1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other The colosseum's Battle of the Beasts

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Antadurunnu, 6 August 2012.

1. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

Realizing the mistake she had made Eiro made her way back to the camp, she hadn't made much ground before she heard a slight and unusual noise which caught her curiosity causing her to pick up the passe to find the source arriving back at the tents "hey guys whats that noi..." she stopped speaking and came skidding to a halt then dropping on hear rear end as soon as her eyes caught sight of the suit that Cogs was using "wow, now that's pretty darn cool" she said looking at the suit it certainly looked like it packed a punch, after she managed to take her eyes of the suit she saw Safeguard seeming to be trying to shield himself from something "um, whats up with you Safeguard? you look like your waiting for something bad to happen" she said with her head tilted in confusion, she felt she was missing some point he was trying to make.

#241 Eiro, 22 November 2012
    Last edited: 22 November 2012
  2. Antadurunnu

Antadurunnu Is covered in green stuff and plastic shavings.

Safeguard watched as Curve also went for cover, head tilted to see Eiro. ''Cog's is an engineer, her crystal forging always has a habit of blowing up, short circuiting or TRYING TO SHOOT LAZERS AT ME..'' he still hadn't forgiven her about that incident. ''Her battle saddle is one thing but this is a completely different matter and should it go wrong I would be the one having to take her to the infirmary..'' As his name stated the unicorn didn't like seeing other ponies hurt. At lest in the arena injuries ponies were quickly teleported out of the ring.

3. avarage

avarage Pony

The M.A.R.E lowered a pair of tiny shutters over the Crystal eyes, giving it a rather annoyed yet amusing look. ''Safeguard, I started work on this suit almost as soon as I set up in Ponyville. That was -MONTHS- ago, I've had enough time to test it...so far, so good.'' Cog's metallic voice said with hints of frustration as she monstrous machine moved forward with a slow, ponderous gait. ''The only thing I haven't finished is the armor plating...as you can see Titanium is a very rare metal -and- refining it is a nightmare. That is why half of it is armored and the other half is well....'' The metal pony head nodded towards the flank, everything from the body to the hind legs was bronze plated, or at least that color. ''You see what I mean...and I'm sorry about the LASERS! It is also not a habit!'' With a heavy stomp, Cog's snorted out what looked like steam from some odd vents on her back. ''At least the internal cooling is working...''

4. Antadurunnu

Safeguard got up from his cover and snorted. ''It doesn't look fast at all, what if the next creature is some sort of lighting fast air elemental?'' unlikely since the event was plant based this year. Slowly the unicorn started to smirk as he glanced at Curveball ''How's about we test her defenses?'' he started to snicker then trot back over to Cog's tent to bring out the glue bombs. Standing up on his hind legs he held a blue bomb in his front hooves, twisted it and chucked it towards his friend. ''Think fast Iron Mare!''

5. Eiro

"well i pretty sure with some cover, she wont need to be fast" Eiro said before turning her head to see Safeguard trotting back to cogs tent she wasn't paying much attention so she missed his comment just before, when he came back out holding one of the bombs, Eiro began to quickly backpedal knowing what was gonna happen and she didn't want to be covered in whatever would be released when the bomb detonates, "i thought you where concerned about malfunctions" she said once she felt she reached a safe distance then looking over to Safeguard, confused at his sudden change in attitude towards Cogs suit.

#245 Eiro, 25 November 2012
    Last edited: 25 November 2012
  6. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

‘Heh, he’s right. That thing looks pretty fierce, but it sure ain’t fast. That doesn’t matter too much if she’s blastin’ everything away though.’ Heartstoker had been analysing the MARE as Safeguard spoke, looking for the likely places it could be concealing hidden features. She was no whizz with technology, but she had a good idea of what a machine built for battle like this would require and how it’d be designed for efficiency.
    ~~~
    Curveball poked his head up from beneath the cover he had taken, once he had realised he wasn’t about to be zapped with lasers.
    “I-it’s.. uh.. actually kinda cool!” Curveball was impressed, now he could see the entirety of the machine, but still wary. This made him all the more surprised when Safeguard suddenly grinned and said ''How's about we test her defenses?''
    “T-test her def-” Before he could finish the sentence, a few bombs were placed into Curveball’s hooves by Safeguard, who then proceeded to throw one of them straight towards Cogs.
    “Woah.. uhh.. is that okay?” He looked down at the bombs he was now holding, and then his gaze drifted up to land on the MARE once more. “Uhmm.. here goes then!” With that, he reared back onto his hind legs, assumed his pitching position, and sent one of the glue bombs hurtling towards the MARE with a subtle curving arc, as his name suggested.

7. avarage

avarage Pony

Cogs could only watch in horror as the pair of glue bombs hurtled towards the MARE, the reality of her situation becoming her worst nightmare. ''I can't dodge them, the glue is -super- sticky and I'm not even armed yet!'' Thought Cogs with a rather rapid set of head movements, which the MARE mirrored in kind as the bombs clanked on her head and side in kind.....

BOOM....SPLOSHH....

The resulting explosion of green and very sticky glue quite a sight, with only the head of the MARE poking out of a pile of gooey glue. Cogs tried in vain to move the mechanical limbs, only to be stuck down fast by her own invention. ''Well...I'm going to be stuck here for about....thirty minutes till the glue becomes brittle. You got me when I was unarmed, unaware...but you made one flaw!'' Cogs said with a triumphant voice as the MARE's eyes glowed briefly. ''Deploy crystal cutter!''
    With those words, a panel in the MARE's flipped open and a very similar crystalline blade would flick up and lock into place. It looks somewhat like a Unicorn's horn, but it seems to shimmer and make a faint humming sound.

''Now, I would normally cut myself out...but...I can't move my head, and the cooling vents are full of glue...''

8. Antadurunnu

The unicorn cringed inwardly as Eiro seemed to shot down his plans before they had even started. The idea was to disable the MARE so that Cog's would be forced to work on it, hopefully without enough time before the next fight. He dropped back onto his hooves and sighed, perhaps he was being a tad over protective like he was whenever he was with his sister in Canterlot.
    Blinking repeatedly he couldn't help but burst out laughing at seeing Cog's stuck in the glue. ''Those bombs are brilliant.'' he tilted his head to see that yes the vents were blocked. Safeguard's attempt at preventing Cog's from hurting herself may have now turned into him baking her in metal suit in the sun. Wandering back into the tent and over into his own tent he grabbed his dagger ''Hold still..'' he sighed as he approached Cog's and that humming thing on her head. With the dagger in his mouth he stabbed at the glue slightly deeper then he had expected it to go through.

With a wet squishing sound Safeguard's pupils dilated as he realised that the side of his face was now stuck to the MARE with the daggers hilt still between his teeth.

9. avarage

avarage Pony

''You goof....'' Cogs said with a small chuckle and a long sigh, this had gone from bad to just plain silly. The MARE seemed to stutter for a moment, the whirring sound slowly ramping down into a quiet whisper of its former sound. ''Right, that's it...'' Cogs said as her voice trailed off into nothing as the sound of scraping metal soon followed, and Cog's more natural voice shouted out. ''At least the undercarriage isn't glued up, I could dig my way out....or just enjoy the sha-''

Squish...squish....

''Oh...you have to be BUCKING kidding me! I'm stuck too! Guise! Guise!? Haaalp!''

10. Eiro

Eiro couldn't help but smirk at the situation before her, it took all her self control to not burst out laughing at the sight, Eiro looked over to Curveball then back to the pair of stuck ponies "well this is turning into the most interesting morning ive ever had" she said with a slight chuckle, she then hovered next to the two stuck ponies "hold still a sec" sticking her hindhoves on a clean patch of the suit as not to get stuck she grabbed Safeguards head and began to try and peel him from the suit, but after a few tugs one of her hind hooves slipped causeing her to fall flat on her back in a pile of the glue, her wings where also sprawled wide and stuck firmly to the floor "nghhh..." Eiro grunted as she tried to pull herself free from the sticky substance "of course" she said with a frown, as she lay on her back stuck to the ground.

#250 Eiro, 26 November 2012
    Last edited: 27 November 2012
  11. Antadurunnu

Safeguard let out a muffled scream as Eiro tried to pry his face off the glue, pulling his fur in the process. Attempting to rear up onto his back legs only got him even more stuck and now his front legs were in the glue as well. When the pegasus landed back first into the glue he snorted in laughter then cringed as glue went up his nose. Panicking more he attempted to thrash about, in this he lost his footing on the sand and got his rump stuck as well. Sighing he gave up.

12. Rizae

Rizae Rainbow Swag

“Wow! Did you see that! It’s all.. sticky!” Curveball was extremely amused by the glue bombs, distracting him briefly from the predicament that three other ponies had now gotten themselves into. Their complaints soon gained his attention, however, and he walked up to investigate just how badly they had become stuck.
    Assessing the damage, Curveball realised that none of the three would be able to move, all being restrained by the glue which held them extremely tight in place.
    “I.. is it really that bad?” Curveball asked, touching the glue lightly with his free front hoof, the other still holding the spare bombs. The effect was immediate and extremely predictable. Curveball had also gotten stuck.
    “Eww! O-okay, this isn’t f-funny now! How do we get out?”
    ~~~
    “Heh, wow Cogs, you really outdid yourself with these things” Heartstoker had been watching these events unfold, and now had a good enough idea of how effective the bombs would be during combat. Her attention now turned to getting everypony unstuck. She started towards Curveball, stopping beside him to look at his hoof. He was the least stuck of the ponies, having only his hoof stuck to the side of the MARE.
    “Heh, come on Curves, you should know better.” Heartstoker took hold of his arm, and gave it a mighty pull. At first he stretched slightly, before wincing in pain.
    “Ouch, Heartstoker that hurts!”
    “You’ll be out of here in… ngggh... no time!” She gave another big pull, leaning back to try and apply as much force as possible.
    “Ouch!” Curveball dropped the extra glue bombs in surprise, and they detonated upon contact with the floor.
    “NO CURVEBALL!”
    “I.. I don’t.. how?”
    Heartstoker and Curveball now both had their legs stuck to the ground, thanks to the extra glue that had exploded from the bombs Curveball dropped.
    “Well… this could be worse.. heh..”

13. Eiro

"we must look ridicules" Eiro laughed she was trying to move as little as possible to keep her legs off the ground so they didn't get stuck aswell, Safeguards getting himself more stuck only made her laugh even more, soon after though her attention was drawn to Curveball and Heartstroker then to the falling bombs "oh no..." she cringed not being able to flee the impending dilemma she used her free front hooves to cover her face from the the glue as it plastered the rest of her when the bomb went off, "ugh... this is gonna be murder to get out off my coat and feathers" she said lowering her hooves from her face by this stage they really did need help, "and i think ive got some of it in my ears" she said flicking her ears about uncomfortably.

#253 Eiro, 27 November 2012
    Last edited: 29 November 2012
  14. Antadurunnu

''mmfmfmffhmfmhmfmhfmhmfhmfmhmfmhfm!!'' he sighed again as the other bombs went off. Now everypony was glued to the spot and exposed to the desert sun, thankfully they had a few hours before it reached it peak. However they now had no means of actually escaping. Being at the back of Cog's tent hardly anypony would be wandering over this side of the camp on their own accord.

15. avarage

avarage Pony

''Please don't tell me...everyone else is stuck in the glue? WHELP, We have about thirty minutes till the glue turns solid and brittle, then we can bust on out...and yeah..I'm lucky to be in the shade...'' Cogs spoke, half serious and half joking at the current situation. Everyone was stuck, and Cog's couldn't see a damn thing underneath the MARE. ''This stuff is industrial grade, of the highest equestrian maritime standards....its also fully biodegradable, flame resistant and weak agai-'' Cogs stopped mid sentence, chuckling ever so madly. ''Oh..this is going to be brilliant!!''

Soon enough, the MARE started to whir into life once more, cogs grunting and groaning in the darkness. ''I can still reach the controls, okay....rapid temperature change is the only way to make it brittle fast.... engaging emergency cooling!''

16. Eiro

"well either way im gonna need help getting up" Eiro said looking at how routed her wings and feathers where "i dont want all my feathers to be pulled out trying to stand up while they are still held down" even when the glue became brittle its still strong enough to pull out her feathers and that wasn't an idea she liked at all.

17. Antadurunnu

Hearing the MARE once again make a noise he flicked his ears, one of which squished into the glue. ''mfhmfmhmfmmhf!!'' he tried to panic but he was just too stuck. Safeguard didn't like the idea of rapid temperature change with a metal dagger in between his teeth. All he could do at this point in time was mumble and fidget on the spot.

18. avarage

avarage Pony

Soon enough, something odd began to happen to the glue just above the MARE. Two bubbles slowly started to form out of the glue, just above where the vents should be. ''Alright! We have heat! If I give it a little more, it should work just fine!'' Cogs said with a confident voice, despite not seeing the unfortunate side effect of 'blowing off some steam.' ''Hey...whats that sound? Sounds like someone blowing up a balloon?''

19. Eiro

Eiro moved her head to face the MARE, hoping that Cogs plan would prove successful although it wasn't long before she could see mounds building from the vents it was like the glue was acting like bubblegum, Eiro's eyes went wide as the consequence of those bubbles bursting while full of hot steam and moisture became apparent in her mind "uh oh this might just burn" she squeaked, once again using her free but glue covered for-legs as shields, she hoped that the current glue on her legs would act as a second skin protecting her from the hot glue and water droplets that where about to be scattered.

#259 Eiro, 8 December 2012
    Last edited: 9 December 2012
  20. Antadurunnu

Glancing over to Eiro he furrowed his brow in confusion then looked up to the vents on the MARE. The parts of his face able to move scrunched up into an expression of horror. Looking around frantically he spotted the tarp that was covering the machine previously. At first his magic weakly sparked but the motivation to not get covered in hot glue spurred him on. With a bright red flare his horn lit up as his magic surrounded the tarp. Lifting it up he draped it over himself, Eiro, Curve and Heartstoker just in time before the glue bubble burst.