1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

SNP Walkout

Discussion in 'In The News' started by Recurrent Trotting, 15 June 2018.

1. Recurrent Trotting

So the SNP walked out of Parliament the other day in a statement which says "we are a very responsible party who is definitely still extremely relevant and able to govern the top part of this island" but do they have a point? Is Scotland losing powers that it doesn't have because it is part of the EU? Why is Scottish nationalism also EU dependence anyway? Why would the UK, as part of an attempt to seek to resume a close partnership with the EU, suddenly change its stance on these issues?

So from this it sounds like Scotland gets extra powers-ish when we leave the EU except that there is an opportunity to give them even more? If so this just makes Brexit even dangerous, embarassing and pointless and makes the SNP stunt even more annoying :(

#1 Recurrent Trotting, 15 June 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: 15 June 2018
  2. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

I haven't really engaged in politics in several months because of how depressing it's gotten. Basically the Conservative-DUP union is going for what it wants while bringing out the whip to fast track their way through terrible legislation, while stating that anyone questioning bad legislation is "blocking Brexit/democracy/the will of the people" and it's just gotten to a point where there is a dictatorship that's semi-elected, and it feels like there is no way that there is going to be some sort of alternative to what this government is doing, unless it collapses, or the DUP, unhappy that Brexit isn't Brexit enough, topples the government and triggers a new election.

Basically, I'm researching my options for moving out of this country, for a variety of reasons, but I don't have any confidence in this country's ability to succed from this Brexit fiasco.