1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Severn Valley Railway meets. Next: TBA

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Loganberry, 31 August 2017.

1. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Sure thing. I'll look at times in the next few days.

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Just a minor heads-up: the weather forecast for Saturday is currently "sunshine and heavy showers". Certainly nothing that will stop the day going ahead as planned, especially as we'll be under cover for most of it and the Unicorn is only about 400 yards from Hampton Loade station. Be prepared if you're bringing anything that doesn't like rain, though. :)

Oilyvalves likes this.
  3. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

That's a slight pity, but we'll manage as you say. I'll be sure to pack a waterproof.

Looking forward to the weekend :). Will be nice to catch up with all of you.

vcgriffin and Loganberry like this.
  4. Loganberry

Absolutely; looking forward to seeing everyone very much. And who knows, with showers it's possible we'll miss all of them and have a largely dry day. It could happen! Only on The Hub. It definitely won't be as cold as the March gala, though!

If the SVR follow their usual practice, they'll post the weekend loco roster on Friday, and if I remember I'll copy it over here. The 11:10 will definitely be steam-hauled, but beyond that we'll have to wait and see. :)

Oilyvalves likes this.
  5. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

Lets hope not, more a sub-arctic than spring gala.
    Looking forward to Saturday. Meeting at Kiddy?
    What timings are you working too?

Oilyvalves likes this.
  6. Loganberry

Yes, the plan is to get the 11:10 from Kiddy as far as Hampton Loade. Assuming all goes well, we'll get to Hampton Loade at 12:08, so then it'll be off to the Unicorn for lunch. After we've eaten, there's no set plan, so I'll be happy to play it by ear and go with the consensus. The SVR timetable for this Saturday is under the cut here:

SVRtimetable.jpg

I'll try to be at Kiddy SVR station (on the main concourse, since it has a roof!) from around 10:15-10:20 onwards.

Oilyvalves and Somerset Cider like this.
  7. vcgriffin

vcgriffin the (Quie Deaf) mustached Subgenius pony

should I go by the times logan posyted
    Early start!

8. Loganberry

Everything's still on course, and the timings are the same, so no worries there. :) A couple of bits of extra info, though:

1) I'm pleased to say that the weather forecast has slightly improved and it now looks as though after a damp and dreary start it's likely to cheer up. From the Met Office: "Cloud and patchy rain in the morning will gradually become more showery. During the afternoon, showers will die out and cloud will break up, letting the sunshine through. Maximum temperature 19 °C."

2) The loco roster for the weekend is now out. It's in a Traffic Notice PDF, so easier for me just to copy the details manually over here. Locos in passenger service tomorrow should be:

* GWR 2800 Class no. 2857 (2-8-0; in GWR green)
    * GWR/BR 1500 Class no. 1501 (0-6-0PT; in BR green)
    * LMS/BR Ivatt Class 4 no. 43106 (2-6-0; in BR black) -- the unique "Flying Pig"
    * Class 50 diesel no. 50031 Hood (in inauthentic but striking InterCity livery)

Quite a nice selection there. :) If things stay as currently planned, our first train (the 11:10) will be hauled by 2857. I'm pleased about that, since not only is it a nice engine but it's 100 years old this year.
    Regardless of what you end up doing tomorrow, I'll be at Kidderminster SVR (on the main concourse inside the front entrance) by the time the first of those trains from Moor Street gets in. So even if you get the earlier one, I'll definitely be around already. :)

If there are any last-minute problems, Twitter is the place I'm most likely to post -- @louderyay for those who don't already know. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow morning! :)

#88 Loganberry, 15 June 2018
    Last edited: 15 June 2018
    CuldeeFell and Oilyvalves like this.
  9. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I'll probably be getting the 09:58 from Moor Street, which gets to Kiddy about 10:40. I'm still happy to meet you at New Street, unless you want to get a different time.

vcgriffin likes this.
  10. janglehooves

janglehooves Proud to be an earth pony!

I've been a bit absent on here lately and unfortunately I'm going to have to miss this meet too. :( Hope you folks have a good time!

11. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Ah that's a shame, you'll be missed. Hope you've been well lately anyway, and that we can see you again soon.

12. Loganberry

We'll miss you, but thank you! And of course, if/when we do another one of these, you'll be very welcome. :)

13. vcgriffin

tickets booked, meet you at new street?

14. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Yes, OK. I'll be arriving there from Derby about 09:30. Meet in the main area where the big display boards are? (we met there before)

vcgriffin likes this.
  15. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

That's a shame and here's hoping you can make the next one. All the best.

16. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

Sorry not to see you tomorrow Janglehooves. Looking forward to seeing everyone else though.

Oilyvalves likes this.
  17. Loganberry

Good morning! For those who haven't seen Twitter: it's been raining here, but the sky is now slowly becoming lighter and there's just the occasional drop falling. One patch of rain currently in SW Wales looks like hitting this region around 11-12, but otherwise there's not much on the radar with our name on it, though I'd expect a few showers in the afternoon. In short: could be a lot worse. :)

I'm very tired as I only got about two hours' sleep for some reason, but I'm still looking forward to today. See you all later on! :)

CuldeeFell likes this.
  18. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Hope y'all enjoy your training! (@:

Oilyvalves likes this.
  19. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

I've just got home and uploaded my photos. It was a great day with all you guys. Photos under the spoiler cut.

Somerset with the goods engine.
    [​IMG]

Look closely and you can see the token exchange.
    [​IMG]

Oilyvalves with the Ivatt.
    [​IMG]

"There are a whole lot of sheep out there!"
    [​IMG]

The Ivatt at Highley.
    [​IMG]

The diesel now departing.
    [​IMG]

A lone pannier tank.
    [​IMG]

20. vcgriffin

Thank you everypony for a really great day, I really enjoyed it <3

Loganberry, Oilyvalves and CuldeeFell like this.