1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Switch!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Cuttleshock, 3 March 2017.

1. TheDashingJack

TheDashingJack "An excellent UKoE user."

Still not over that direct. Probably the best we've had in years; so many fantastic first party and third party announcements. Looks like the switch is locked and loaded for 2018 just as much as it was for 2017!

2. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Really not a fan of directs, I would rather they just publish them in a list format so I can read it quickly, no way am I sitting down for however long to watch one.

3. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I'd been debating whether to get a PS4 or a Switch for a while, but after this direct I'm definitely opting for a Switch. The main swinger is that Crash Bandicoot is getting a release on the system, which I didn't expect. I'm also happy to see that Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is getting a port, along with the Smash announcement.

4. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

Crash was one of the highlights for me, yep. I've never played the games before but got a really good impression based on the reception the remakes received. I look forward to getting it for the Switch.

5. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I've played Crash on the PS4 and it is such an amazing remake. There are a few things that were better in the original PS1 trilogy (like parts of the soundtrack and the hit detection), but you Nintendo fans have got a brilliant remake coming!

6. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

If you didn't get it on PS4, definitely get the N. Sane Trilogy on Switch. I can see it doesn't look quite as pretty, but if you don't care about that sort of thing (and let's be honest, you really shouldn't) then you're in for a great time. I already own it on PS4 so there's no need for me to get it....

.... now, a third version of Undertale for me to buy, well...

7. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

Just got my hands on Puyo Puyo Tetris for only £19.99 in Argos. I look forward to trying this one.

8. GhostlyJunkbot

GhostlyJunkbot Gibbering Incoherent Rubbish

Good grab there!

I also got my copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris from Argos, only I got it shortly after it was released, and I had to pay £10 more for it back then.

Out of curiosity, are you intending to explore all of the game types? Because that's pretty much the way to go if you plan on playing all the way through Adventure mode. I know there are a fair few peeps who stick to only one game style (Puyo or Tetris), but truth be told, they're missing out on the bulk of Adventure mode (assuming they play it at all), and there's actually a good amount of fun dialogue in that. As for myself, while I'm generally better at Tetris than Puyo Puyo, I have played both styles and their various formats, as well as the hybrid styles (those being Swap and Fusion), but then in saying that, I did also manage to slug my way through Adventure mode in its entirety. (For the record, it is possible to unlock all of the extra characters by cheating, but playing through Adventure mode allows you to unlock them legitimately.)

In any case, I hope you have fun with that one!

9. vcgriffin

vcgriffin the (Quie Deaf) mustached Subgenius pony

I need some game recommendations because I cant just play Splatoon all the time,
    But i've never really been into mario or zelda, and i'm holding off dumping £50 on them.
    Though I played WoW endlessly so maybe I should get Zelda?
    Though I would settle for someone to play Worms or MArio Kart with.

10. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

There are definitely parallels between WoW and Zelda, and overall it feels very little like previous Zelda entries, if that helps.

Mario + Rabbids seems to be really solid if you're into strategy, and even if you aren't.

Check out the eShop for good deals. If you like racing games, I suggest FAST RMX. There's also stuff like Celeste, Golf Story, Stardew Valley and loads more.

Consider some ports like Rayman Legends, Skyrim and Payday 2, if you don't already own them and/or you think you'd enjoy playing them handheld.

vcgriffin likes this.
  11. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Fire Emblem warriors (or hyrule warriors when the switch version is out) and xenoblade 2 might be worth looking it both are hack and slash like wow xeno is RPG but it has a hack slash combat system.

12. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

If you like Lego games and GTA, then Lego City Undercover is definitely worth getting!

13. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I've finally caved in and got myself a Switch of my own. I decided to go for a Super Mario Odyssey bundle from Game with the neon joycons. I also got a screen protector after hearing about some docks scratching the console screen. I was a little irked to see I'd not managed to stick the protector perfectly as a little overlap over the bottom has caused some bubbles, but it should work fine.

I've also realised that the television in my bedroom is old and has no HDMI input, so I've ended up having to connect it to my living room telly. At least I can use it in portable mode when my parents don't want me hogging the television. :p

vcgriffin likes this.