1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Surf's Up

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Solunar, 2 September 2012.

1. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn looked at the injured pegasi's wings. Studying them and comparing them to his own. He noticed her feathers were more refined than his, her wings built for speed. His own feathers were broader and fluffier, built so his wings could catch the air for increased agility.

"You think this weather will help you gain speed?" Dawn ashed her curiously. As he always found that his feathers lost their agility when they were too wet.

2. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

"in a way ye, its more the fact of getting used to different weather types and adapting to them" Eiro explained looking at her feathers then comparing them to those of the yellow Pegasus.

3. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn wondered what kind of racing she did; whether she flew, or if she was preferred to ground like him but uses her wings for running instead of surfing. He saw her gazing at his feathers so he shook his wing a little with a smile.

"As surprising as it may be, I don't use these wings for flying sports, my life lies there on the water" he said gazing at the ocean once more. "My wings have adapted to the waves in a way they catch the air rather than deflect it."

4. Eiro

"hehe i prefer to spend most my time in the air" she said looking towards the sky "the freedom is so liberating, so i see you're a surfer, i gave that a try once didn't end to well" she chuckledremembering her first attempts at surfing which ended being washed up on the beach each and everytime regardless how hard she tried "now that i think about it isn't there a competition at some point soon?"

5. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

"The sky?" Dawn asked hollowly looking up, he couldn't remember learning how to fly as his father had a fear of the skies.

"I don't think I've ever been higher than the Town Hall in Ponyville... before I crashed." He sighed and then smiled when he spotted the water again.

"My preference is the sea; something about the water itself, it's like you become one single breathing essence with the wave when you ride your first one. I still feel her now, my feathers bristle every time the wave breaks on the beach. There is a competition soon, yes." He beamed, it'd be his first one and she was also the first pony he'd met that seemed to know of it's existence.

6. Eiro

"hehe i crash a lot, you could almost say its a hobby" Eiro said with a smile "though each crash spurs me on to try harder the next time" letting the breeze from the sea flow through her mane "the sky just feels so right for me the feeling of moving with the wind" looking at the other pegasus she noticed his smile "i wander what the turn out for the competition will be like, surfing may not be my thing but still i intend to watch its nice to see other pony's giving everything they have in something they are passionate about"

7. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

"I can probably say that I've gained more air out of riding a wave than I have with my wings" Dawn said sheepishly. He looked around, the rain was lighter and the air was warmer, the city was coming alive.

Thinking on what she said, he asked her "You don't happen to have the flyer do you? I seem to have lost my copy" he sighed.

8. Eiro

"the flyer, i think so" she answered, it then hit her that her saddle bag got drenched with her when she fell into the water, she had been told it was completely rain proof but ocean proof, not holding up to much hope she lowly unzipped the bag and much to her relief everything inside was still dry "few i guess not all ads are scam's" she sighed with relief knowing that the contents where still dry, rooting through her bag looking for the flyer "hmm i swear i had one in here somewhere... ah here it is" she said pulling it out of her bag and passing it to the pegasus.

9. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn saw the outside of the bag was dripping wet, but was confused as to the reference to scams. "Scam? What scam?" he asked her curiously. His attention was then shortly drawn to the flyer hoofed to him. He unfolded the flyer and began to read the simple text:

"Switchhoof Pro!" read the title, in big bold letters. "9th Annual Stableside Surfing Contest..." Dawn studied the large bold image of the wave underneath; he further read the finer details. "Starts 17th day, Summer until the sun sets on the 20th; that's in the next 3 days!" he shouted happily. His heart skipped a beat and his wings fluttered.

10. Eiro

"ive know many marketers to lie about there products that's all, looks like these bag's are the exception" she said happily knowing her bits where well spent "i guess if its that soon ill hang around, saves heading out then having to return again" maybe a change of passe is what she needed, after all she spent a week training so a break would do her some good after all her wings was still to injured to actually make any serious progress anyway.

11. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

"Stableside is a good 2 cities along the coast from here." Dawn told Eiro, "it could take at least a day to get there, if not longer. Especially with your injured wings and my lack of flying skills." He smiled. The sun was halfway up the sky now, he was surprised time had flown that quickly. The sun shone of his mane and made it shimmer like the sea.

"S0..." He said, "How do you wanna get there?"

12. Eiro

"hmm im so used to flying im not sure what other forms of transport there are around here" she said thinking about the fact she hant used any form of transport other than her wings in years so being grounded for a while its a completely new experience, "you know any other ways to get there?"

13. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

"The're sure as heck aren't any bus stops around here!" said Romero butting into the conversation kind of rudely. The three pegasi looked at him sort of funny. Romero had forgotten that he wasn't in Riversdale anymore, and that there are no buses in Equestria, and therefore, no bus stops.

"Go on, now. Tell her! Answer her question, 'cause I wanna hear this."

14. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn was taken by surprise at the sudden outburst, though he wasn't angry, more frightened. Dawn recognised him but his shyness overwhelmed himself, he just looked to the ground and began dusting the floor with his foot.

15. Eiro

"So there isn't no buses its not like its the end of the world" Eiro spoke up trying to take some of the pressure off Dawn "not like some rain will do any harm" she said letting the rain hit her face.

16. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Feeling somewhat more at ease and thankful to Eiro, Dawn managed a quiet reply. "There's a coastal route, it's a direct path that hugs the sea and shouldn't take too long if we gallop fast enough." he smiled, proud of himself for getting the words out without a problem.

17. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

"Trail? Y'mean, like, a walkin' trail?" Romero said, his laid-back melodic voice bringing a little bit of life to an otherwise dull sentence. The thought of walking after spending a long night on that rickety boat made his hooves hurt already. Romero looked up, the rain seeming to die down a little bit.

"I guess it's probably the only way to get around in this place with thier turn-of-the-century technology. Unless you can charter a train. I'm not familiar with this area, so I don't know if that's even an option or not." Romero was a lot calmer now. He looked that the expression on the face of the yellow pegasus, and it let him realise that he had made the conversation akward and difficult.

Geez man, you're always screwing your first impressions up! Get ahold of yourself! Everypony in Equestria is gonna think you're a jerk, if you keep going like this. Romero let out a large sigh. "Uh, I'm sorry that I made myself look like a loser a moment ago. I'm just kind of irritable after the lone trip up here, y'know? Uh... The name's... Romero... by the way." his voice getting softer as the last sentence seeped slowly out of his mouth. He quickly looked down at the ground, and closed his eyes, expecting to get yelled at.

18. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

"A train?" Dawn asked somewhat forgetting his nervousness to his confusion. He'd never been on the train, only ever heard about it from the snipets of conversations he overheard from other ponies. He wondered what the possibilities could come from it.

"The name's Dawn" he said to the brown coloured pony putting out his hoof.

19. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

"My name's Dawn."

"Huh?" Romero looked around, confused. He heard a stallions voice, but didn't where it came from. He eventually saw the yellow pegasus offering his hoof.

"Dawn?" Romero said slowly with a puzzled look on his face. The pony's name feeling funny as the word rolled off his lips. The pony's apperance striked Romero as kind of odd, even for Equestrian standards. A short snout, long eyelashes, and what's going on with that hair? "But, Dawn is a girl's name..." Romero stated plainly. Again, he was not thinking before speaking. Putting his hoof in his mouth was becoming a bad trend for him here in Equestria. "Dawn is also a name of a dishwashing soap,..." Romero blindfully continued, "and I don't see no soap subs for your cutie mark!"

20. Eiro

"the name doesn't define the pony" Eiro chirped in trying to stop the conversation getting awkward "my names Eiro though if you look close my cutie mark are two white lightning bolts though i don't have lightning following me everywhere" she said laughing then noticing the brown pony seeming to examine Dawn's appearance "besides some pony's like to have their own look to make them unique"