1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Season 6/7/8/9 news and spoilers discussion

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Loganberry, 6 December 2015.

1. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I've now seen enough spoiler-free comments on EQD about the Jim Miller thing to no longer be in any way worried about the ending. Overall reactions seem positive, and I get the impression the kind of people who got mad are the same kind of people who got mad about things they didn't like previously and have that "it didn't go exactly the way I expected and if you disagree then you must be one of those sheep who laps up anything they spoonfeed you" mindset. It seems some of them invaded the thread and were swiftly deleted. Regarding the one purported leaked thing I saw a comment about a while back, it occurs to me that people could equally be just as mad that the thing didn't happen as if it did, so it proves nothing c:

Blissful690 likes this.
  2. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

3. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

4. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Well.. I've watched them all now.

Don't worry I wont spoil anything.

I will say though The last few episodes have been really enjoyable.

and I will still catch them live.

5. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

I've doing the same

6. Recurrent Trotting

I've also watched them :3

spoiler alert, they remain:

7. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

Wait, they get put into stasis booths until the heat death of the universe?! How could you unleash such a big spoiler on us without warning?

In all seriousness I've not seen the remaining episodes yet, but the temptation to watch the whole lot is getting increasingly strong. I think I'll stick to one a week for the moment but it's a funny feeling that the finale is sitting there waiting for me any time I want it...

rdlover777 likes this.
  8. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

9. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Big Jim Miller's done a little Q&A on Twitter today. A couple of answers that caught my eye. First, a question asking where all the other zebras were:

And then a question about why Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon dropped off the face of the planet after "Crusaders of the Lost Mark".

To my mind, neither of these reflect all that well on the Hasbro executives!

10. Steamworks

Steamworks Habitual Pony

11. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

12. Blissful690

Blissful690 Active Pony

I don't really think it's such a good idea. I mean, why make season 10 into a comic when you're ending the show at season 9? If anything, Hasbro should've gone down the route of making season 10 the show's official final season.

13. Steamworks

Steamworks Habitual Pony

It's just a rebranding of the main comic line. They're not even resetting the issue numbering. I think this also hardcore canonizes the comics at least from that point on.

14. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

no I like this idea. The TV show had to end sometime, and it was always going to be a bit of a blow for many of us, whether it ended now or after season 10 - shifting to a comic will help soften it a bit, and give people the option to carry on for a bit while/if we adjust to the upcoming G5. Hasbro get to move on like they wanted, IDW and their artists keep making money and everyone is happy :)

The comics are canon, but anyone who wants the story to end will I imagine get some reasonable closure next weekend (if they haven't already)

15. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

(Guess this is the best place to post this)

and so this wonderful show is officially over.

Don't worry I wont spoil anything.

Let's just say I thought I was ready for this finale.. I had already accepted that this is where it ends. Heck I even watched the leaks, but somehow as soon as that 26th episode ended, My eyes just filled up with tears, It's like it suddenly hit me that this is it as far as the show goes.. There are no more episodes or seasons left (Not in show form anyway).. This show I have been watching for just shy of 9 years is officially over. I was not expecting that reaction at all.. Even now my eyes are still blood shot and I almost feel there are a few tears that want to come out.

I guess this show really meant more to me than I thought.

I joined in at the Back end of Season 1 so I wasn't quite there from the word go but close enough.. I was aware of the show but being a 26 year old adult male at the time was like pfffft. Only when I decided to watch some eps on YouTube was I like "Woah, this is actually pretty good"

The rest speaks for itself.. For me I was just impressed how this didn't feel like a stereotypical Girl show.. It almost sort of had a Looney Toon feel to it.. Dare I say it had it not had the "My Little Pony" logo attached to it it might have attracted even more fans.

This just proves however that you stick the right people in charge they can make it work, when all is said and done this show was designed to sell toys but that doesn't mean you cant make it a great show.

Well written shows for most part, by no means perfect but for most part I found myself actually caring for these characters and they didn't feel one dimensional (Other than you Flash :p)

I will admit that not every episode was great, in fact some were just flat out terrible, but there were more episodes I liked over ones I didn't.

Let's not forget that this show technically should have ended 6 years a go. However the strong support meant we got an extra 6 Seasons, 156 Episodes, 2 Specials and a Movie.. and even a Spinoff (Whilst not my cup of tea I know others really enjoy so I won't be the buzzkill)

There has never another show I have drawn so much fanart for, a show that I made comics for, just drew loads of stuff evolving around it.

I have been to conventions in England, Scotland, Germany, Holland and The USA.

There are people I know now that I wouldn't if this show had never existed.

I was 26 Years old when this show started and now I'm 35.. I'm very glad I stuck it out to the end, I know many people bailed out throughout the shows existence and it's true the Brony fandom isn't anywhere near as big as it was 4 or 5 years ago.. That said it still has it's loyal fans and I congratulate every one of you who has made it to the end, whether you were here from Day 1 or joined in during Season 2 or 3 or beyond.

So a massive thank you to Lauren Faust, MA Larson, Big Jim, Tara Strong, Andrea Libman, Tabatha St Germain, Ashleigh Bell and everyone else who was involved in the show, your passion for what you did spread on to many others.

If you had told me 10 years I would end up being an MLP Fan, I'd have just laughed and been like "Yeah alright mate".. But look where we are.

I have no regrets and whilst I am sad this chapter is over, I certainly look forward to giving G5 a chance.. I just hope whoever are incharge shares the same passion these last lot have.

The show may be over but I will continue to draw Fanart, I have many projects planned especially one for 2020 that will keep the spirit of the show alive.

I will continue to be present at Conventions.. I admit it, I'm a brony till I die.

Friendship is Magic.

16. Blissful690

Blissful690 Active Pony

Amen, brother.

rdlover777 likes this.
  17. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

the finale made me cry

18. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

i'm actually hopeful for the 2020/2021 movie and G5

Danishbrony2011 and Blissful690 like this.
  19. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

well ok then, S9E14 The Last Laugh is called That's a Laugh here