1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by WelshPony, 28 March 2015.

?

Your Favourite Gem?

1. Steven

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Garnet

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Amethyst

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  4. Pearl

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. Thomas+Ponies

Thomas+Ponies I'm HowToBasic!

I've just discovered this thread...and I'm stuck on the voting. I can't decide between Steven and Pearl.

Help.

#281 Thomas+Ponies, 11 September 2016
    Last edited: 12 September 2016
  2. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Last One Out of Beach City was really good. Pearl is healing and moving on and I'm really happy for her. :D Excited to see where the "mystery girl" plot goes. Although I kind of wish the first thing that was brought up wasn't that she looks like Rose - it makes it feel like that's the only reason Pearl was interested in her, which undermines the "letting go of the past" theme a little.

I'dLikeToBeATree and Bexy164 like this.
  3. Thomas+Ponies

Okay, I've cast my vote. I selected Steven.

So, yeah, I'm really enjoying this show. It really serves as a good show to enjoy now that Gravity Falls is over.

4. Recurrent Trotting

while at the wikia an itty new SU forum has started up. they really need new members though, so if anyone wanted to come across I bet they'd like it (I'm called Glass Quartz over there). Join in the RP there too! we're each taking a Ruby (either in show or OC) and then.. doing something! :D

5. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

This character looks familiar :D

Screen shot 2016-09-17 at 21.47.08.png

I'dLikeToBeATree likes this.
  6. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Just received the "The Answer" book today. It's absolutely gorgeous and adorable and I wholeheartedly recommend it. Favourite part is the tiny Ruby and Sapphire in the page borders, especially once they start playing with the medium and climbing around the page. :D

I'dLikeToBeATree, Bexy164 and Thorn like this.
  7. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

Frisk Soup!! Best Onion Friend tbh...not that I'm biased or anything :p That ep was pretty cute though, it was nice to see a less psychopathic side to Onion, that he does have friends and genuinely does like/care about Steven c:

Aaand I guess we're on hiatus again?? ;~; I'll def have to pick up The Answer book sometime though, it does look really cute and the art is lovely.

SRainboom and Cendaquenta like this.
  8. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Aagh, I'm falling behind. Haven't even watched Onion Friend yet. Dailymotion gives me anxiety.

9. Recurrent Trotting

shoo hiatus shoo!

Bexy164 likes this.
  10. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

#290 Thorn, 4 October 2016
    Last edited: 4 October 2016
  11. Recurrent Trotting

:D crying breakfast friends is so weird

and meta :p

my favourite short is this one

I'dLikeToBeATree, Bexy164 and Thorn like this.
  12. Thomas+Ponies

There's also this little ditty:

Thorn likes this.
  13. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Love the shorts. "Video Chat" is probably my favourite. :D
    Also, Crying Breakfast Friends has an official theme song now! Yay lore! :p

Thomas+Ponies, Thorn and Bexy164 like this.
  14. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

So how are people coping with the hiatus. Apparently rumor has it has it's returning in November. But anyways, I don't know about you, but I've been busy making Gemsonas. This does seem like the right thread to share them. So if you've made one, who are they? What are they like? I want to know about other's gemsonas.
    I myself have 3 main ones:
    • Peridot (Peri) A peridot with her gem on her chest. She's also 'era 1' so can shapeshift. She works as a 'small space technician' with her weapon being a grappling hook/hookshot thing but she can shapeshift her hands into the appropriate tools
    • Blue Stripe Agate (Blue) Info found here: http://sta.sh/0stosdummke
    • Blue John (Jay) Info found here: http://sta.sh/01hmycq1n40s

Thorn likes this.
  15. Thorn

Nice Gemsonas Bexy. :)

And there's no rumour about it. Gem Harvest airs November 17th. I myself have been re-watching episodes. I know that doesn't sound interesting, but I haven't re-watched episodes since Hit The Diamond. It's not that anything after that has been bad, I've just been short on time for myself (he says while re-watching Gravity Falls). But I'm looking forward to the return of Space Rock Show.

Bexy164 likes this.
  16. Recurrent Trotting

yeah I'm hearing Nov 17th too - so long : (

In terms of gemsonas it has to be the rubies - they are so cute :p

17. Thorn

So long for now hiatus. Steven Universe is back with a double episode.

Really sweet episode this one. It's about time we saw more from Greg's family since we know so much about the Gems as is. It wasn't simply a sudden "long lost brother" kind of scenario but more of an unexpected reunion of sorts. Also, DeMayo is a pretty cool last name (I've probably spelled it wrong; my apologies) though I disagree with Steven, though: Universe is a much cooler name than that. You can't completely blame Andy for being upset at Greg. He was kind of a jerk at first but as the episode moved on, you could understand his pain. Being around his family all the time and suddenly he's alone (or feels alone) because everyone made their move. He didn't and he just wanted to keep things as they were.

There were a lot of small things I enjoyed in this episode such as Garnet and Lapis working together to gather vegetables or Pearl and Peridot helping with the cooking. Characters that don't normally interact so much working closely is always a small detail I enjoy. Even the subtle use of Steven's shield as some kind of wok was a small stroke of genius. The Gems' attempt of wooing Andy over with things he likes was both funny and rather awkward: "We heard you like marriage so we thought why don't we all marry each other?" Pearl no! Lapis carrying Andy's tombstone and consoling him for his marriage was where I lost it. Pearl being so proud of herself while Steven just worried completed the whole thing.

My favourite scene was easily at the dinner table with the Gems joking about their own Homeworld customs and such before everyone being thanked for all their jobs. Hey, look at that, an out-of-nowhere Thanksgiving episode. Just in time, eh? I know we don't celebrate it here of course, but still. It's always fun the see the Gems trying to get accustomed to traditions and this was shown straight away with everyone repeating Andy and asking, "Where are my manners?" before passing the cake around. Peridot mentioning they're all together for the first time in a while was really sweet too (even if I do feel that's a subtle jab at Cartoon Network for the show being on hiatus again) and shows not only how she's more than just accepted her new life with the Gems and Lapis, but how she embraces her new freedom and genuinely loves them.

As I said before, you could understand Andy being upset. He simply wanted to keep things as they were and didn't like that everyone else had apparently moved on. It's an unfortunate lesson that friends and even family come and go sometimes and this is no more apparent than Greg moving on with his life to pursue his music career before meeting Rose ("What do you mean weren't 'technically married'?"). I really do hope we get to see more of Andy. He's a good example of a character you grow to respect in the time of an episode. And he is a part of Steven's overall family now, so it makes sense for him to show up more often.

Also, Pumpkin Dog was adorable. Really nice episode and it's good to have some new episodes again.

I'dLikeToBeATree likes this.
  18. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

@Thorn pretty much just summed up all of my thoughts on Gem Harvest better than I could, so yeah X3 a really sweet ep, even if it wasn't what a lot of people were expecting! (ie the harvest was literal and there were no gems getting poofed or anything) I liked Andy a lot - when he first showed up I was a bit worried, because I feel like with a show as obviously liberal and progressive as SU (which is awesome!) it would be easy to make him a really one-dimensional conservative/republican stereotype character? But I think they did a really good job of making him sympathetic and showing why he clung onto the ~traditional~ old-fashioned views, so yeah, that was cool as well as just getting to see more of Greg's family in general ^^ (Steven DeMayo!! I feel like "that's way more exciting than plain old Universe" is the Gem in Steven showing, somehow XD)

Also, Three Gems and a Baby happened! (not sure if I need to spoiler but just in case)

So pretty much more filler, but very cute filler and it was nostalgic to see the Gems' old forms again! Honestly though, I think the first little montage of Greg looking after baby Steven might have been my favourite bit in the whole episode because it was just adorable and heartbreaking - and that little moment when he saw that photo of Vidalia and Yellowtail and Sour Cream (or was it Onion? I can't remember but yeah) and looked sad, omg ;___; (I actually checked and was like "yep, 2 minutes in and I'm tearing up already, damnit this show" XD)

And then some classic "Gems don't know how to human" shenanigans with the gifts which is always fun - buying a baby a dictionary/"the most logical choice for a being that can't communicate" (IDR her exact quote), that is SO Pearl :p And so is...um, kidnapping said baby/stealing his dad's actual house because you want to get Rose out? Well that sure escalated quickly - it was interesting how the Gems' different reactions to the concept of Steven as a thing: Amethyst seeing it as shapeshifting and Garnet seeing it as fusion (which I guess is the closest thing - poor Ruby and Sapphire though, someone pointed out that maybe they took so long to unfuse in front of Steven because of his reaction the first time, which awww D:), and Pearl...PEARL NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH HIS GEM. PEARL STAHP D: (Though tbh, I was spoiled for "Pearl basically tried to poof Steven" and thought it'd be a bit more dramatic than it was? but still, "we'll find a way to get you out and we can be together again!!" oh Pearl no ;~; )

And then Greg running after them with a horribly failed attempt at a sled! (Have I mentioned lately how much I love Greg and how much more appreciation he needs :p) And the whole "none of us really know what we're doing, but we'll have a better chance at figuring it out if we do it together" ending was lovely, and it shows how far they've all come since then and the start of the series c: so yeah, still really enjoyed this ep! (Even if I am a bit salty it's kinda ruined a fanfic I started and never got around to finishing, but that's on me I guess XD)

[/SPOILER]

Thorn likes this.
  19. Thorn

From the Steven Universe Facebook page...
    [​IMG]

Bexy164 likes this.
  20. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

*SCREAMMMMSSSSSSSSS* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Ahem, well, this looks exciting

Thorn likes this.