1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by WelshPony, 28 March 2015.

?

Your Favourite Gem?

1. Steven

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Garnet

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Amethyst

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  4. Pearl

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

And... up to date. I have now seen up to and including S5E18. So... don't read further unless you've seen that far yourself. I haven't seen the big leak(s?) that Cartoon Network apparently let slip, so you're safe from those here.

Look, if you're here, you know what the spoiler is anyway. But... well. Well. That puts a whole new spin on... everything, really. I know the "Rose is Pink Diamond" theory has been floating around the fandom for ages, but I suspect nearly everyone expected it to get shot down eventually. Whew... this makes Rose a seriously grey character morally. I mean, even more so than before. And doubtless with more twists to come.

Also also, I saw this on Twitter. I hadn't made the link myself, but... yeah.

2. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

Well, it certainly is something

How do y'all here feel about it? I'm interested to see where it will go

3. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

I admittedly kinda saw it coming, what with all the theories and all, but I never expected it would actually happen.

Also, can we please appreciate that Lapis finally got a song and it's beautiful?

4. Recurrent Trotting

not a fan of this revelation (wasn't a fan of the theory either) as it's a gutsy show which could've handled a bit of shattering and it was very justifiable on the version of events we thought were canon since Pink, like the other diamonds, would have destroyed the earth.

I did love the way they did the reveal ep though - Pearlception :D

also Pink has pom pom slippers so she can't be evil

also also I really wanted Zircon's statement to be a full troll, but at least it was a half-troll :p cheeky SU writers pinning it on the other diamonds

edit - was wondering if this had been a planned thing from the start, but I think not as there were a few times when the animation would be trolling us otherwise eg in what can I do for you Pearl and PD fuse and the gem is definitely a rose quartz. Later on though when Stevonnie/Amethyst fuse the gem is hidden, so perhaps the writers knew by then?

#344 Recurrent Trotting, 8 May 2018
    Last edited: 8 May 2018
    DerpyWhooves likes this.
  5. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

WWwwwwwwwow.

I'm okay with this - if there's one thing that never ceases to amaze me with SU it's how it keeps on whacking out doozies of plot twists even 5 seasons in... keeps things interesting and keeps you guessing. I don't follow the SU fandom, so it genuinely came out of the left field to me!

6. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

S5E21 spoilers:

I NEED AN AMETHYST PONY NOW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thorn likes this.
  7. sten whik

sten whik Space

Well this might just be the best delivered Amethyst line of the series...

Psssst. It's me. I'm a horse.

Close enough?
    [​IMG]

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  8. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Lol, I thought someone might post her :D

Another thing about the episode:

A friend mentioned that this is the first lesbian engagement in Western animation! I hadn't even thought about that, I was too busy doing this.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Recurrent Trotting

new ep!
    it was a shame that the ep couldn't be better paced as so much needs wrapping up but the extra insight into the diamonds in the ep was sweet. Yellow confirmed that she's all about the material gem when she retores Nephrite's body, while Blue confirms she's all about its mind when she restores that. Pink meanwhile shows us that she resstores a gem's spirit. A few other diamond themes came up too. I had thought that it was White who disrupted the gems' minds when the diamonds attacked, but now I think that it is more likely that she made the effect permanent, since the other diamonds together were able to restore her, but only temporarily and Yellow definitely thought White could fix it permanently.

I agree with theories suggesting that White is an obsessive control freak. White doesn't let Steven speak and is generally dismissive of both his actions/thoughts and those of Yellow and Blue. White also seems to be a bit of a cruel sociopath. Her pearl appears unnatural, as if it doesn't have its own personality, and is scarred. Homeworld itself looks to be scarred, and we already know that White crushes off-colours who don't conform to her plan for the planet. We also find out that neither Blue nor Yellow knew that corruption would take place on earth - but I bet White knew that. In the background to the ep we also found out that White destroys all off-colours who don't conform to her plan for the planet, which would reflect her knowing use of corruption against the Earth gems. Ominously Garnet predicts that Steven will be alright, but foresees problems for herself and maybe the others and Yellow and Blue are also evidently nervous about the idea of White finding out about what has happened

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  10. sten whik

sten whik Space

Oh this is a thing tomorrow by the way...

Bexy164 likes this.
  11. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

It is nice to see some Garnet

12. Recurrent Trotting

well...

well

*head explodes*

:3

the song at the end of the episode is so beautifully sung. I wish it was longer... and the lyrics were a little less on the nose. But the singing though <3

13. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

As for the final four-episode special...

...it was compulsively watchable, that's for sure! I was not expecting... well, pretty much anything that happened there./ When the Off Colours turned up I had the stupidest grin. :D

The one downside was that the ending seemed a bit rushed and simplistic -- everyone's said sorry so that's that? Nah, not buying it. I have to assume there'll be some "confronting what you did" for certain Diamonds in S6, assuming we get that, or maybe the film.