1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Switch!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Cuttleshock, 3 March 2017.

1. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

In the middle of the console drought, where multiple sites were claiming stock to return in May, June or even as late as August, I found and got a console from a retailer the other day.

I've considered the console for a long time now, and many discussions with friends have gotten me to put off buying the thing as much as possible. Well, stock played a key role, and seeing what was the only one on a restocking trolley with other things (like the Xbox One S), more or less made me think that if I was to get one for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, then that might be the better time.

I have to say that I'm more or less waiting until Friday (Mario Kart) before I get a proper game onto the thing, and that could be seen as a mistake (if it were not for the dismal stock numbers everywhere). I've bought Fast RMX, which is interesting to say the least and I've downloaded the demo for PuyoPuyo Tetris (since that will also release next week). I've not unboxed the dock yet (I kind of don't want to for a mix of reasons, plus I might do so at a later time for other reasons), and I've not gotten any extras.

I like the console in terms of how it is as a product. I'm not happy about the plastic screen (why not glass like on smartphones/tablets?), but the package certainly is suitable for what I've seen. Games wise, it's meagre. The only things that are out for the thing are games I can buy on PC (or in one case, I already have on PC), JRPGs, Zelda and Konami's Bomberman. None of them really speak to me on any level, which is why I skipped the thing on launch. The Joy-Cons are weird. I've decided to play it safe with them and not use the straps (unless something prompts me to do otherwise), and I've followed some advice to stop the release of the things from sheering off (or wearing down) out of paranoia that the thing isn't built the best.

Hardware fears aside, I'm looking forward to the games coming out this year, although that'd be Mario Kart, Splatoon and the Super Mario game. As mentioned before, I'm skipping games on the Switch which are not exclusive since I use the PC as my main platform, and so many games are on PC right now, and I might as well use the more powerful machine. I'm hoping that more games which we're wanting, like another Smash, Pikmin and so on do come out in the years to come. I skipped on the Wii U, mostly as I had sort of moved onto other platforms at the time, but the 3DS showed me that there were still good games coming out of Nintendo, and I think it's time to get back into the Nintendo main line consoles since recent IPs have really improved the lineup they have.

Also, while we're at it, my friend code is SW-7425-8286-8404. As more online multiplayer games do get released, I'm sure this code will be as important, though I do find that friend codes are something Nintendo should have dumped a long time ago.

2. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Got one!

Code SW-4845-5668-5677

vcgriffin likes this.
  3. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock wants a dragon boyfriend

Monster Hunter XX! Really happy for Nintendo and for the Switch - that game is very much a system seller for some proportion of people, especially in Japan.

Very excited for E3. I'll have absolutely nothing to do at that time, so I'm confident I can catch the whole deal live.

4. Cuttleshock

Hey hey! I got a Switch! I'll maybe put up my FC later. Just got Zelda right now; ARMS is an option but really all we want for now is Splatoon 2.

5. GhostlyJunkbot

GhostlyJunkbot Gibbering Incoherent Rubbish

Just in case y'all have been wondering what I've been up to in my gaming life, I can gladly tell you that one of these things was getting myself a Switch. Heck, I even stood outside of my (kinda) local GAME store on release night just to get my hands on one as soon as I could!

When I first got mine, I got it with Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition) and Super Bomberman R. Since then, my collection has expanded a bit. So I'll let everypony here in on what I've invested in over the last 6 months. (Wow, has it really been that long already?)

Game cards:
    1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    2. Super Bomberman R
    3. 1-2 Switch
    4. Puyo Puyo Tetris
    5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    6. ULTRA Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
    7. Splatoon 2
    8. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
    Download titles:
    • Blaster Master Zero
    • Fast RMX
    • ACA Neo Geo: Waku Waku 7
    • ACA Neo Geo: Metal Slug 3
    • Sonic Mania
    Demos:
    • Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
    • Project Octopath Traveler
    And if you haven't tried the Project Octopath Traveler demo yet, I would highly recommend you give it a try. I can tell you right now that I'm seriously looking forward to its (eventual) release in 2018!

Right now, as far as my Switch is concerned, I'm just waiting on Super Mario Odyssey. (Which, of course, isn't due out until way into next month.) I'm also itching to get a pre-order in for Octopath, but I guess I'll have to wait until the opportunity to do so presents itself.

Cuttleshock and Thorn like this.
  6. vcgriffin

vcgriffin the (Quie Deaf) mustached Subgenius pony

So after wanting one form before Launch I caved and bought one, and its a s great are i thought it was going to be, Currently I have SPLATTON (which a misspent youth playing N64 Goldeneye paintball mode has more than trained me for) Mario Kart (Because DUH!) and Night in the woods (which is a good as everyone syas it is).
    Anyhoof code is SW-5416-5805-6014

7. TheDashingJack

TheDashingJack "An excellent UKoE user."

I've been trying to decide what game to get for my Switch at the end of this month when I get paid from my job. I'm stuck between BOTW for the longevity and the experience, MK8D for the multiplayer and on-the-go appeal and Bayonetta 1/2 since I have been wanting to try both of those games for a long time.

Can anyone give me any pointers? Cheers.

8. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I'd say only get Mario Kart 8 if you like playing it online regularly. It's fun to play single player, but there's not really much compared to a lot of other Switch games. I'd say Bayonetta 1/2 is a good bet as you're technically getting two games.

9. Phill

Phill Honorary Pony

On the Switch would I still be able to sign in using my Wii U account, and if I can will all the digital games I downloaded on the Wii U appear on the Switch? Or would I have to buy those games all over again if I wanted them on the Switch? I'm running out of storage space for consoles

10. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Your downloaded games won't appear on the Switch.

11. Phill

Phill Honorary Pony

That's a shame

12. TheDashingJack

TheDashingJack "An excellent UKoE user."

I decided to get Breath Of The Wild today after carefully considering between that and MK8D. So far been having quite a bit of fun with it, but I hope it lasts.

Also, uh, need a quick tip here; any idea where I meet the old man after I complete all the 4 shrines at the Plateau?

13. Cuttleshock

Temple of Time. The big ruined church.

TheDashingJack likes this.
  14. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

I recently got a Switch with my leftover spending money from my holiday last month, and I love it. It may be one of my favourite consoles of all time. I currently have the following games:
    Mario Kart 8 deluxe
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Breath of Wild
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Bayonetta
    Bayonetta 2
    Sonic Mania
    Wonderboy the Dragons Trap (a very underrated game)
    VS Super Mario Bros

vcgriffin likes this.
  15. Cuttleshock

Never guessed they'd be so generous with MMLC and give us all 10 classic games in a single package! So it works just like Bayonetta. Bear in mind this trailer totes a 22/05 release date, but it's all very USA as things stand; I hope they bring a retail release to the UK, but regardless, I'll be sure to grab at least the digital version of MMLC2.

Thorn likes this.
  16. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

That's pretty neat and all, but I already have both Legacy Collections on Steam. Why would I want-

PHYSICAL CARD

Sold!

17. Cuttleshock

I got MMLC1 recently on 3DS, myself - it was a mere £5.50 in the New Year's sale! But it's precisely because that was so cheap that I'll be able to warrant double-dipping for the big screen experience. Or even if not, I'll at least get MMLC2 - I love MM7-10 hugely despite only having played 1-7.

18. vcgriffin

vcgriffin the (Quie Deaf) mustached Subgenius pony

I am spening way too mush time on Spaltoon.

Night in the woods was a great Game (well Its more like a novel) but great work our native interactive storytelling

No on to Sonic Mania (Yep I own Sonic but not Mario or Zelda, on a NINTENDO! my 10yr nintendo magazine reading self would be confused)

19. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Speaking of Spaltoon, I'm looking forward to the Octo expansion.
    Also I'm sure you all heard about this by now.
    [​IMG]

20. Cuttleshock

The ending to that Direct was legendary. I still haven't fully accepted that it even happened.