1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Shenanigans in Whitetail Woods

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Meulin, 17 August 2012.

1. Meulin

Meulin Relentless Harbinger of Animu Spam

Tanith rested on her tree branch, clutching her blue ukulele. In one corner of her eye, there was the view of her purple home, and the view of the huge drop in the other. A squirrel fell out of a neighbouring branch, and she swivelled herself under the branch to catch it. She missed, but heaved a sigh of relief as she watched it scamper along a lower branch. She closed her eyes, and giggled to herself. The mental image of her, hanging underneath a tree branch crossed her mind, and she started to snort. The merriment ceased as her ukulele dropped to the ground below, with no other branches to save it. Tanith groaned as she heard a 'thud' below, and started shuffling along the trunk, towards the centre of the tree. When she neared the end, she swung herself over and on to the wide, flat part of the branch. She hopped onto the identical branch below, and began her spiralling descent towards the grass.

She touched down on the grass, after hopping off of the last branch. The mare sprinted to her ukulele, which seemed to be intact. She gently strummed it, and the familiar twang resonated, albeit highly out of tune. Tanith grumbled, and trotted over to a rock, where she sat down. She started singing clear notes, and tuning her ukulele to her cheery voice that filtered through the trees and holly.

2. KestrelElk

KestrelElk Mess with Applejack and I'll mess with you ¬_¬

Rumulus had been forced to shut the distillery early due to some faulty mechanics, when this happened in the past he would generally hit the bar, sit alone reading the paper and enjoying a few drinks. Today was different though, the sun was shining and the Pegasus had cleared the sky of every single fluff of cloud.

As he took a stroll towards the Whitetail Woods, a spot he visited much as a young foal, entering the woods he spotted the old location of his and his best friends den, the natural cave formed by the branches of the trees was no more however, the years of harsh weathers and animals building homes and shelters had taken it's toll.

Looking around he noticed a sudden movement in a nearby tree, focusing his vision he saw a light pink pony hanging upside down from a branch, seemingly trying to clutch at a leaping squirrel 'what an odd little mare' he thought to himself, 'wonder what she's trying to do' .

He witnessed something drop to the ground below and from what he could tell from the ponies expression, it was something valuable.
    Wandering over to the ginger haired pony he saw her pick up the object from the foliage at the bottom of the tree, "oh, a ukulele, been a long time since I saw a pony play one of those".

The mare sat herself atop a rock and began to tune the instrument, with her voice no less, it sounded amazing and brought a smile to his face immediately.

Rumulus moved a few steps closer, "Hi there, just wanted to say, I think your voice is amazing... seems the animals enjoy it too" he said pointing a hoof to a nearby tree, where the birds were watching on in wonder.

3. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

“Come on Curveball, you can do this, just concentrate.”
    Heartstoker had been coaching Curveball on the art of pitching while being unable to see. It may have seemed silly to some, but to Curveball it was a challenge he wanted to overcome. This skill had come in very useful in the past, but that was a long story, and he had been unable to repeat the feat since that day.

Curveball leaned back onto one leg, and even through the blindfold Heartstoker could tell by his body language that his eyes had grown more intense than in previous throws.

‘This is going to be a big one…she thought.

As she predicted, the ball soared over her head and her waiting hooves, and into the trees of the Whitetail woods, of which the ponies were currently in a clearing.

“Don’t worry Curveball, I’ve got it!” Heartstoker’s loud voice rang out through the woods as she started running, followed quickly by the sound of branches and bushes being crashed through.

She saw the ball balanced on a branch, and began to run backwards ready to catch it as it rolled down. “Woah wha-!” was all she had time for as she went tumbling over an object behind her, crashing roughly to the ground and landing on her back. She blinked, used to rough falls now, and saw something that perhaps shouldn’t have been there. Or rather, someone. Two someones, even. A pink pony holding something, and a familiar green pegasus who was standing by her. Luckily she’d managed to miss them both.

“Oh.. Rumulus.. heh.. how are you doing?” The baseball fell down onto her head, and then bounced onto her stomach, where she grabbed it. “Heh.. I got it..”

4. Meulin

Meulin Relentless Harbinger of Animu Spam

She breathed a sigh of relief as the strumming stopped assaulting her ears, and rather soothed them with the now on-key melody. She smirked, and put it down on the forest floor. Glancing upwards, the squirrel that she attempted to save gave her a thumbs-up, and the leaves overhead whispered quietly. A rustle in the leaves behind the boulder caused her delicate ears to prick up. Tanith swivelled on her rock, and saw a green pegasus standing in the dappled light.
    "Eh? Oh, thanks. It's the only way I can actually be in their presence without them fleeing for miles. I'm not exactly good with animals." She sprung off of her boulder, and proffered a hoof to the green pegasus. "The name is Tanith. Tanith Skips. And you are?"

5. KestrelElk

"Rumulus, just Rumulus" He said whilst accepting the pink hoof outstretched before him, the shake seemed to last longer than most, Rumulus was rather awkward with introductions outside of the office.

He let her hoof go and they both regained their natural balance. Searching for something else to say, he took a look around him, through the trees and up into the leaves and branches above, the sound of distant voices echoed through them.

Exhaling slightly he said, "So, how long have you been play..." his sentence was cut short at the sound of crashing leaves and a faint shout, "...got it!" was all he could make out.

Before he knew it a familiar figure appeared careering through the woods towards them, quickly sliding along the ground and landing at their hooves.

“Oh.. Rumulus.. heh.. how are you doing?”
    Looking down, Rumulus proclaimed "Heartstoker?... What in Celestia's name are you doing?" before seeing the dirty old baseball fall and knock her on the head.
    “Heh.. I got it..”
    He smirked "Ha, I should have guessed"

6. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

“Yeah, same old same old huh, hehe” Heartstoker grinned, still laying on her back. She soon realised this fact however, and after a quick exclamation of “oops!” she rolled over onto her front quickly before getting up onto all four hooves. The pink pony stood where she was, clearly a little confused or maybe even annoyed by this turn of events.

“Hey, that’s a nice.. guitar thingy!” It was then Heartstoker noticed the strange situation, even excluding her presence.

‘So Rumulus and this gal were just here in the woods.. ohh wait a minute. Oh my..’ At this thought her face took on an apologetic look and she began to back away from the two.

“Uhh.. sorry, didn’t mean to interrupt! I got my ball so I’ll be going now! Yep, just backing up! Enjoy.. I mean.. uh.. bye! ”

Pon4 likes this.
  7. KestrelElk

"Ah okay then, well I'll be seeing you ar..."It took a moment for Rumulus' brain to process the words that had just been spoken."...Whoa now, hold on there, we've only just met" He stated in a rather defensive tone.

Realising he was waving his hooves around frantically as if to gather up the air around Heartstoker to stop her from leaving, he lowered them to the ground and took a quick breath;
    "I mean... we've only just exchanged names, trust it to be you to jump to such a conclusion" he said, shaking his head with a smirk on his face.

Looking around, Rumulus noticed just how close he was standing next to Tanith, with eyes facing the floor he decided to side step a little.

"...Anyway, enough of your silly accusations, would you like to introduce yourself? Or is someone expecting you to return with that ball there?"

8. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

“Heh.. silly accusations huh.. if you say so” she winked.
    “So yeah,” she turned to the mare standing with Rumulus, as he awkwardly sidestepped away from her. “The name’s Heartstoker. Sorry to.. uh.. drop in like this.. heh..”
    ~~~
    Curveball still stood in the clearing, blindfold over his eyes. Heartstoker didn’t need to be gone for long, and he had instructions to not remove the blindfold until their training was done.
    “Have you got it yet Heartstoker… Heartstoker?"