1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Soul Calibur

Discussion in 'Games' started by Yalasen, 9 June 2012.

1. Yalasen

Yalasen New Pony

So, anyone play Soul Calibur? :D
    • My favourite style from version 3 was Ivy
    • Her snake-sword was at it's best :)
    • My favourite style from version 4 was Yoshimitsu
    • Loved the self-healing and flying abilities+Manji flea hop :D
    • My Favourite style from version 5 is Natsu :3
    • I like to dart around the battlefield and then appear right under my enemies nose - Kapow - hehe ^^

Reply with your favourite styles? :D
    Any tips? :3

2. Little Emerald

Little Emerald Currently addicted to: Monster Hunter

Yeah I play Soul Calibur. I mainly play Siegfried (or Nightmare costume 3, in the case of SC2). I loved 2 and 3 for the story and the side-games that they came with, but sadly these were lacking in 4 and 5. Hopefully Namco have listened to the fans' complaints of lack of story, and are hoping to put more into SC6 if and when they make it.

Did anyone pick up the collector's edition of SC5? My friend did, and it came with loads of extras. The best one to mention was the thank you letter from the developers to the fans, for their demand kept the series going.

3. Yalasen

Yalasen New Pony

Yeah. I Can't wait for SC6, I can only hope it comes with a longer story mode, with an individual tailoring to each character, reflecting slightly on the style from 4 but with greater detail. After that I'd want more characters and more items to customise with, possibly even mix and match move-sets.
    After that I'd like to see the return of some of the more passive details like the passive healing, increased stun chance etc...
    Also a sort of talent system that really lets players attune their play styles to their characters.

4. ShortCatt

ShortCatt When the time is right, I will know what to do.

I love the first Soul Calibur for it's friggin' huge gallery! I'm not even sure if me and my bro unlocked all the pictures, but we certainly spent a good while watching a slideshow of the many pics we did have.

Currently, Broken Destiny is the only SC game I own.

5. TheUKBrony

TheUKBrony Pony

I've played since SCII and I still love this series, even though the Gallery (home to my favourite pieces of music in the series, Healing Winds) was dropped from SCV... along with Talim *sobs*

If there's a SCVI, my fingers are crossed for the return of some previous Characters whose fates are never made clear after IV, Character Bios, more fitting Guest Characters, a HUGE Gallery, multiple Stories, Theatre Mode, maybe the return of Challenge Mode and some NPC Boss Fights; more from Night Terror PLZKTHNX

6. Arcanum Symphonis

Arcanum Symphonis ...I-It's not as if I like you or anything!

I got really good at SCII and III. Me and a mate used to play in 6th form, and we'd have a match with 10-minute rounds and 16-way Guard Impact chains. We used to get more people in a classroom to watch a game than most of the lessons had attendees.

7. Daniel Baggott

Daniel Baggott Clothes make the man

I went 75wins to 25loses on SCV online as Nightmare, but the AI didn't half destroy me D:

8. ShortCatt

ShortCatt When the time is right, I will know what to do.

Soul Calibur on Dreamcast had such an amazing gallery mode! Every game afterwards had pretty underwhelming Galleries in comparison. Sadly my Dreamcast broked a long time ago, has SC ever had a rerelease?

9. TheUKBrony

TheUKBrony Pony

Makes me wish I'd started sooner, but I was unsure about giving other consoles a try back then; I was born and raised on Nintendo, so moving away from them to try something new was scary for me XD

Let us take a moment of silence in memory of the fallen Dreamcast...

Nah, I don't think it's been re-released, unless Namco are saving up for an Anthology bonus-bundle for people who pre-order SCVI or something... I doubt that will actually happen, but we can hope

10. QuickSilver XD

QuickSilver XD from days gone by

I'll be honest, I haven't played any SC game apart from II but II was awesome. I played Kilik alot, apart from him I only ever really played Yoshimitsu or Sophitia.

11. Arcanum Symphonis

Kilik was my best character, but I could play any of them effectively. If I didn't pick Kilik (because people banned me from doing so, saying he was a noob pick and I was too good as him), I usually picked Maxi, Seong Mina or Xianghua. I could play as Ivy really well, too, and managed to get one of her epic grabs off in an actual game (376231A+K, if I remember rightly, and I'm using NUMPAD notation properly). It was the one that chucks the enemy up into the air as each blade flies around.

12. QuickSilver XD

Every time I went up against Ivy or Maxi if my bro was playing I would always get OWNED, no matter how well I could pull off Kilik's combos.

13. Little Emerald

I still remember the look on my friend's face when his winning streak was beaten by a few lucky ringouts by me. And my friend plays all sorts of fighting games REALLY WELL.

14. bobby.p

bobby.p #StayBased #MostWanted

i barley played SC5 it, was an decent game sure, but nothing really new compared to 4
    trade that in pretty quick
    SC4 is my favourite by far
    Im found of 2 on GC too, you can play as link

15. Little Emerald

I had the PS2 version of 2, where I could play as... Heihachi. -_-"

16. Derpmuffin

Derpmuffin Letting people down is my thing, baby

Oh, so you respond to THIS thread but not MINE.
    My favourite's.... V. I just love it's style. I have II on PS2 and IV on PS3.
    I use my custom chars almost exclusively. I have lots of custom MLP, from some youtube videos. Look them up, they're good!

17. Daniel Baggott

Daniel Baggott Clothes make the man

Holy moly the custom MLP characters sure are freaky D:

Derpmuffin likes this.
  18. QuickSilver XD

Oh what a barrel of fun Heihachi was. To name his weapons in the story mode (the name escapes me), I'm pretty sure that the creaters just facerolled and hoped for the best.

19. Arcanum Symphonis

I might trade in V for IV. V has almost no story or extra modes (other than "here's a boat load of enemies, beat them up"). I loved the story-ish mode in II, and somewhat liked the RTS-ish thing of III, but I think it would have been better had it been something like an RPG, with random battles in classic SC style.

Little Emerald and ShortCatt like this.
  20. Derpmuffin

Derpmuffin Letting people down is my thing, baby

I would usually use Nightmare's style. It is easier to use and fits me - just go in and smash the enemy to pieces. Although he's cheap in V, but using Siegfried or Nightmare himself would definatly make things easier. Arcade, fastest on normal, about 5-6 mins. I just reached lv 99 last night, but I don't really go online (I never got any experience cause a single game disconnected, so I have no online exp).