1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other The Fun and Perilous Adventures of Equestira... and beyond.

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Mista Squishy, 30 December 2017.

1. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

Kamari opened his mouth to answer, before he was cut off by a loud booming voice calling out to the pair, and the approach of the polar bear the voice belonged too. The volume of the bears voice startled the small Pseudo-dragon still curled up in his mane, which promptly jumped up and scurried back to hide behind his head, its claws painfully digging into his back.

“Gah, nenda mbali na wewe maumivu kidogo (get off me you little pain)” he muttered to it trying to shake it off as Songbird and the polar bear talked, he was sure he caught the name Brine in the few words he did manage to catch as he kept trying to remove the Dragons small, sharp claws from his back. Eventually it retracted its claws and settled down on Kamaris back this time.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Kamari focused on there newest companion “Mr Brine was it? Welcome, i'll gladly admit, for our team you seem like the perfect fit” he smiled despite the now nagging pain from the fresh claw marks on his back.

2. Recurrent Trotting

As Brine neared the zebra and hippogriff he stopped lolloping and reared back onto his hind legs and plonked his rear on the ground, exposing his bulky belted midriff and broad shoulders, restrained by a leather harness. He stood above even a big earth stallion and his height was equalled by his girth and bulk.

"Hahaha!" Brine guffawed at Songbird's description of Bjorm, and in response to her query he replied, "No, not a hair! Hoped you could fill me in as we made our way there." (Brine was eager to get going now the adventure was underway.) While he was talking he noticed the wriggling Kamari out of the corner of his eye (his eyes grew large as he caught sight of the little dragon). In response to Kamari's greeting he nodded, "I'm glad you think so! What name do you go by my stripey friend?"

#22 Recurrent Trotting, 12 February 2018
    Last edited: 12 February 2018
  3. Sharpster25

“Kamari Kiama is the name I go by” he looked up at Brine feeling slightly intimidated at the polar bears size, Brine easily sat at twice Kamari's height, “now we must get going for our train is nigh”. Kamari started walking again, with the other two of the trio followed close behind, “the journey will take a few hours on the train, plenty of time to go over the job and explain”

4. Recurrent Trotting

Brine loomed over the smaller zebra, aware of his effect on smaller equines and - in a boisterous rather than bullying way - rather enjoying his effect on the more timid equine boomrf, "Well met!" (if you follow 7 deadlly sins - he;s kinda like a nice Galland if you can imagine such a thing) He nodded in response to the Zebra's sensible direction and followed the two.

As the equine trotted, the hypogriff fluttered and the ursine lolloped along they shared the mission details. Brine greeted the information that the mission involved travelling to Los Pegasus with enthusiasm. He revealed that he had visited other cloud cities such as cloudsdale (magically assisted so that he could leave the tourist trail) and was knowledgeable about pegasi cloud cities in general. Song bird may well have wanted to get a ord in edgeways but Brine was in full flow and soon the bear had divulged his life story (consider both chars to now know Brine's backstory as stated in his acceptance post)

Soon the trio were at the train, which - courtesy of the legendary Equestrian rail system - was punctual and they were bustled into a carriage. Brine was visibly cowed by the couped up nature of the carriage and was quiet at first, but as soon as the windows were open and the amazing view down the mountain was on display he was restored to normal spirits. The trio talked avidly until Celestia's sun was down behind the horizon and it was a shock when the conductor shouted "Ponyville next stop!" and they all had to get ready to disembark.

The trio made their way over to the inn. Songbird - tired by the late hour - was on foot/claw now and Kamari - whose equine body was more designed for endurance than the others - was the more spry one :p They checked in to their separate rooms, dropped off their things, and returned to the lobby area for a final meal and talk before their eventful adventure.

5. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

"Kamari, Mind if i call you Kama?" Songbird looked towards the zebra inquisitively as the group sat at one of the larger tables for their meal.

"anyway, was it tomorrow or the day after we're meeting Mrs and Mrs Jones? I've got such bad memory when it comes to dates and names and what not." She smiled awkwardly and rubbed her feathers along her neck as she took out her rather rugged looking guitar and played about lightly on it, creating some barely noticeable background music to keep her claws busy. (sorry for the major delay x.x)

Recurrent Trotting likes this.
  6. Sharpster25

“Not at all, I won't consider it a miscall” Kamari answered without looking up, before taking another bite of his food, a veggie burger with hay fries, very different to anything he'd ever had in his homeland, but he'd gotten quite a taste for equestrian food during his travels here. “Tomorrow I'm sure, angalau nadhani hivyo (at least I think so)” he paused, “apologies, I sometimes forget who I'm among; ponies who don't speak my native tongue”.

Surrounding his plate lay a quill and ink pot along with many sheets of parchment, some covered with notes, others with alchemy circles in various states of completion. In between bites of his food he'd quickly jot down any thoughts or ideas that came to him or add something to one of the circles.

“Hebu angalia .... nini kama .... hakuna .... (Let's see .... what if .... no ....)” he threw down his quill “Nitaihesabu baadaye (I'll figure that out later)” he muttered before continuing his meal.

After a few minutes, and a now empty plate, he found himself tapping his hind hoof along to the quiet tune songbird had started playing, reminded of home he leaned back and smiled, letting the tune wash over him. After another little bit, he reached into his saddlebag, which never left his side if he could help it, “one thing you may know about my culture, we zebras are quite musically inclined” he found what he was looking for, “so if you don't mind....” out of his bag he pulled a traditional drum of his homeland, “Ah.... yangu Djembe, ilikuwa ni wakati (my Djembe, its been a while)” he muttered as he stood up, balancing on his hind legs he slipped the strap over his shoulder and held it under his left foreleg. Looking to Songbird he motioned for her to play a bit louder and joined in.

7. Mista Squishy

Songbird's eyes lit up with a pleasant expression of surprise as she saw Kamari take out a drum with the intention of collaborating. "You play too huh? Nice to know a fellow lover of music will be with me on the travels ahead!" She grinned as she sat up properly and began to play something more lively and loud keeping in time with Kama's beat.

At first ponies around them looked over at the sudden music with curiosity, as not many bards exist in Equestria. Slowly a few began to shuffle and get up as the lively spirit of the song spread and encouraged ponies in the tavern to dance or sway in their seats, little by little until most of the tavern was of the same joyful atmosphere.

Stringwing turned to Brine as she played, "Say big fella, don't suppose you play too, huh?" The Hippogriff asked with gleeful intrigue, Her claw tabbing against the wooden flooring as she kept with the beat, all the while grinning and playing happily.

8. Recurrent Trotting

After a day's travelling and talking and the consumption of an enormous roast salmon, whose large lemony platter had now been thoroughly licked clean, Brine was in contented bear mode. His ears pricked up with interest at Karari's Djembe drum, the explorer in him always intrigued by the appearance of something unfamiliar.

(In response to Songbird) "Neigh!" he boomed punnily, a joke that it seemed the bear couldn't get enough of around equines :p "but I do dance." For a moment it looked like Brine might even get up there and then, but instead he just licked his maw and rubbed his belly and gave a contented sigh, swaying his head and drumming his paw to the sound of Kamari's Djembe and the rhythm of Songbird's strumming. "I think the rucus would detract from your playing, which is just divine dear, so I'll listen in."

9. Sharpster25

As the music filled the Inn the general hubbub died down as everyone sat to listen to the unusual but lively sound of two different cultures of music mixing in a way he hadn't heard before. As he watched he saw many ponies getting up to dance.

Kamari noticed the inn was filling up, as the music wafted out of the building, attracting most of the passers-by still out and about in the evening to come in to enjoy the atmosphere. Soon the place was packed with ponies all enjoying the music. Nodding to Songbird they both finished the song with a flair, to the sound of applause and cheering. Not a moment later the innkeeper, a portly looking earth pony, sporting a huge smile approached them and placed 3 mugs of cider on their table, “I can't remember the last time this place was this busy, these are on the house” he motioned towards the drinks “as a thank you” he said before quickly heading back to the bar.

Kamari picked up one of the mugs, “Hiyo ilikuwa ya kushangaza! I haven't played in months, I'd forgotten how much better it is with an audence” his mood so lifted he'd forgotten to rhyme. He wiped the sweat from his brow and took a few mouthfuls of cider, “Ladha, again?” he said before starting another beat, even more lively than the last.

10. Mista Squishy

Stringwing's eyes lit up at the sudden gift of free drinks, to which she replied with a smile and nod of appreciation before the Innkeeper left. "Ah... one of the many perks to being a gifted musician, haha" She giggled as she raised the mug in her claw, still playing the guitar with her wings, and nodding to Kamari before taking a swig. "Ahhh~... that's the stuff." Stringwing leant forward leaving more space for her wings to move and started to play her guitar with both her claws and wings, somehow playing both a deep bass sounding tune to accompany the spry and energetic melodies, tapping her hoof as she played.

The crowd gradually got more energetic as a result of the more lively music from both Kama and Songbird, most clapping along in beat and others dancing with excitement as they all cheered and merrily enjoyed the atmosphere.

11. Sharpster25

As the night wore on, after many energetic tunes played by the pair, the Inn slowly emptied as ponies headed home and those that remained returned to their seats, worn out from all the dancing. As they ended there last tune, a much slower and more relaxed one, Kamari collapsed onto his chair and sighed contently with a smile on his face, “I haven't had that much fun playing in years, I'd forgotten the sound of an audiences cheers”.

He slowly packed up his djembe and all of the parchment still on the table, “Though I think its time we retired for the night, got to be up at first light”

12. Recurrent Trotting

Brine gratefully accepted the cider and swayed his head appreciatively in the revelry, but it was clear that after the day of traveling he was at half-bear compared to the exuberant creature they had encountered in the market. During the singing Brine had swayed his bulk and tapped his claws but was not quite as animated as the pony audience, which was possibly a good thing given the size of the polar bear!

As Kamari packed up his Djembe he felt a heavy, furred paw around his midriff and smelled Brine's cidery breath as the bear leant in, "That was marvelous - you rival Petri with those dexterous paws!" he intoned appreciatively. "If you play as well as you mix a potion then we'll have no problem on our quest!" he beamed.

"And thanks to you also Songbird!. That was excellent. It reminds me of a bard-pony I knew I traveled with into the frozen North one time - the battle hymn she sung was just magical. She was eaten by a whale sadly, but setting a quest to music is the best thing there is!"

Brine heaved himself up, ready to call it a night.

#32 Recurrent Trotting, 29 April 2018
    Last edited: 29 April 2018
  13. Mista Squishy

Stringwing cocked a brow as she put away her guitar and looked at Brine, "Thanks... good thing i have wings then, and that whales don't live in the tropical rain forests of Equestria." She stood slowly pushing the thought of Brine's anecdote out of her mind.

"Anyway, it is about time we retired for the night, don't want to miss the train eh boys?" She smiled as the Hippogriff returned her tankard to the bar and paid for three rooms with the Innkeeper.

"Thank ye again fer the entertainment, got a lot of business today from it." a different pony was behind the bar this time, a barmaid; a fairly plump and jolly mare with golden locks braided at both sides of her head who was riddled with cute little freckles across her face.

"Thanks, It was nothing though, we hadn't even planned on it, pure improvisation!" Songbird laughed and pushed 30 bits across the bar for the rooms, "10 bits per room last i checked, right?"

"Oh no, for you it can be half price, 15 for three rooms!" She grinned with a beaming smile

"You sure? We already had some drinks as thanks." Songbird replied with conflict in her voice, She'd never liked receiving charity much, being of almost noble decent back home it felt almost dishonest to be given things freely.

"Nonsense! when I say you brought in a lot of business, i mean a LOT of it, haha!" She laughed and pushed 15 bits back to the Hippogriff. "Feel free to stop on by again though!"

"I never fail to visit Ponyville every so often, rest assured." She smiled and took the three keys to the rooms. "Thanks again!"

"No, Thank YOU!" the Barmaid chuckled again as Songbird left with a smile, making her way back to the group.

"Well fellas, got our room keys, let's get t'snoozin' shall we?" Songbird chirped with a smile anticipating the fun road ahead.

14. Sharpster25

Kamari took one of the keys, “Asante (thank you)” he said as he headed upstairs, on the landing he noticed their little green dragon following him, he groaned “Kidogo, Je, huwezi kwenda kuvuruga Songbird .... au Brine badala yake? (Little one, Can't you go bother Songbird .... or Brine instead?)” he said pointing towards the other two as he saw them entering their own rooms, It sat there looking at him, tilting its head slightly.

He took a few steps away from it, and watched it follow him those few steps before sitting back down and continuing to stare. “....Nzuri basi (….fine then)” he knelt down and it eagerly jumped on his back, “Jaribu kitu chochote ingawa wewe uko nje ya chumba changu, umeelewa? (Try anything though and you're out of my room, understood?)” It gave no indication to understanding a word he was saying.

Shaking his head Kamari continued down the hall till he found his room, inside it was plainly but comfortably furnished with a bed and night-stand in one corner and a desk and chair below a mirror in the other. He dropped his saddlebag by the desk and dropped onto the bed, noting with a smile how comfy it was.

He closed his eyes and was just drifting off when he heard rustling coming from over by the desk, he bolted upright and saw the dragon sticking its head in his saddlebag before backing out of it and jumping onto the desk, a vial of dark grey liquid in its mouth. “Hapana! Bad! Turua! (No! Bad! Drop it!)” he shouted leaping off the bed, apparently understanding him now, it complied.... over the side of the desk. He leapt for it “Hapana! Je! Si kweli ... (No! Don't actually....)” he missed it and the glass shattered as it hit the floor, a split-second later: sssshblamm! It exploded in his face.

Coughing and blinking through the thick black smoke, he got to his hooves “Angalau unapata tu bomu la moshi .... (At least you only got a smoke bomb....)” he muttered before catching his reflection in the mirror through the smoke, his usual black and white stripes stained pure black on his face and his mane was blasted back, looking like he was stuck in gale force winds. He snorted and glared at the dragon, its green scales similarly coated black from the front. Unceremoniously he picked it up by the scruff of its neck in his teeth and marched out to the hall before banging on Songbirds door. A few moments later she answered, already looking like he'd woken her up. He dropped the dragon at the door “Little pest tried to blow us all sky high. Yeye ni shida yako usiku wa leo (He's your problem tonight)” Without bothering to rhyme, or wait for a response he stomped back to his room.

15. Mista Squishy

"Huh, uh... I... Um, oh-" Songbird tried to respond with a tired and confused expression on her face, rubbing her eyes as she yawned. Blinking, she reopened her eyes to find Kamari gone with a thud from his bedroom door, to which she was left slouched but standing in her doorway with a charred and sooty looking green scaly critter, who's head tilted to the side like a curious puppy and forked tongue poked out like a loose flap of bacon hanging from it's mouth.

"Well... c'mere then you rascal." She raised out a claw and the dragon hopped on and skittered its way up to the top of her head with a very faint vibrating purring sound as it curled up on her feathered mane. "Whatever you did lil' guy, you sure peeved our zebra friend." She spoke to herself, knowing the dragon couldn't comprehend languages. Songbird made her way back into her room, closing the door and sitting on her bed, and setting the dragon down on the pillow opposite of her side of the bed, "There, now stay." To which the critter complied and sat, staying still but looking at her with both a curious and at the same time, an expressionless face.

"I better make sure you drift off to sleep before i do, don't want you wrecking my stuff too." She smiled and gave the cute guy a scratch under the chin. "Good thing you can't understand languages, means i don't have to worry about lyrics."

Songbird sat up and locked eyes with the little Pseudo-Dragon, giving it a warm smile as she began to sing softly and quietly:

"No me de dio, Hamare-o.
    No de me yo, Se ya noeh.
    No mo de yo, Hamare-o.
    Ovamieh, seyah noeh."

Each word she sung was stretched out and sung with an almost hauntingly heavenly tone, spanning a few minutes as she repeated her song. Gradually the dragon's eyelids drooped heavier and heavier before it yawned and curled up on the pillow and quickly drifted off to sleep, to which Songbird kept singing a few minutes longer just for good measure.

"There we go..." She smiled, her own eyes heavy with sleep as she laid back down and returned to her slumber.

16. Recurrent Trotting

Brine thanked Songbird and bade the other two good night tiredly, thoroughly ready to hit the hay after all the socialising which in some ways was more tiring for the exuberant ursine than clambering up mountains on his lonesome. He lolloped into his room, kicked the door closed, threw off his climbing belt and gear and - ignoring the bed - flopped forwards onto the wooden floor.

In the moments before sleep descended he spared a thought for his companions and their mission. Brine had enjoyed the day sharing stories with the two fellow travellers, especially about Songbird's time in the hippogriff kingdom, whose lofty peaks appealed to him. He was glad that they were both more level-headed than ponies, many of whom in Brine's experience could be flighty or excitable. He felt that Kamari and Songbird could take the lead with their patrons while he comfortably lolloped along as muscle... Bjorm would be payed in no time.

Eventually Brine succumbed to slumber, drifting off to the image of Petri playing a Djembe with Bjorm's face while his mom sang a lullaby.

#36 Recurrent Trotting, 1 May 2018
    Last edited: 3 May 2018
  17. Sharpster25

Back in his room and still grumbling to himself, he opened the window and tried wafting the rest of the smoke outside, after a few minutes of this the room started to clear, leaving the window open he sat at the desk and tried cleaning the soot off his face and fix his mane. Another few minutes and looking much more presentable, he got up and flopped onto the bed and closed his eyes slowly drifting off.

---------------------------------

After what only felt like a few minutes Kamari awoke to the early morning sun streaming through the window directly onto his face. Squinting in the light he groaned as he sat up and stretched feeling several joints crack satisfyingly, getting out of bed he stretched again before going to the window. Leaning on the sill he looked out over the early morning activity of Ponyville, several ponies were already out and about and a few streets away he saw a small market square with several more ponies setting up stalls.

Smiling he closed the window, put on his saddlebag and headed out of his room and downstairs for some breakfast and wait for his two companions to get up.

18. Mista Squishy

Songbird awoke to find a scaly little green dragon under one of her wings, fast asleep, and heavily snoring. She slowly got up and ready without disturbing the cute little thing, opening the window to the room allowing the fresh air in and the sunshine to streak across the room; Mornings in Ponyville were always so peaceful and beautiful, no matter the weather.

Eventually the Pseudo-dragon awoke to find Songbird packing up her things and getting ready to move out, causing the dragon to hastily hop on her back in fear of being forgotten. "Oh hey, little guy, i see you slept well. Plenty of energy already" She giggled with a smile as she looked over her shoulder at the derpy looking dragon. "We better head off downstairs and see the others though, don't want them leaving without us eh?" She monologued towards the dragon as they both left the room, locking up and making their way down.

"I see you're the early bird of the group" Stringwing called to kamari as she entered the room, seeing her striped friend already sat and enjoying a breakfast meal. "Typical of the big guy of the group to be the last to wake eh?" She added as she took a seat and looked over the small breakfast menu on the table, scratching her chin with her talon and pondering on what to eat. There were choices from a Hayseed Sarnie, Granny Smith's Apple Pancakes or blueberry, blackberry and chocolate breakfast muffins to name a few, quite a diverse cuisine.

19. Recurrent Trotting

Brine was an early riser, waking shortly before sunrise. Leaving his things behind to explore later, the bear lolloped as quietly as he could out of the inn.

In the sleepy town, as opposed to hard-working earth ponies farming the fields the townsponies were not yet up and Brine saw nopony about. After taking a short sip out of the fountain, grinning at the ponyish statue in the middle of it and shaking his head at the sillyness of the pony race in general, Brine made his way out of town to a likely looking glade and began his morning routine of stretches. Brine had picked up this routine from a grizzled Bison he had travelled with in the (pony version of) the Himalayan foothils. Firstly, Brine sat cross-legged on the ground and arched his back straight, pressing his furry bottom into the earth but not sinking into it and instead - as the Bison had told him - letting the earth push him back upright. Then Brine went through various foreleg and forearm stretches. Finally Brine practiced the asanas of the Celestial sun celebration, went through them in sequence, and then flopped on the floor in mediation.

With the sun high in the sky once more, the bear lolloped fully refreshed and hungry back to the pub to meet his companions, smiling happily and greeting the townsponies as he made his way through town. As Brine opened the door he boomed, "GOOOD MORNING!" particularly boomingly, at the sedentary pair and flomped down onto a seat next to them, causing it to groan audibly. "Just been out for a morning walk." he explained at a more reasonable volume.

20. Mista Squishy

Songbird shook her head, recovering from the surprisingly loud and unexpected greeting that brine gave, squinting her eyes as the ringing came to a halt.

"Gah, G-good morning to you too big guy." She thunked the side of her head as if she had water in her ear and was trying to shake it out. "Figured you were still asleep" She turned, now recovered from the sudden booming that caused her ears to pop, and with a smile. "I Take it you've had breakfast then? I was just about to order myself some food."

She buried her face back into the menu, as she furrowed her brow unable to decide one what delicious, delightful foods she could have.

"Hmm... maybe muffins? never tried muffins before, they're only a pony thing from what i've found." Songbird says aloud as she looks around catching the gaze of a waitress and waving her over.

"Yes, Ma'am! what can i get you?" The cheery pony waitress spoke with a surprisingly well mannered tone for a pony of ponyville, accompanied with a bright beaming smile.

"Hi, i'd like to try one of your breakfast muffins, don't suppose you have any you'd recommend do you?" Stringwing replied, giving an equally bright smile in return.

"Well, blueberry seems to be a common favourite over blackberry, as it's more traditional, but on the other hand it's not quite as nice as chocolate, though chocolate is quite a devilish choice so it's not overly chosen, only the imfamous Pinkie Pie can eat plenty of sugary pasties and pleasantries without so much as an ounce of change in weight, haha." the waitress smiled again with a chuckle and sarcastic tone towards the end, seeming to joke about Pinkie and perhaps knew her personally.

"well then, better go devilish before our adventure, i'll have plenty of time burning it off." Songbird giggled and poked her tongue out in jest as she handed her menu to the waitress.

"Good choice, Ma'am... And uh, do you two wish to order anything... Gentlemen?" the waitress looked between the rather large polar bear sat on a seat and the distant relative to pony-kind sitting the opposite side of Songbird, with a perplexed look on her face like she'd just been given a delivery by one of the royal sisters personally wearing a postpony's uniform.