1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville Steam, Caffeine, and Coffee Beans

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Rare80, 2 May 2013.

1. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Hot summers in Mid-Equestria can be brutal. A lone earth pony was wandering down an otherwise lifeless dirt road outside of Ponyville. The sun beating down on him. He was panting loudly, but there was nopony around to hear him. He was pulling a large wooden carriage behind him. The strong smell of coffee beans following him wherever he went. About to collapse out of exhaustion, he thought to himself, 'This seems like a good place to set up shop.' It wasn't, but he needed to to take a break from walking, if nothing else.

Romero stopped his carriage on the shoulder of the road. To say that his trip is a long one would be an understatement. He was a long way from home. Normally he doesn't haul this over-sized cart around. It's heavy, and is so big, that he can't bring it with him on the train. He's done all his traveling thus far on hoof. He found a good spot to set up earlier, but apparently he was on somepony else's property. It was some apple orchard that was owned by a hillbilly family. They said he was "trespassing", "a disturbance", and was "stealing their apples." Whatever.

The good thing was he was close to Ponyville, and he could make a some quick cash. Ponyville was never a cash-cow, but a bit earned here or a bit earned in Canterlot is still a bit. Every bit counts. He slowly worked his way into the welcoming shade of his carriage. There was barely enough room for his large 'fro in the small space due to all the bags of coffee beans he's been lugging around. Still, he was able to find a spot and he promptly sat down on his plot. He tried to stay awake for any potential customers, but before he knew it, he dozed off into a nap.

2. Snoozy

Snoozy bleh

The sky blue mare came trotting down the lane at a casual speed, She had on her back two very full saddlebags, Full of what? Pillow stuffing. She had been running low for a while, But thankfully her business had been steady and she had plenty of stock, So the lazy Snoozy could continue to work at her usual slow and ineffective manner.
    The stuffing she was carrying was an unusual sort, It had been a while since she had tried something new, But as suggested by one of her pegasi friends, she would be stuffing her new pillows with clouds. Impossible one would say, But with the help of a winged friend and an ounce of magic, it could work.

as they were simply clouds, the load on her back was light as air, Not a struggle. The pillow crafting business sure was easy. especially when no pony can resist a professionally stuffed pillow, Pegasi sleep on them all the time, So why not confine them to a sack of soft fabric for earth ponies to use? This could either go very well or somewhat okay.

She continued on her journey, Nearing her workshop. thank heavans, she was about ready for her 3rd nap of the day. However, she was stopped by a mysterious cart, And a stallion she had never seen before. The scent from the cart was foreign, What exactly was that fine scent? the scent was energizing. A fine aroma, She was very curious. She had now stopped in her tracks, Looking over the stallion again. Surely it wasn't exactly safe to leave your cart out in the open, unprotected whilst napping; Although she was one to complain, Seeing as she tended to sleep on the counter during business hours. She patiently waited, looking at the sacks with intent of making a purchase as she waited for him to wake. She wasn't one to disturb anybodies sleep.

3. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

As a red and white stripe Zebra Patient was walking down the road as he was still new to this town. He spotted two ponies one standing and waiting for something and the other was sound asleep as he to himself "what was happening there" so he walked up to them. As he got closer he saw that this stallion was selling something he never saw back home in his land he wondered what it was and ask the stallion but he was asleep so he thought on asking the mare pony what it was.

He came up to her and coughed to try and catch the mares attention "Excuse me miss but what is this strange thing" he pointed to the beans.

4. Snoozy

Snoozy bleh

She caught the sound of hooves approaching, A strange type of stallion she had never seen before, Such exciting markings and colours, He looks rather exotic. She tipped her head a little, She replied politely. "I'm not quite sure myself, But i am rather curious. It seems the owner's taking a rest." She was beginning to consider returning later, getting her precious load of cloud back to the workshop, it was hardly heavy, But she couldn't risk them escaping or becoming damaged. Clouds did belong in the sky after all, She began to wonder if the weather factory even knew that she was using their clouds; She didn't want to think about the situation anymore than that. Snoozy took a closer step to the resting stallion, Her voice soft on his ear "Hello stranger?" she said quietly in a meek attempt to wake him.

5. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Romero slowly opened his eyes. He saw a wide-eyed mare staring back him only inches away from his face. Still tired, he was unable to put together any clear thoughts. After lying there silent for a few seconds, he looked around his carriage. All of his coffee still seemed to be in place, nopony stole anything. He let out a loud yawn and smacked his lips together. He slowly stood up, still bleary-eyed.

"Uh, can I help you?"

#5 Rare80, 7 May 2013
    Last edited: 7 May 2013
  6. Snoozy

Snoozy bleh

She backed off a little as he stood, Her keen eyes also on the sacks of that fine scented product she had never really heard of. She cleared her throat nervously. "Yes well i was wondering what it was you were selling here... What is it?" She was back at examining the sacks, Still planning on making a purchase. The scent was just so inviting and energizing, Her saddlebags were bulging full, Thankfully her shop was on the edge of town, just down the road a little ways further than the current location. She was unsure if waking him was the best idea or not. "It smells really, Interesting."

7. James Dark War

Patient was looking at the things that this stallion was selling he really had no idea what it was as the smell was nice as he wanted to try some for himself "Hi i was also wondering what this nice smell thing was and like to try some of it".

The smell of what ever it was over powering of a strong but yet sweet smell he sniffed the air of it "the smell is just wonderful".

8. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Romero wedged his way through large amount of stuff in his carriage. After scuffling around a bit, he pulled out a lantern which illuminated the inside of the formerly dark carriage. He looked over his shoulder for a minute to admire his great collection of coffee beans. The bags of coffee filled nearly every available space in the carriage, stacked up on shelves that reached the all the way to the top. Then, he quickly sat his lamp beside a sign that read:
    --/ Quality Riversdale Coffee \--
    Primary Blends..... =....... 1 bit/nickel, 2 bits/dime, 3 bits/quarter.
    Secondary Blends. =.... 2 bits/nickel, 5 bits/dime, 10 bits/quarter.
    Specialty Blends.....=... 5 bits/nickel, 10 bits/dime, 20 bits/quarter.
    Nickel bags contain about 3 servings of coffee, dime bags have 6 servings, quarter bags have 15.
    No refunds!
    Romero stood there with a blank look on his face at the light blue mare that had somehow squeezed her way into his carriage. He have amazed at the questions he was being asked. "Haven't you guys heard of coffee before?" he asked with a slight sense of disappointment in his voice.​

9. James Dark War

Patient look at the stallion "no I haven't back home in my land we haven't heard of this coffee before I would like to try some of this fine drink how much is it for one cup of it" as Patients pulled out his bag of money ready to pay for the one cup of this coffee.

10. Snoozy

Snoozy bleh

"I Do beleive my parents in canterlot are quite attatched to their Coffee, It was never really to my taste, So that's what these are? I thought it... was just. liquid." Snoozy commented dopily, Trying to figure out just how these were turned into the drinkable substance. Coffee had never really appealed to her until now. She was eyeing the sign with perked interest. "What's the difference between the blends?" She turned her gaze back to the stallion.

11. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

The red stallion that was outside of the carriage seemed a little impatient. When he got out his bag full of coins, his eyes lit up and a big smile flashed upon his face. Shoving the blue mare out of the way, he was about to walk out of the carriage and attend to him when the mare spoke up. "What's the difference between the blends?" she asked. "Oh, I'd thought you'd never ask!" he exclaimed. He quickly got beside her and pointed his hoof towards the bottom of the carriage. "I've got coffee blends and recipes from all over Equestria and the world over. The primary blends are either raw beans or are mixed in with a single ingredient, they come in basic favors like Mocha, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Hazelnut, and Americano. Secondary blends have more intense flavor." said Romero pointing too a shelf in the middle of the carriage. "They come in White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Peach, Pumpkin, and combo flavors like Vanilla Hazelnut, or Cinnamon Mint. THIS..." he said as he pointed toward sacks staked high almost reaching up to the top, packed so tight they were almost falling over. His eyes growing wide with excitement. "...are my Specialty Blends. I dare you to find a unique and extensive collection like this anywhere else. I've gone far and wide searching for the best blends of coffee known to pony kind. That one is one I found while my visit to the Crystal Empire it's called Frozen Bliss. coffee beans are scarce there, they water down they're coffee a lot. They add a touch of vanilla, mint, and milk; freeze it; and they eat it almost like an ice cream. This one is one is from Saddle Arabia called Cinnamon Surprise, it's a roasted cinnamon; milk; and honey mix that was originally made for a tea recipe, but I converted it for coffee. It's also good for a sore throat. This one is from my last visit to Equestria called the Canterlot Crunch, it's mashed up cinnamon and brown sugar with small apple chunks blended in, the apples I believe, are from here in Ponyville. This one is from a monk monastery in the mountains of Shung Hoof called Yin and Yang, Dark and White Chocolate mixed with just a pinch of mint. This one's from New Liberty City, and is a house blend of hazelnut, mocha, and peanut called The Mid-Morning Rush. Trust me, there are many, many more then were that came from."

12. James Dark War

he licked his lips at off the different flavor he didn't knew there was so many flavor to this coffee and where they all came from "Which one would you suggest to me a first timer Zebra like me" he looked at all the different wonderful beans and the wonderful smell of mint, chocolate and so many more.

13. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

"Well, I don't know about that..." said Romero. "But if you want me to make some for you, we'll have to go into town. I don't have any way to heat up some water out here.

14. James Dark War

"I could suggest that nice cafe there they might give you hot water but i believe she was in front of me so will wait" as he pointed to a cafe and then back to the mare he just sat and waited patiently in line for the mare to finish her purchase

15. Snoozy

Snoozy bleh

There was a lot for her mind to process as she listened to him list and explain the blends, So much to choose from. So confusing, Also being a first timer she had no clue what to even think about. Vanilla sounded like something that could work with her palette. "I Guess il take a dime bag of your vanilla primary blend?..." She spoke softly. Maybe she would even like it and be willing to purchase more? She reached into her saddlebag, carefully maneuvering two bits from it with magic, Her face straining, the aura around her horn weak and faint, She looked as if she were lifting something a lot more heavy than two coins. Much to her embaressment, her power fizzled out, Again, The coins falling at the stallions hoofs. Her face flushes with embaressment, Her ears drooping nervously. "My apologies, Let me get that" She leans down, Picking them up in her mouth like an earth pony would.

16. James Dark War

As Patient wasn't one to just sit there and not help the young Mare out "Let me help you there miss and may I just suggest that you should really take it easy at some times when using you magic and I really haven't caught your name miss" he help her out "and would you like any help with the bag of beans" he was always taught by his parents back home in the Zebra land to help other in need.

17. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

At first, Romero wondered how the other stallion managed to fit within the already crammed carriage. More importantly the timidness of the mare in front of him caught him off guard. "Look, I don't want sell you something you don't know how to use." Romero spoke up. "I think it's best... for all of us... if we went somewhere to brew some of this coffee." Romero couldn't believe what he just said, especially if it may cost him two bits. But he knew he was doing the right thing.

18. James Dark War

"That seems fair enough to me" he looked at the young mare for her to replay.