1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville The Grand Opening

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Dragon, 24 August 2012.

1. Dragon

Dragon Scottish Pegasister

"Ladies and Gentlecolts, today it is my great pleasure to announce the grand opening of my new friend Mayday's first ever Ponyville Hotel!" Mayor Mare spoke into the microphone, the response being rounds of applause and loud cheering. "Now once I cut this ribbon, the hotel will be officially open for buisness! But first let's here a few words from whom we can thank all this for, a very special Pegasus, Mayday!"

More cheering and applause. Mayday did not hesiate to move in front of the microphone and start speaking. "Thank-you everyone." she beamed. "I hope this hotel will prove to be a worthwhile buisness which will not only benefit Ponyville itself as more and more tourists will become keen to visit, but also a friendly, cosy place you can all come to talk, relax and just have fun! Providing you wipe your hooves first before coming in. Now I'll pass you back to the Mayor who can do what I know you've all been waiting for-open the hotel!"

Mayor Mare proudly walked over to the ribbon in front of the wide wooden doors of the hotel, picked up the large golden scissors in her mouth and without hesitation cut the ribbon cleanly. The whole of Ponyville erupted into cries of joy and at once began running inside to take a look at the magnificent building.

2. Explonova

Explonova The Lazy Pony

"What's a hotel?" said Brohorn in wonder.

His curiosity was piqued as he made his way closer to the entrance. As he walked inside after the large crowd, he eyeballed the grand and luxurious lobby.

Wow! This is a pretty looking building! What's it for? thought Brohorn with increasing excitement.

For a wild Viking Pony, leaving muddy hoof prints on the carpet was not much of a concern.

3. Dragon

Dragon Scottish Pegasister

Mayday looked around cheerily, eyes glazing over in happiness at the popularity of the hotel. She frowned, however, when she suddenly noticed a large colt gazing around in excitment, and his extremley muddy hoof prints that were following him around on her brand new cherry-red carpeting.

She coughed loudly at him and gave him a glare. "Excuse me!" she growled, stomping over. (she could of flown but oh how she hated doing so). "I bealive I did mention my one small rule regarding muddy hoof prints. There is a large doormat outside you know!" she declared huffilly.

4. Explonova

Explonova The Lazy Pony

"B-begging thine pardon winged pony. I did not bear any ill will." said Brohorn timidly. This was not an ideal situation and his shyness around mares did not help one bit.

"P-please accept my h-humble apologies." said Brohorn as he immediately sped outside to wipe his hooves on the doormat.

Not long after leaving, Brohorn returned to the hotel and spied the janitor; who was just bringing his cleaning products.

"Allow me good sir!" said Brohorn enthusiatically, as he yanked the mop right out of the Janitor's hooves, and proceed to clean his mess.

5. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

On the back end of the ponies filing in, trailed a dark brown pony with a large afro that seemed to tower over the crowd. While everypony else was were busy conjugating "Oooh"'s and "Aaaah"'s. This pony however was unimpressed.

This reminds me of the Lora-Locke Hotel before they renovated. He thought to himself.

The pony continued to look around.

Seeing that this is the only game in town, I better get real familiar with this spot.

He was traveling around a lot lately, and was glad that there was now a place to stay in Ponyville. It was better than the alteratives, with were: A. Sleep on the street. or, B. Stay in somepony else's home. He couldn't decide which was worse.

Where'd the owner of this place go? Her name was, like, MayFlower or something wierd like that.

He spotted the sign-up desk. He slowly walked up to the counter, bumping and shoving other ponies on his way. He saw a bell sitting on the desk, and started ringing it.

*bing!* *bing!* "Anypony home?"*bing!* *bing!* *bing!* What's a pony got to do to get some service around here? *bing!* *bing!*

6. Spy!

Spy! Especially Khaotic Krew Member

Bramble was wearing her saddle bags which were held a selection of her best jams. "Okay... I can do this!" She said. She hadn't booked an appointment or anything she just hoped that the jams would speak for themselves.
    Bramble took a deep breath and walked into the Hotel. She saw a dark brown pony with a large afro mashing the hotel reception's desk bell. "Hay! You'll break that!" she said with a giggle as she came closer to the dark brown pony. "I've never seen you in town before, I'm Bramble! I bet you got some tales, what's the news beyond Ponyville?" She asked.

7. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

The dark brown pony thought he had heard somepony behind him.

"Hey, You'll break that!"

He spun around, and found himself face to face with a mare. He instantly noticed her off-color green coat, and tangled mane. She looks like a mess! He thought. So, he was suprised at her cheery tone, and friendy disposition. She took a couple of steps toward him. He looked closer at her. Her messy figure seem to be that it wasn't the result of untidyness, but one of work. He wasn't quite sure what she did, but he know that whatever she did, she did it well. She looked willing to break her back for the job to be done, which is something he always admired in anypony.

"I've never seen you in town before, I'm Bramble! I bet you got some tales, what's the news beyond Ponyville?"

The brown pony spaced out for a minute. This mare's rough exterior, and cheerful attitude reminded him of another hard-working green coated mare from back home. For a second or two, it was like he was back in Riversdale. Bramble, was that her name? he thought. He quickly shook his head.

"Um... yeah. My name's Romero." he said trying to pull himself together. "If it's anyhting I've learned over my travels, is that what one pony finds interesting, another pony won't." Romero said with a chuckle. "So uh... have you seen the hotel lady? I think she got lost!"

#7 Rare80, 7 November 2012
    Last edited: 7 November 2012
  8. Spy!

"Um... yeah. My name's Romero." he said. "If it's anything I've learned over my travels, is that what one pony finds interesting, another pony won't." Romero said with a chuckle.

Bramble twitched Argh! Where does a Mare get gossip these days! Bramble thought. Then again he does look tired...

"So uh... have you seen the hotel lady? I think she got lost!"
    Bramble had found it easy to get tp the reception and hadn't been paying much attention, now that she had focused on her surroundings she saw lots of ponies going this way and that, many of which carrying bags bigger than themselves.

"I guess she is tied down at the moment, after all this the grand opening!" She continued and walked away from Romeo at the reception, almost immediatley regretted this as she almost slammed into a Viking pony with a mop. This is just not my day is it? Bramble thought with a sigh. Suddenly her mind clicked.

9. The-Phantom-Creamer

The-Phantom-Creamer Master of Dairy Espionage

In order to avoid the hustle and bustle of the lobby, Bright Eyes fluttered around the ceiling, admiring the architecture from afar. He chuckled as he brushed past the glass chandelier which tickled his feathers.
    Just look at that window decoration, He pondered, I must know who the contractor's were , I've been meaning to renovate the Chapel.
    With that thought he glided down to ground level and searched for the owner but was dismayed when he could not see her anywhere.

10. Kusak

Kusak Cows go μ

Night had only seen the congregation of excited ponies in passing, but many of them seemed to be admiring a new building, and this intrigued the unicorn. He managed to worm his way through the dense crowd towards what he could now see to be a hotel (with many an "excuse me" and "I do apologise" along the way); the architecture impressed him, and was reminiscent of his university days back in Canterlot.
    He was usually cynical about "aspiring, entrepreneurial business ventures", but this was different. The masonry was very finely done, and the fine decor was much to his taste; evidently, the architect behind this had class, and it was definitely in the style of the old instistutions.
    He looked up to the ceiling to see another Stallion also admiring the decoration.
    "I say," Night called up, "This is rather impressive, what?"

OOC: I'm new to this- third person limited or omniscient?

#10 Kusak, 11 November 2012
    Last edited: 11 November 2012
  11. Spy!

Bramble had an idea. I know! If I ask one of the otherguests who have just entered, maybe one of them pre booked or something, and can get in contact with the hotel staff through them! She thought with a wry smile. She left the Viking Pony, who was concentrating hard on mopping and looked through the crowd. Bramble then spotted a Young Stallion with a yellow coat, orange eyes, and a floppy, curly green mane. His cutie mark was a speech bubble. Bramble walked up to the stallion. "Hello! Do you intend to stay at this hotel?" She asked politely.

12. The-Phantom-Creamer

"I say," Night called up, "This is rather impressive, what?"

"Hmm?" Bright Eyes fluttered down and landed safely on the ground, "Oh yes, very l-lovely." He replied quietly.

As he turned he almost walked into a messy maned mare. She smiled and asked "Hello! Do you intend to stay at this hotel?"

"H-hello, I-I'm not staying, just l-looking." He looked back up at the chandelier, "It's beautiful."

13. Spy!

"H-hello, I-I'm not staying, just l-looking." He looked back up at the chandelier, "It's beautiful."
    Bramble Smiled following Bright Eyes example and looked at the chandelier.
    "If it weren't for the fact I came on business, I would have not come here at all, what a shame that would have been! Did you know it only took a couple of days to construct? Yes some of the fastest builders in all Equestria came to work on this, and the level of detail they went to getting it perfect is quite amazing, don't you agree?" Bramble said to no pony in particular. Hopeing to draw either Bright Eyes or Night, who just spoke to Bright Eyes before Bramble came over, into conversation.

14. The-Phantom-Creamer

"...and the level of detail they went to getting it perfect is quite amazing, don't you agree?"

"It's almost too perfect...I-I mean..." He paused to try and collect his thoughts, "I mean this is Ponyville not C-canterlot." He pondered. "Do you know who the b-builders were? I've been wanting t-to r-renovate the Church."

15. Spy!

"Do you know who the b-builders were? I've been wanting t-to r-renovate the Church."
    Bramble smiled. "But of course! The head builder was a frequent visitor to my stall on the market, he reallt loved my blackberry tart!" Bramble said and gave a laugh. "Anyway, I knew such a contact would be valued so I got tehir contact details! One moment..." Bramble digs inside one of her saddle bags and pulls out a small slip of paper. "Here! This has all the information you need!" Bramble said as she hoofed the slip of paper over.

16. SereneBeam

SereneBeam Capotain Enthusiast

"The Ponyville Hotel" Serene read the sign over again a few times taking in the name "Not a fancy name but nonetheless" The Pegasus made her way to the front door, she pushed the door with her hoof, Strange, the door didn't open. She pushed harder on the door, it still wouldn't budge. She took a step back, "It doesn't look closed, there's other ponies inside" She thought to herself, she looked at the door, finally realizing there was a sign nailed on the door. "PULL" The sign read. Serene slapped a hoof to her head, realizing how stupid she just made herself look and pulled the door open and trotted inside.

#16 SereneBeam, 15 November 2012
    Last edited: 15 November 2012
    Spy! likes this.
  17. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Romero was still standing there at the front desk waiting to be served. A look of confusion had been cemented on his face. Boy, they sure take they time don't they? Romero looked around. Everypony was still there. Will he still be standing there when everypony started filing out? That's what worried him. I don't care, I'll sleep in the lobby if I have to.

18. SereneBeam

SereneBeam Capotain Enthusiast

Serene entered the main hall and join the queue to be booked into the hotel, there was a brown earth pony with a giant Afro atop of his head waiting in front of her.

"Might as well make some conversation whilst i'm waiting" Serene Thought to herself. "This hotel looks pretty nice don't you think?" She said after tapping the earth pony gently on his side.

19. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Romero felt the gentle tap on his shoulder. "This hotel looks pretty nice don't you think?" said a voice behind him. "Huh?" Romero said as he quickly spun around. He as hoping to see the hotel manager, but no. It was a blue pegasus, probably another waiting customer. Man, she gonna never show up! I might as well talk to somepony, I've got nothing to lose but time. Romero tried his best to hide his frustraition as he spoke. "Uh... yeah" It's got kind of an oldschool feel to it... It's nice." He voice trailed off. Don't talk too much, dummy. You've already embarrased yourself once, no need to go two for two. Romero was hoping to avoid screwing his first impressions up, like he often did. The problem had seemed to only get worse when he visited Equestria.

20. Kusak

Kusak Cows go μ

"Here! This has all the information you need!"
    Night's ears pricked up as he became aware of the exchange of information. He turned around to the pony who had just spoken.
    "Excuse me, you wouldn't happen to have another copy of those contact details? I have a feeling I've seen the chap who did some of the masonry here before."
    Night had certainly been interested by the elaborate decoration, more so than perhaps he normally would be; but for the last minute or so he couldn't quite put his finger on exactly why. But, of course! The flair of the carving, and the characteristic style... yes, this was the work of a good friend from the crimson unicorn's time in university.