1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Show off your Pony Comic Collection!

Discussion in 'MLP Comic Series Discussion' started by XxSea_CookiexX, 11 February 2014.

1. XxSea_CookiexX

XxSea_CookiexX ♥ Pony Collector ♥

Basically this thread is about showing off your awesome Comic Book Collection with photographs! (of course) but it would also be awesome if you could talk about your favourite comics and the ones you dislike too! YEAH! :cool:

MLP IDW~ Equestria Girls Annual 2013.jpg

Firstly I have the Equestria Girls Annual 2013, which is really awesome but I hate how it's got some ages and clothing wrong. Like if Sunset Shimmer is the same age as Twilight, then that would mean that she would have gone through the mirror as a filly and came out the same age (about 11 depending
    if she got there the same time as the Freshman Faire, which I will explain about... NOW! The Freshman Faire is at the very beginning of the first school year, which would make the Mane 6 11-12 (depending on who's older than who. "I'm a Year older than you.") and according to the movie, the mane 6 (except Twilight) were wearing really different clothes at the Faire, which they are not wearing in the comic. So you know, if only they'd got that right. Anyways, I LOVE this comic and it has inspired me to write a series on each of the Mane 5 (EG's) and their lives, on my Deviantart! So, that's cool.

MLP IDW~ Friends Forever #1 (Subscription Cover).jpg

Next is the Friends Forever Issue 1 (Subscription Cover). Now actually, this wasn't the story I thought it was going to be. It was quite short and I thought it was going to have some huge epic disaster at the end but it just... DIDN"T! Overall though, I still enjoyed it and I'm definitely going to pick up Issue 2 this month.

MLP IDW~ Princess Luna Micro Series.jpg

Third is the Princess Luna Micro-Series which, may I say, got me laughing for SOO long! I just cannot stop reading it XD The story was just absolutely brilliant and the art was amazing too! There is nothing negative about this comic in the slightest, or at least not to me! All of the covers available are just PERFECTION but I was SUPER happy to find my favourite cover (this one) instead of the first one I picked up (Cover A I think) In my opinion, IDW REALLY got the true personality of Luna and that, my friends, makes me give this comic a 5-Star rating! YEAH! Oh, all we need now is gamer Luna!

MLP IDW~ Issue 1 & 2.jpg

And last but not least, the Main Series Issue's 1 and 2! Now I got these two off of Ebay in one for a really good price (basically because you can't really find these in shops anymore so.. yeah. I have to say, before I got the two separate Issues, I got the Digest version from my local library (Pinkie Pie Cover) and read it. Loved it and decided to get them for myself to own! I think this is a wonderful start to the series and now I have to get the other... 12? XD

I also have a little folder for my Pony Comics that I've decorated myself but it isn't finished yet so, I won't add the photo here 'till it's done!

Dax and Loganberry like this.
  2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I don't think I'm going to be able to take a photo of my whole comic collection until it's dry enough to spread them out outside, which (with the weather as it is) might not be for a very long time! So for now, here are a few of my favourites.

First, here's my little collection of issue #1s. On the left is the first-printing box set of all six Mane Six covers. Then the first-printing Fluttershy cover that I bought on launch day, and then a fourth-printing Rainbow Dash cover. In the second row are the wonderful Derpy cover from Midtown Comics and a Hastings cover signed by Katie Cook, Andy Price and Amy Mebberson.

[​IMG]

Second, here are the A, B and RI covers for the Fluttershy micro comic. As a huge Flutterfan I was a little bit disappointed with the actual story for this comic, but I really liked the covers. The RI cover by Sabrina Alberghetti ("Sibsy") showing Filly Fluttershy has to be kept in a sealed container in case its extreme adorableness boils over. ;)

[​IMG]

Finally, this is the oversized Treasury Edition, which includes a black-and-white version of issue #1 but also a wonderful (colour) art gallery showing all 48 of the variant covers for the first four issues. I'd consider this an absolute must-have for any fan of the comics.

[​IMG]

Dax likes this.
  3. Fridge

Fridge Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.

I wish I could but they're all on my iPad :(

4. Loganberry

iPads have a screenshot function, surely? Digital copies count! :)

5. Fridge

Fridge Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.

You are indeed correct, as a recent google search revealed. And so, BEHOLD!

image.jpg image.jpg

Loganberry likes this.
  6. Melgarh

Melgarh Dragon of Czequestria

This is only 1/3 of my collection, the rest is still in packaging that arrived or borrowed to a Brony-Flat in Prague for casual reading.
    (yes - we have up to 6 meet-ups per Week in Prague - regularly. How crazy is that :p )

Click image for enlarged version =)
    [​IMG]

A bit close up on my most prized ones - the Vinyl Scratch from SDCC and some Hot Topic and Luna's RI #8, that was a legendary find!

[​IMG]

7. Loganberry

That seems totally Pinkie Pie, to be honest. :p How can anyone keep up with that many meet-ups?
    Ooooh, very nice! :D I have the SDCC Vinyl, but not the Hot Topic or the Luna RI.

Melgarh likes this.
  8. erddie

erddie Drumming Pegasus

Okay, spose I'd better show mine - I forgot to include the EqG annual which I do have, and the 1st 11" x 17" portfolio:

All comics First print unless specified

Okay, lets start with Arc 1 - The first example is the 3rd print box set [Sealed]:

[​IMG]

Nightmare Rarity arc:

[​IMG]

Next 2 Arcs:

[​IMG]

Pirate Arc

[​IMG]

Book Worm Arc

[​IMG]

Hot Topic variants 14/15/16 [Sealed]:

[​IMG]

Mane 6 Micro Series:

[​IMG]

Other Micro Series:

[​IMG]

And Friends Forever #1/Art gallery [With Jowybean's art signed] and Cover Gallery

[​IMG]

The Treasury is also on it's way.

9. Loganberry

Okay, here we go. I took these a little while back, so missing are main series #16 (normal cover) and Friends Forever #2 (Sub cover).

1st picture set

#1 1st edition box set / #1 1st print Fluttershy / #1 4th print Rainbow / #1 Midtow
    #1 Hastings (signed Cook, Price, Mebberson) / #2 Pinkie+Dash / #2 Twi+Shy / #2 Midtown
    #3 Mebberson / #3 Buscema / #4 Conner / #4 RI (Price)

[​IMG]

2nd picture set

#5 Buscema / #5 Mebberson / #6 / #7
    #8 / #9 standard / #9 SDCC Vinyl / #9 SDCC "Beatles"
    #10 / #11 #12 #13

[​IMG]
    3rd picture set

#14 / #15 / Micro #1 / Micro #2
    Micro #3 / Micro #4 B / Micro #4 RI / Micro #4 A
    Micro #5 / Micro #6 / Micro #7 / Micro #8

[​IMG]

4th picture set

Micro #9 / Micro #10 / FF #1 Sub / FF #1 RI
    EqG annual / Art gallery / Covers gallery / Halloween special
    Treasury edition / RD fun pack

[​IMG]

#9 Loganberry, 6 March 2014
    Last edited: 8 March 2014
    Dax likes this.
  10. erddie

erddie Drumming Pegasus

So, so so SOOOO Jealous of that Vinyl Scratch cover. It even parodies 3 of my favourite LPs on the cover and UGH.

Also, I now have all 3 covers for FF #2 [Standard, SUB and RI] and my Treasury Edition hath arrived.

11. Pub Crawler

Pub Crawler Prince of Pints

Ok, my turn. +) Click for full sized.

First of all we have my issue 1's. Finally got the Midtown variant at a reasonable price, happy days. ^^

[​IMG]

Issue's 2 through 4, particularly like the #4RI cover.

[​IMG]

Nightmare Rarity arc

[​IMG]

Big Mac and the Art of Gazebo Repair, possibly my favorite story line so far.

[​IMG]

Pirates and bookworms, oh my! The ink cover for 13 is one of my overall favorites.

[​IMG]

Complete set of micro series. Good as the pastel style looks on the Princesses, Luna's mountain of coffee takes the gold in my book. Not least as it arrived just after I went 65 hours without sleep for a charity event!

[​IMG]

Friends Forever so far and a few others. I really like the #2 cover, Sweetie Belle's face, so cute!

[​IMG]

My spares, looking to sell them soon, so keep an eye on the trader board.

[​IMG]

And finally, the other, non pony comics I collect. If you're interested. Think it's nicely summed up in, need 8 pics for the pony stuff, 1 for all the rest. xD

[​IMG]

That's it for the moment, still have a few covers I'd like to track down, and given time probably will. Not too bad given I started with about 3 issues bought at BUCK'13 eh?

12. Loganberry

Very nice indeed! I'm a little jealous of the RI covers for #5 and #8. I have those as pictures, so I can't really justify buying the comics as well, but they're really nicely done. And I see the 100 Penny Press cover for #1 in there as well. Waiting for that one to arrive myself.

As for starting out... yeah. This fandom. Somewhere in the archives on this site is a post I made in late 2012 about how I wasn't a comic collector and doubted I'd care much at all about covers. :p

erddie likes this.
  13. Bronydiferous

Bronydiferous 'Diferous

Comic update for me today! I'm quite chuffed as I met Katie Cook today! She signed two comics of mine and drew my OC in a mini watercolour.

Little secret - she revealed that she didn't like Rainbow Dash as much as a lot of people in the UK (who were at the convention at any rate) so she drew me a little Flutters on the cover of one of my comics for me! :) She is so cool.

[​IMG]

14. Pub Crawler

Thank you. +) I got a good deal on those from eBay, the guy selling hadn't listed them well, so not many people saw what he had on offer. Between 2 auctions I got first print RI's for issues 1-8 for under £30 for the lot. That was a good day. As for the 100 Penny Press, it's a nice cover, but to be honest I was hoping against hope to get the 1:100 variant. Another one that I might splash £40 out for when I can afford it.

I know what you mean about collecting. I remember saying when I got my first few "I'm not fussed about the covers, I'm just getting them to read, I'm not a collector." That didn't last long. ^^

You jammy See You Next Tuesday! Very nice artwork, which con were you at?

15. Bronydiferous

Bronydiferous 'Diferous

Ouch! o_O

I went to the London Super Comic Con...

16. Pub Crawler

Bronydiferous likes this.
  17. Loganberry

I saw that variant on eBay just after it came out from a US seller for $10. Which was great and all, but they were charging WLF-level postage to the UK, so it would have been something like £35 all-in. Too much for me.

18. Loganberry

Comics acquired since last time:

#1 Hundred Penny Press / #3 RI / #13 RI / #16 B
    #17 A / #17 RI / FF #2 Sub / FF #3

[​IMG]

19. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Active Pony

Pony covers ^_^
    Mane stories (see what i did there? hehe)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Micro Series
    [​IMG]

Friends Forever
    [​IMG]

and the oddities
    Nightmare Rarity
    Rainbow Dash Micro Series
    Others

i also have the treasury edition but forgot to take a picture of it

Dax likes this.
  20. WinterMoon

WinterMoon Iron Pony

Really cool collections here, I picked up my first MLP comic today it was issue #4 in the friends forever series, hoping to start quite a collection :D

Pub Crawler likes this.