1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Thanks

Discussion in 'Archived BUCK Discussion' started by Cloudane, 13 April 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Just wanted to shout out a massive THANK YOU to all the organisers past and present who dreamt up BUCK and made it happen. The "Twilight" types, the organisers and doers and list makers, are actually quite rare in a community like ours, and that makes them all the more special - without you, we'd still be umming and ahhing and looking at each other (or our own feet) wondering when someone is going to start something :)

I can honestly say that so far in my life, which is now in its 34th year, the 3 BUCK conventions I've been to.. I can't think of any better weekends. And I've had some really awesome weekends with other things (IRL friends would potentially be offended! They too have brought me some very fond memories). It's just that there's nothing else in the scale of BUCK when it comes to the sheer number of sights, experiences and constant onslaughts of laughter, generosity, kindness, loyalty, honesty and that magic spark of friendship.

It can maybe seem a little entitled of BUCK fans to be making such a noise over it ending and wanting more, but I think that's just a testament to how much we all love it and how dear it is to us.

The people at BUCK Events, whether there now or previously, really should feel incredibly proud of yourselves as you've given us memories that will last a lifetime and may also affect us personally for just as long. You can't give anyone much more special than that.
    Same also to the Pinkie Pie Pals, who have helped to make sure as many people as possible can open up and experience those same joys.

You rock! Stay awesome and be proud of every minute of what you've achieved.

Mavromichali, ScopeEva, Olu and 10 others like this.
  2. nethesem

nethesem Existentialist

Thank you, you are very welcome :)

I've mentioned this on Facebook but we do have various ideas and possible directions, but we're not going to say anything until we've sat down and talked about them.
    We're definitely done with the Big Pony Convention, but that doesn't mean we're done with pony all together.

ScopeEva, Olu, crystella3333 and 4 others like this.
  3. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Well, even if you never did anything else again you've left behind a legacy that's going to be tough to follow, and you've made a lot of people happy (including me)

Saying 'thanks' seems pitifully inadequate, but I'll say it anyway:

THANK YOU!

ScopeEva, Olu, crystella3333 and 4 others like this.
  4. pinkkittywinks

pinkkittywinks Princess Kittywinks

I want to say thank you as well <3

I have attended BUCK in the past and this year was my first time as a vendor. The whole experience was fantastic and the staff were ever so nice checking that we were OK throughout the weekend.

I honestly wish I had, had the courage to be vendor sooner :oops:

Also thank you to @Sparkler for sharing a stall with me :)

Love pkw xxx

5. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Thanks guys! I must say the con in 2014 was one of my fondest memories, and I was rather sad that I ended up missing this years con, particularly when I heard it was to be the last. I do hope you guys put together some future pony events though, even if they aren't quite on the same scale as BUCK. I found BronyScot to be a lot of fun despite it being a much smaller convention. Smaller events can still be just as much fun.

6. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Sappy bit out of the way first: as Dr Seuss said, don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.

And you guys who made BUCK happen made so very, very many people smile. Me among them. I went to two BUCKs and wish I could have been to the other two, and I will never, ever forget the experience. However far down the road, however different my interest may be by then, BUCK is a part of my life, and a really remarkable one. However many times I said thank you wouldn't be remotely enough. Nevertheless: thank you!

And, as @Cloudane mentioned, the Pinkie Pie Pals deserve a special mention. What a legacy it would be if other events took inspiration from that brilliant aspect of BUCK. I've never seen the "helping shy/new people" concept done quite as well as that.
    If ever there was a "watch this space" where the space was guaranteed to be watched, then that is it. The very best in whatever you guys do, whether pony or not. You deserve it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.