1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Southampton - 25th February 2012 Discussion

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Sharpy, 20 January 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharpy

Sharpy UKofE Co-Founder

Discussion about the event :) details are here

2. MJEccles

MJEccles Active Pony

If anyone has any specific things they would like to do, please just say. This's going to be pretty informal so you can suggest things now, or during the meet.
    For instance, if you wanted to hit the ToysRUs by the train station to quest for ponies. Or you wanted to hit Forbidden Planet to see if they have any green lantern t-shirts (or maybe that's just me).

byron201000 likes this.
  3. Wordwind

Wordwind Semiotic Sheriff

ITSONMYWEEKOFFITSONMYWEEKOFFITSONMYWEEKOFFITSONMYWEEKOFFITSONMYWEEKOFF!!!!

I mean, er, cool. Guess I might see you guys there. Y'know, if I'm not too busy and all. Being cool. 'Cause that takes a lot of time.

I assume.

4. MJEccles

MJEccles Active Pony

Cool, bro. Brony. Whichever. Here, you can borrow my sunglasses :)

5. TallBrony91

TallBrony91 Well-Known Pony

......FUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! I'm off to London on the 25th damnit lol. XD
    But I don't have to be there until 2pm and the Meetup in Southampton is at 12, so if anypony is thinking about coming a day early so they can get there in time or if they need a place to stay for the night after the meetup, I will gladly lead a hoof to anypony who needs a place to crash. :)

I just moved to Romsey which is like say a 5/10 minute train ride to Southampton so getting there will be easy, so if anypony needs a place to crash for the day before the meetup or on the day just let me know. ^__^

However I am planning to leave London at about 5pm, so if the meetup is still going on I might pop my head in and say hello to you all. :D

6. byron201000

byron201000 New Pony

I really would like to come! Can I still come even if Im just a 17 year old?

I would like to check out TOYS R US. (if I can come) I loved that shop when I was young and I would like to see if things still the same over there.

Wordwind likes this.
  7. Wordwind

Wordwind Semiotic Sheriff

Well... I SUPPOSE it'd be alright... But you'll have to wear a fake moustache. ;)

Also, I'll put in another vote for TOYS R US - that shop is awesome.

8. Trottingsky

Trottingsky Marxist Brony

I live in Eastleigh, 10-minutes from Southampton by train, 'might' be able to make this, you see I am down to work on that day, but I could possibly swap it. Don't get too hyped about Toys R US by the way, been there and thought the pony toys they had were ugly as Hell, but hey, they get new stock all the time I guess.

Regarding what to do,I'm not too fussed, just hanging out sounds fine given the low key nature of this meet up, however, I do strongly support the idea of eating at my favourate restaurant, 'Pizza Hut,' yes I know it's not the cheapest out there, but you can get a buffet for a good price.

9. Denegoth

Denegoth Honorary Pony

Quite a trek, and I would like to attend this one, but due to money I'm not making any promises. WHO KNOWS, I MAY JUST SURPRISE EVERYBODY I'm not getting my hopes up D:

10. MJEccles

MJEccles Active Pony

Yep, I'm going to personally make sure it's appropriate for bronies of all ages :)
    Like Trottingsky (love the name btw) said, we don't expect much luck on a pony search. But we may be able to hit somewhere for lunch, I forsee no problems there.
    Nearer the date, I'll drop my mobile number on here so that people can reach me in case they get lost en route.

11. TallBrony91

Ah Eastleigh my old stomping ground when I was a kid, it has changed a lot over the years I was very surprised when I saw the new area for the first time with the Bowling Alley, Eateries and Cinema when I was up over for a visit but, at least THE SWAN CENTER STILL LIVES ON!!!!! :D

12. byron201000

byron201000 New Pony

Just to make sure I wont get dissapointed on my first internet stranger meet up...Do I need to bring any money for the things we are doing? If yes how much recommended I need to bring so I can join in. Sorry for a silly question like this its just I get a little worried of being that far from home by myself. :oops:

Dont have to wear a fake one. I can grow a goatee if I have to. hehe! :D

13. Denegoth

Denegoth Honorary Pony

All of my envy. You can have it.

14. MJEccles

MJEccles Active Pony

How long is a piece of string? Heh, tricky question. It depends what you'd like to do while you're in town, if you want to do any shopping etc. Probably best if you take around £10ish for lunch etc. But to be safe, I'd take your bank card just in case.
    For instance, I was going to take some extra cash in case Forbidden Planet has anything nice. I'm not expecting it, but it'll be ready just in case.

I'll be sure to shave off my goatee, just to wind you up ;)

15. Sharpy

Sharpy UKofE Co-Founder

Due to personal reasons I have been asked to close this thread down. It is not my place to ask details so I am doing what was requested but if somepony still wants to do it and take over then I will have no problem with that and will raise it as a new event.

16. Bustabeat

Bustabeat why hello there

ok everypony, I'm taking this over due to some sad ponies, but baby IT, IS, ON

TallBrony91 likes this.
  17. Alteran

Alteran Horse Noises

Because this event has been re-started, I am re-opening this thread for discussion.

18. Trottingsky

Trottingsky Marxist Brony

Excellent, now I know this event is indeed back on I'll check with work on Tuesday to see if can have the day off.

19. TallBrony91

Great stuff, very pleased to see this back up and running. :D

20. Boring Ugly Pink Earth Pony

Boring Ugly Pink Earth Pony The Laughing Mare

I may drive over if I can get the day off work. I can't promise anything yet though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.