1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other The colosseum's Battle of the Beasts

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Antadurunnu, 6 August 2012.

1. avarage

avarage Pony

''Almost..almost....ENGAGE EMERGENCY COOLANT!'' Cogs yelled out as the MARE seemed to snort, the large glue bubbles suddenly stopping and instead collapsing in on themselves...and then shatter over the tarp in sharp but brittle shards of hardened glue. A plume of mist seemed to rise from the now unblocked vents, soon evaporating within a matter of seconds. Sadly for Cogs, she was still stuck in the glue. ''Well, at least the MARE won't overheat when I turn the Air conditioni- Oh...uh, you guys okay? I mean...from the sound of it...my little plan may have caused thermal expansion within the vents, and the sudden cooling may have made the glue....rapidly condense and then explode...'' Said Cogs in her more explanatory voice, sounding rather tense.

''Anyway, lets see if the sound system works..and get ourselves some help. Right, lets see..this should work....'' Cogs said, the faint sounds of tapping hooves followed as the MARE made a noise.....

'''BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUuuuuuuughhhhhuh.....''

2. Antadurunnu

Antadurunnu Is covered in green stuff and plastic shavings.

The stallion sighed with relief as the tarp covered every pony just in time before the brittle shards bounced off. ''Mfhmfmhmfhmf'' he replied, grumbling as he still had the hilt in his mouth and it was starting to dry up. Safeguard flinched as the MARE bellowed loudly, being so close to it the sound was deafening.At lest they were out of the sun and in the shade.

Thankfully someone heard the strange noise, a pegasus flew over and landed on the roof of Cog's tent. Safe couldn't see them but he could vaguely hear ''What is that thing? Is any pony here?''

3. avarage

avarage Pony

''Finally! Someone who can help us! Yes, there are five us stuck in some glu-'' Cogs said in her metallic voice, the MARE's head slowly turning to face the roof of the tent, Ruby eyes glimmering. ''Uh, I see you...look, just get a chisel or something and get us out of here!''
    Unfortunately, several other ponies started wandering about, an earth pony, a rather..familiar unicorn and yet another Pegasus. The small group seemed taken aback by the mass of glue, stuck ponies and the shard covered tarp. ''What in oblivion is that!'' Said the nearby Earth pony, deep orange in color with an iron fist on his flame. ''That looks like an arcane construct with several ponies stuck together with freeze-dried glue and one of them is -very- interesting from the sounds of it.'' Spoke the Unicron, light cream in color with a purple, sparkling crystal as her mark. ''Sweet Celestia, CALL THE BEAST MASTER! ONE OF THE CREATURES HAS ESCAP-'' Yelled out the Pegasus, an ugly lime green in color with a tri-bladed thing on his flank. He was then promptly smacked in the head by the orange one. ''Shut up Glaive Toss, you've had too much cider again...that thing isn't even living...its a machine..''

''Enough chatting! More helping!''

4. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

after Safeguard had covered them all with the tarp, all Eiro could see where shards stabbing through slightly, shortly after she heard noises but couldn't quite see because of where the tarp lay it still covered her "guy's, a little bit of help" she said squirming under the tarp trying to pull it off her so she could see what was going on but the task proved fruitless due to her lack of mobility so instead she just lay still listening to the conversations although nopony else where helping them which quickly began to irritate her, "DO YOU ALL MIND STOP YAPPING AND HELP US" she yelled from beneath the tarp, hoping to motivate them.

#264 Eiro, 19 December 2012
    Last edited: 19 December 2012
  5. Antadurunnu

Throwing the tarp off everypony he looked around at the small crowd that that gathered. On top of the tent there was a brown pegasus stallion with dark blue hair. On the ground a deep orange earth pony, another pegasus with lime green fur and..''MFMFHF!'' dispite not being able to talk it was obvious that Safeguard was not impressed to see Arcane Flux. Sadly there was little he could do in this situation and instead just frowned at the ponies gawking at them.

6. avarage

avarage Pony

The cream unicorn stepped forward, chuckling lightly at the goop covered Safeguard. ''I see you made friends, shall I get them out for you?'' Arcane spoke, her horn glowing a translucent purple color with several glowing runes appearing. ''Dry, freeze...shatter!'' The cream colored mare yelled out, the semi-hardened goop briefly turning rock hard and then simply crumbling into faint, green dust. Arcane Flux herself seemed slightly shaky on her hooves, wincing somewhat. ''Ugh, I already wore myself getting here for the battles...I must rest...Steel Fist, Glaive Toss...with me....and..help me back.'' Arcane said with a weary voice, her two 'flunkies' following on with a ''Yes Miss Flux!'' They both said as the followed the weakened Unicorn to wherever she was going.
    ''Great, I know those two guys: Both of them are Mercenaries...goons for hire, and I think I know who they are with.'' Cogs said with a frown, the goo around her right leg now simply dust and flaky grime. ''Looks like we might have some competition all, better go back inside...and most likely rest...planning can come tomorrow.'' With a few groaning sounds and some light mumbles, the MARE started to move freely once more.''Come on Safeguard, get your flank in gear...''

7. Eiro

"mercenaries? she must really wanna win" Eiro said getting back to her hooves brushing the dust and grime of herself, then averting her gaze to the who Cogs was referring to, "this should be fun" she said with a confidently, as she watched them leave and the leader of the group seeming to be tiered from traveling "so whats her story?" Eiro asked looking to Cogs and Safeguard hoping to learn something about Arcane.

8. avarage

avarage Pony

''Arcane Flux, a friend and..business partner of mine. There is a lot of rumor around her magic and her lifestyle, most of it I can confirm is true. Needless to say, this is -very- out of character for her to take on hired goons.'' Cogs said, shaking off the goo dust and almost immediately checking up on the MARE, lots of grumbling soon following. ''First of all, she isn't with her usual...partner, second..she is already an arena victor...third...she is being all miss bossy boots.'' The blue mare spoke with a sense of unease in her voice, her metal hoof poking up into the inner workings of the MARE. ''Bah, coolant lines are shot...goo filled some of the power lines.....oh, right. As for the other two, mercenaries and Arena regulars....they get through the pre-lims but rarely make the final bouts.''
    Cogs poked her head out from the underbelly of the MARE, her face coated in purple liquid. ''And the auxiliary fuel line is shot, good thing its mostly sugar product! Omom-bleeeh. Well, bad news is....she won't be ready for tomorrow...good news is she will be ready for the final fight...uh, -maybe-.''

9. Antadurunnu

Safeguard coughed as the glue turned to dust and he inhaled part of it. After his coughing fit he sprung up onto his hooves and snarled as best a pony could. After a snort moment of venting out a few colorful insults he calmed down and hung his head to take a breather. Looking back up to the group he frowned ''That sad excuse for a unicorn we share a love hate relationship so to speak. She's the only one I know who can enchant my weapons and armor the way she does. She's also partnered to the nasty piece of work that did this to me.'' he points up to his fractured horn. ''If she's here then so is he...'' his voice took on a venomous tone. In another vent of frustration he reared up and stomped his front hooves down into the sand. Only then did he take notice of what Cog's was saying ''Why does she have those two short sparks here...'' he mused out loud. ''I'm going to go train..'' he said then wandered off, so much for a day of rest.

10. Eiro

"Rumors? haven't got a clue what any of them are" Eiro stated she never did care for rumors and gossip always figured it caused to much harm "and this usual partner of hers..." she said looking at Safeguards damaged horn something she never noticed until now "he must be rather brutal to do something like that" she knew a few ponies that would stoop so low as to cause such bodily harm but none of them where really anything special in terms of fighting ability, besides one that ended up hospitalizing her, that thought brought back bitter memories because she never figured out who it was to get payback.
    Eiro was snapped out of her train of thought upon hearing Safeguard announce he was going to train then remembering the reason she came back to the camp in the first place she ran to catch up with him "mind of i join you?" she called after him.

11. avarage

avarage Pony

''She isn't -that- bad, just a tad....anti-social.'' Cogs sighed, peering at Safeguard began wandering off. ''Just go relax, we have nothing to worry about with those two...and Arcane will be weakened tomorrow....-and- they wouldn't dare disrup- Fiiine!'' She yelled out, waving her hoof at Safeguard as she unfortunately lost her grip and landed on her back. ''Bah, well..tactics won't be a problem till tomorrow...so rest of the day is free to do as you all please...just don't get -too- comfy.'' Cogs spoke with a serious voice, grabbing the tarp and throwing it over the MARE. ''I need to work on this, and make more glue bombs for tomorrow...so..rest up and..what not.''
    With a grumble and even a few curses, including a very clear. ''Gak this, I don't need that power princess about...'' from the tarp, the sounds of flying sparks and metal would soon follow.

For a moment though, the sounds stopped and Cogs spoke very sternly. ''Partner? No...more like a monster...that sings....power... ballads...'' A shuddering sound followed and then the grinding would continue.

12. Antadurunnu

Trotting back towards his tent he wandered inside and started to fill a trunk with armor and weapons, the heavy container would provide a decent weight lifting. Turning his good ear around he saw Eiro had followed him. Grabbing his helm he sat down and stroked down the front of the mask with a fore hoof, there was a line right down the middle. ''Very few can split a master crafted titansteel helm right down the middle so easily..'' he commented then looked back to his trunk and threw over a lightweight pair of bracers with small barbed hooks along the backs of them towards the mare. ''Come on then.'' he said in a bland tone before placing the trunk on his back and heading out into the dunes.

13. Eiro

Eiro sat at the entrance to the tent looking at the helmet that Safeguard held, she had no idea what to say in the situation she was soon brought back to her senses when Safeguard threw a pair of bracers in her direction, she caught one on her left hoof and the other with her head, once she had them she removed her neckless and ankle band and placed the bracers on before she picked up her neckless and ankle band and placing thme both where she slept the night before then turning to follow safeguard out into the desert.

gonna bring in my new character

"ugh where is she" Ferrah grumbled wondering about the camp site she had searched the Colosseum already with no sign of who she was looking for so she decided to ask around the nearby camp to see if any of the other participants have seen her friend, "hi you seen a ash black mare around here?" Ferrah asked three ponies one looked tiered and didn't answer while the other two just glared at her and continued on "wow... talk about grumpy" she said watching them walk away without a word "oh well, maybe somepony else knows" she finished shifting her heavy bags and her blade into a more comfortable position before looking for somepony else to ask.

#273 Eiro, 31 December 2012
    Last edited: 31 December 2012
  14. Antadurunnu

As he trotted out into the dunes he cringed knowing that Eiro was most likely lighting fast, faster then Red was as she wasn't weighted down in armor. Glancing back towards her flank that cutie mark did little to reassure him, this was going to be annoying. Thankfully he had a few tricks in the trunk on his back. Dropping said cargo into the sand he opened it up and started to get his kit on, a simple leather tunic and hardened leather hoof caps along with his standard plate helmet. A few items where stashed away on his body and on the inside of his tower shield. His weapon of choice was a thin, long rapier made from a light blue metal. Nodding at his choice he stood firm and gave Eiro the signal that he was ready.

15. Eiro

Eiro stood looking towards Safeguard looking at his choice of equipment was different from before and he was more rested this time around, she then looked at the bracers she was wearing she wasn't sure why he gave them to her turning her attention back to Safeguard she nodded in response to signal she was ready, and from what she could see Eiro felt that Safeguard was gonna be the one to wait this time around so she decided to make the first move charging directly at him.

#275 Eiro, 5 January 2013
    Last edited: 14 January 2013
  16. Antadurunnu

Always the patient type he would wait for his opponent to make the first move and as he guessed she charged in. The tower shield did it's job well covering him from hoof to eye level. Should she be daft enough to continue her straight line attack she'd be met with a shield bash. However he didn't really think she'd go for such a blatantly obvious attack mistake so he had a back up and would use his shield to buffer a blast of air against her.

17. Eiro

knowing she would come off far worse for ware if she went for a direct attack, she instead leapt of the ground not expecting the a buffer of air to hit her knocking her stability off though due to experience in extremely high winds it was not something that affected her for long but it caused her to land several meters further back than she intended, as she landed Eiro immediately kicked back off the ground turning to try and strike Safeguard before she had the shield baring her way again.

Ferrah continued to wonder the camp asking ponies if they new where her friend could be found though everypony she asked all came up empty hooved, as she continued through she noticed a Blue mare which she noticed had a mechanical leg, unlike the every other pony she met she felt that she might get somewhere this time "hey any chance you could help me" Ferrah called trotting over.

18. Antadurunnu

Safeguard was actually surprised his buffering worked, if only for a few seconds until she righted herself. Watching as she shot off again to the side he knew he wouldn't have the time to pull his shield over. Instead he brought his rapier over and swung it in an arch, due to the metal it made a distinct humming noise as it cut through the air. It was more then obvious that this was not a weapon for stealth. As this was just a training spar he used the flat of the blade so that if he did catch her by some slight chance worst that would happen she might get a bruise. Last thing he needed was to injure an ally before the arena match had started.

19. Eiro

as Eiro got within striking range it became clear that it wasn't the shield she would have to watch for but instead a humming noise drew her attention to Safeguards rapier moving in her direction, she knew she could dodge it with ease but doing so would widen the gap between them putting her right back to square on, remembering that the bracer's Safeguard gave her had barbed hooks she used them to catch the blade and prevent it from making contact.

20. avarage

avarage Pony

''Damn glue bombs, Now tomorrow is going to be a pain in the fla- Huh?'' Cogs said in her annoyed tone, only to hear a voice call out to her. She was trying to part the MARE in her tent, though she was now distracted by the newcomer. ''Yeah, how can I help you?'' The mechanical Mare said, narrowing her eyes slightly. She could plainly tell that the other ponies' gaze was drifting to her leg. ''Up here, and so...what -do- you need?''
    What Cogs failed to realise, that the MARE's head was still poking out of the tent, staring with lifeless ruby eyes...