1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Thank you ...

Discussion in 'Official News' started by Max Apogee, 13 October 2019.

1. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Five gold and a party!!

[​IMG]

Almost exactly 9 years to the day from when it first aired, the final episode of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic aired. I don't think anybody expected the show to become the phenomenon that it did, relatively few shows gain the kind of popularity that FiM did, fewer still manage to survive for 9 years.

I don't think anyone here on this site can say that their lives haven't been changed in one way or another by this show and by being a part of this community, some more than others. Speaking personally, while I can't say that the show has had a huge impact on my life, I've certainly made some very dear friendships though the show.

During it's time, the show definitely had it's ups and downs, it's fair share of controversies - it seems so surreal to me that a kids cartoon of all things would garner that kind of response - but for the most part it came out okay in the end and managed to survive.

But now, we reach the end of an era, the end of the show that brought us all together. I've seen far too many good shows cancelled before their time, and just as many go on for far too long and become stale, and I think that FiM ended at just the right time, on their own terms. The final episodes were really good and an excellent way to send the show off.

Some might disagree and argue that the show should continue for years to come, while others might feel that the show should have ended year ago, but that's all part of being a fan and thats why this site is here, to give us all a place to discuss something that we all love.

I look back over the last 9 years of the show and being a part of this site, and I've had some very special moments. The first Party in the Park, coming over the hill on Hampstead Heath seeing close to 100 of you all there by the tree. The first O2 film meet and everything that spawned from that. And even some of the smaller meets, getting to know some of you on a more personal level.

So what is the ultimate point of all this rambling?

I wanted, on behalf of everyone involved in making and running this site, to say from the bottom of my heart thank you. Thank you to everyone who had a hand in creating a show that will stay with me forever. Thank you for creating a show that has brought so many people from vastly different backgrounds who, under other circumstances, would never have met and become friends. Thank you for the last 9 years.

But just as importantly as the folks involved in making the show, thank you to everyone on this site. Without you all I'd just be here taking to myself.

While the show may have now ended, and while our numbers here may have dwindled over the years, this site will be here for a long time to come, to allow us all to continue to discuss the show that means a great deal to all of us.

Thank you :)

2. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Can only echo all that. Well said <3

Wonderbolt, Oilyvalves and Max Apogee like this.