset. Mind, it's Twitter, it's full of these kind of idiots, have an episode with 20 minutes of Fluttershy being sweet and they'd still be mad so it doesn't really tell us much.

I've seen some "slap in the face" endings before but surely they wouldn't do that.

I remember seeing a response to that huge leak of the entire series plan ages ago (pre season 8) and something they said... was shocking. I wish I could unsee it, unfortunately that big UK Facebook group (which I left over these issues) was stupidly lax with spoilers and my eyes landed on words they shouldn't have. It's constantly on my mind of whether it'll happen or not. If it was true, I can see why people would be upset especially if it ruins re-watches of the show but..

No matter how bad it is though it doesn't justify threatening the creators. For what it's worth I saw Jim's tweet about it and all of the replies were supportive but of course when someone is mean you tend to dwell on that.

#938 Cloudane, 26 August 2019
    Last edited: 26 August 2019
  18. Loganberry

Quoting shamelessly out of context there -- but I think this is a splendid episode idea. :D
    I don't know the ending and I don't want to know what the thing you saw was... but I've been trying a little thought experiment. Thinking of the most disappointing series endings I can imagine -- the very worst/stupidest/most unimaginative endings I've ever seen in ponyfic, for example -- and then considering whether they would make me want to stop rewatching the earlier episodes. So far, not even the worst ones have done that. Not even the one where the final episode is literally 22 minutes of Twilight looking into the camera and chanting, "YOU ALL SUCK AND WE HATE YOU!" :p

I honestly can't see anything making me unhappy to watch most of the old episodes again -- I suppose I could imagine being disappointed with some of those that deal with overarching arcs, but a lot of episodes are self-contained. At the very worst, if I end up truly despising the finale, I can mentally tag an Alternate Universe tag on it and pretend it never happened anyway. I've done that in the past with other shows that have fallen apart near the end.

Plus, I keep reminding myself, in 2009 a lot of people must have thought the MLP cartoons would be ending with Newborn Cuties. If Pony can survive that and come through stronger, then it can survive anything S9 has left to throw at us. :)

Danishbrony2011 and Cloudane like this.
  19. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Yeah to be honest I reckon you're right. My only thought is, let's say after all this time Twilight is actually evil and was planted in Ponyville by Grogar as a long game to make some friends and then betray them to "shatter friendship once and for all" (this isn't a spoiler, unless I'm really good at guessing absurd endings!) - this would make it really awkward to rewatch old episodes knowing everything she does is a lie.

But in the real world I'm trying to think of the worst endings to shows I've ever seen, the ones that really seem like an "up yours" to the audience. Without naming the shows and spoiling any of those, they would be a couple of different shows where everyone is killed off in the final episodes except the main protagonist (and even his fate is left in question) and one where the main characters are left to float through space (alive) for the rest of eternity - though the latter was apparently intended as a cliffhanger for a future series. And even those, sometimes it's in your mind their ultimate fate but they're still good to rewatch and you can always headcanon your own reversal of whatever happened :p