1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Severn Valley Railway meets. Next: TBA (Summer 2019)

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Loganberry, 31 August 2017.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Let me add my thank you to everyone who came along, and I'm glad it seemed to go well. :) Only having the one massive cloudburst (and that one somewhere we had a sort-of roof) helped, of course! It also made a nice change to be a little too warm at the SVR, given the cold in March and last November!

Next up for me will be the SVR's Autumn Steam Gala in September, and I'll happily say hello to anyone else who's around. I think that date (22/9) clashes with a Worcester ponymeet, so I'll be taking a few hours off in the middle to go there before returning to the SVR in the evening! And I'd certainly be open to doing another small-scale SVR meet like yesterday's at some point, but that's a fair way in the future yet. Watch this thread!

Okay, photo time! I was rather relieved to find out that at least a few of my phone pics had come out moderately well, so here are half a dozen of them.

The diesel shunter at Kidderminster
    [​IMG]

Taw Valley at Kidderminster early in the morning
    [​IMG]

Twilight enforcing the regulations! (plush belongs to @Oilyvalves)
    [​IMG]

Awaiting the right-away for no. 2857 at Hampton Loade
    [​IMG]

The Ivatt leaving Highley under slightly threatening skies
    [​IMG]

The Class 50 passing the Engine House
    [​IMG]

Somerset Cider and Oilyvalves like this.
  2. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

A great day Saturday and good to see you all in a different setting, only to be Followed by a very hectic Sunday at Three counties, took most of Monday to recover and have only pulled the pics off the camera this evening.
    Nothing outstanding, but here you are....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some Hieferlumps
    [​IMG]

CuldeeFell, Loganberry and Oilyvalves like this.
  3. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Great shot of the ellies, considering it was taken from a moving train!

Somerset Cider likes this.
  4. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

Thanks, I am rather pleased with it too, needed a bit of sharpening, a touch of shake when really enlarged.
    i thought the class 50 came out quite well as well

5. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

*nudges this thread back into life*

Hello again! I was at the SVR for the gala today with @Somerset Cider and @Oilyvalves and suggested running another one of these summer meetups. The idea seemed to be reasonably received, by which I mean it wasn't instantly thrown into the Severn. ;)

Since people's schedules do quickly fill up, I thought it would be a good idea to start discussing dates while there's still plenty of time. So, what about a Saturday in June? The final one (29th) is out as it's the 1940s weekend, which although fun if you're in the mood is always very crowded. (It also charges gala-rate fares!)

Of the others, the 1st has a Food & Drink Fayre in the Highley Engine House (still standard fares though), and the 8th, 15th and 22nd are standard summer Saturdays. So, any thoughts are welcome! :)

Somerset Cider and Oilyvalves like this.
  6. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

My June is looking quite empty at the moment, so I'd very much be interested in one of these again.

Loganberry likes this.
  7. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

At the mo, either the 8th or the 15th is good for me.

Loganberry likes this.