1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Staffordshire Brony Meets - Event Feedback

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by MachinePony, 24 January 2017.

1. MachinePony

MachinePony Hardcore Metal Nerd

Like what it says in the title, this is the feedback thread for the meets organised in Staffordshire. If you attended the most recent meet organised in my local area, your input will be appreciated, including what you liked about it and how it could have been better. Ideas for future meets are also welcome, including what locations to host them at, what activities we could do and much more.

Now for my review for the Lichfield meet held at last Saturday, the first one I organised and hosted since my move to Staffordshire. I think it went a lot better than most of the previous meets I hosted before. More people attended than I expected it to be. Prior to the meet I was a bit worried the attendees aren't going to enjoy the day I organised due to Lichfield being a small place, therefore not much there to offer. But we managed to make the most of the day by shopping for merchandise in the city centre, having our meals at the local restaurants and visiting Lichfield's famous cathedral at the end of the day. More importantly we had a good time simply by meeting up with other bronies. Most people enjoyed that day and said they will attend another brony meet in Staffordshire.

As for plans so far, I'm planning to organise a meet in either Cannock or Walsall on the third Saturday of February. It will be a chilled out meet like it was in Lichfield but hopefully it will last longer, depending on how many people will attend. I'm planning to buy a MLP-themed card game to play at the end of the next meet so if you guys have any suggestions on what card game to buy, drop a post on here.

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Not feedback as such as I wasn't able to get to Lichfield, though great to hear it went well, but either Cannock or Walsall would be within my reach and at the moment that day is free for me. Can't promise anything at this range, but I am potentially interested. :)

3. MachinePony

MachinePony Hardcore Metal Nerd

Now for my review of the meet we had in Cannock last Saturday. I could give a lengthy appraisal about how well the Cannock meet went but instead I'm going to keep it short and sweet by noting the highlights of the meet as well as my two cents of the meet in general.

First I like thank the people who attended the meet I organised, including those who also attended last month's meet and those who attended one of my local meets for the first time. In all honestly I thought not much people will attend this month's meet in due to it's location but we had as much people at this month's meet as we did in Lichfield last month. It also lasted a bit longer, which indicates how successful it went in my personal opinion.

Now for the highlights of this month's meet in Cannock:

• Looking around in the Rebel Records and Toy Shop, thanks to @Teamidris and his wife for finding the shop in the shopping centre.
    • Having our meals at the Linfold Arms, which probably was a better alternative to the other Wetherspoons pub in town.
    • The Loft 89 Cafe which me and @Loganberry had ended our day at. If we going to have a meet in Cannock again, this is where we are going to meet up.

What could I say about meet in general. Well everybody had a good time and that all it matters. Granted there weren't that much to do in Cannock, but we had fun there and I'm not going to rule out Cannock for future meets. In fact, me and @Loganberry discussed about having our mini-meets in Cannock.

However, like I mention there wasn't that much to do in Cannock, so I'm going to focus on bigger areas in Staffordshire to hold our meets at where there is much more to offer, such as Tamworth, Stafford, and possibly Stoke-on-Trent if anyone feels adventurous. Once in a while I'll hold a meet in somewhere like Cannock or Lichfield if anyone wants a chilled day-out.

#3 MachinePony, 21 February 2017
    Last edited: 21 February 2017
    Loganberry likes this.