1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, Mista Squishy is running a fundraiser for Children In Need this year. Check out this thread for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Season 6, Episode 21 - Every Little Thing She Does

Discussion in 'Episode Discussion' started by Bridle Timeout, 19 September 2016.

1. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

I think you're right :( All cider references seem to get cut out. Shame, because that was a nice callback. Albeit a callback to an episode that they don't show on Tiny Pop either.

2. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

What really =p, I thought that it was American [non alcoholic] cider referenced in the show =p

3. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

It is, but Tiny Pop presumably feels that British viewers will assume it does mean the alcholic sort we have over here. The silly thing is that Pop, which is hardly aimed at 18+ viewers itself, has shown SSCS6K!

4. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Weird =p guess they want avoid any controversy no matter how unlikely.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  5. DerpyWhooves

I think the assumption is that the very young viewers of Tiny Pop are too young to know the difference.

6. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Honestly, Tiny Pop's target demographic probably don't know what either kind of cider is, which makes the whole thing even more silly.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  7. sten whik

sten whik Space

I met a mother who didn't know the difference when she watched the episode with her kid but then she just went and researched it afterwords.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  8. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

She didn't go on a bloody tirade about how this show is corrupting the souls of young children and that young children themselves shouldn't watch the show because of it? Or did she just go: "Oh that's a thing. Who knew?"

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  9. sten whik

sten whik Space

Neither but "Oh that's a thing. Who Knew?" Is the most accurate choice from your given options. :p

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  10. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Ah the neutral path, I like it. I like a lot.

11. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

Finally got around to giving this another watch. I think it's safe to say this one will probably end up rather high in my post-season rankings. :D

12. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

a bit late I know, but I just watched this one and I really liked it!! It was cute and funny and just felt more like "classic" MLP for me, somehow, while also being a great Starlight episode ^_^

So, Starlight...I think we need to talk about your little brainwashing problem :p you could definitely see...glimmers (sorry) of villain!Starlight in there when she was mixing all the spells together and I like that they're actually addressing her tendency towards inappropriate magic use, even though it comes from a more relatable place this time of being worried she wouldn't be able to make friends with the others, etc. Definitely shades of Lesson Zero Twilight in there too, as Spike said: "I thought Twilight was bad with freaking out..." I really liked Spike here too - his snarking at Twilight ('it's just a short lecture!"/"you sure about that?"), and how he was the first one to notice Starlight acting weird and his "told ya!" bit at the end. I really like the little friendship between those two c:

Possessed!5 all had some great moments and were just the right amount of creepy - kinda like the Equal Ponies from the village with how they smiled all the time actually. I loved all of AJ's lines ("it was the best of apples, it was the worst of apples"), Rarity making a tiny dress for the mouse and of course Fluttershy crawling with spiders - 2spoopy4me (although tbh I think that's something she'd be okay with even if she wasn't brainwashed).

Also a classic Pinkie moment when Rarity says "she can be a little messy" and then it cuts to her crazyface with frosting XD so relatable! And also Dash and her very specific conditions for chillaxing - and seriously, who even says chillax anymore?? it's not 2010 any more, RD :p

The apology was done well - Dash telling like it is: "don't cast spells on your friends!!" XD that was funny and also pretty much deserved, without being too harsh. And yay cute montage! Starlight getting flour all over her face while baking with Pinkie was ridiculously adorable X3 (also nice touch with how it showed her being bad at baking didn't matter, and that she can use her OP magic skills for good as well as evil) I've been a Starlight fan from the beginning and this is pretty much always how I wanted her redemption to be handled - it felt like a natural progression for her character, you can see she still has these...slightly psychopathic tendencies to manipulate ponies with magic, but now she's actually starting to learn why that's Not Cool and is willing to work on herself and learn about friendship. I do think this episode could probably have done with being earlier in the season, but yeah really enjoyed this one, definitely one of my faves of the season! (And it's the first ep I've felt like textwalling about in a while, so must be doing something right I guess XD)

Cloudane, Thorn, MCtoastie and 3 others like this.
  13. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

You know, I'm surprised Pinkie Pie got so upset at burning the cakes. I'm sure there was plenty of overcooked cupcakes from when Apple Bloom helped her in Call of the Cutie. I guess Pinkie must have just eaten the various batches they cooked. :p

Mane25, MCtoastie and DerpyWhooves like this.
  14. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I think she's probably just got better at baking since S1. After all, back in "Applebuck Season", Pinkie specifically referred to Applejack as being Ponyville's best baker. Sure, AJ is still good, but recent canon depictions (eg in Friendship Games) have definitely shown Pinkie as being an outstanding baker.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  15. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

When will Glim Glam learn! You can't (always) hypnotise your fiends to get the job done... Only on special occasions. Burnt cakes, Bug on Flutters and a ruined photo album. What a nightmare, they also palyed their magical hangovers to one a little similar to how it would be after a night on British cider... :D

MCtoastie, DerpyWhooves and Mane25 like this.
  16. DerpyWhooves

Heh, Freudian slip? :p

17. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

Haha, I was thinking it to be honest, is she really friends with them? Maybe, i'll leave the mistake in there as it is a little funny :D :cool:

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  18. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

I watched this on my recording from Tiny Pop today - this line was still there! :D So they aren't that over-zealous with their editing.