1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville The Visit

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Aethelberdia, 1 October 2014.

1. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Rhiala sighed and looked back to the Everfree Forest. It seemed mournful, sad to see her leave. Of course, her logical mind told her that forests didn't have emotions, but a part of Rhiala had always believed in fairytales.
    Nonetheless, her life was no fairytale and she could see no happy ending in sight. She was in a predicament: live off the forest and never feel quite full, or go to Ponyville to buy food and brave the sneering, uncaring, crushing mass of ponies and their insults and abuse.
    Letting out another drawn-out sigh, she turned and plodded up the dirt track to Ponyville. Into the dragon's maw.

Arriving at Ponyville, bedecked with shopping bags, Rhiala made her way towards the plaza. As usual, the crowds parted around her, except those who jostled her as she walked, self-satisfied smirks on their faces. Rhiala went over to a fruit stall run by a pleasant mare with a motherly aura. She was one of the few ponies Rhiala had met in Equestria who treated her as an equal. "Can I have the seasonal mix, please?" Rhiala asked, a sunny smile half-forming on her face. "Of course, darling. That'll be seven bits. And here's your vegetables too, six bits." Rhiala counted out the total, thirteen bits, then looked to the stallkeeper. "Why did you get my vegetables too?" she enquired, pleased at the thought. "Dear, I see Cherry giving you a hard time when you buy them normally, so I saved you some hassle." the stallkeep replied, smiling. "Cheer up, dear. Not everything is as bad as it seems. Now, I can't do business without payment, no matter your condition, so thirteen bits, please!" Rhiala almost laughed, and paid the shopkeeper. "Thanks! I'll repay you someday!" she shouted over her shoulder as she walked to a clothes shop. Turning round, she was very surprised to find herself walking into somepony, sending both of them into a kind of reverse rugby tackle.

2. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

Anna was walking back from the stall with a large tied sack in her arms, obstructing her vision, when she was suddenly knocked over by something. She fell back with an 'oof', the sack landing unbeaten her legs.
    Anna looked over to whom or what she bumped into, as being a being taller then a pony and having restricted vision from carrying the sack meant ponies we're very hard to spot, the pony she had impede into was a mysterious looking mare, "i'm so sorry ma'am" Anna spoke, apologetically, "I didn't see you there, are you okay?" Anna asked as she dusted herself off.

3. Aethelberdia

"Ah, no, miss, I'm fine. Are you-" it was around this point that Rhiala noticed who, or rather what, she was talking to. "...ah! I see you don't appear to need help. I'll just... um..." If it were possible, Rhi's face would have gone from mauve to deep purple. "I... ah... do you need any, ah, help with anything?" Rhiala had never seen a minotaur before, although in the stories they were portrayed as either benevolent guardians or raging berserkers. Not willing to take any chances, she was desperately trying to make amends, all need for clothes shopping forgotten in her moments of abject terror.

4. Mista Squishy

Anna giggled, "It's ok, I don't bite" she smiled and replied with a light hearted tone, "well I could use some help getting through the market, without standing on anypony else's hooves now that you've offered" Anna stood up, brushing herself off; offering her hand to the mare, "i'm Anna by the way, Anna Fair-Maiden, sorry about bumping into you, this damn sack is hard to see over."

5. Aethelberdia

Rhiala took the proffered hand and lifted herself up. "Why, thank y-you, Miss Fairmaiden. I'm Rhiala Kheros." Rhiala decided that Anna was a guardian-nobody would dare make a move against Rhi when she was with her. "Where do you want to get to, ma'am? Hope it doesn't... bother you or anything."

6. Mista Squishy

"it's nice to meet you," Anna gave a reassuring smile and picked up her sack of produce. "i'm headed to my father's farm just in the outskirts of town, i'm taking these vegetables to be deseeded so we can farm them."

7. Aethelberdia

"Ah, you're a farmer? I've tried to farm out in the Everfree Forest but the trees have drained all the nutrients from the soil... plus I lived in a desert. Wish I'd never left..." Rhiala spent a few seconds in gloomy self-pity, then perked up, that is to say, slightly less down. "Well, I'd come with you but my clothes are all worn out, and I need them to protect me from the thorns and such. I need to go into this shop here, would you... um... please let me? Please?"

8. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

Ani didn't know why she was in the horticultural store looking at fertilisers, Simon no longer liked to eat the stuff, and her experiments had proven most fertilisers to be ineffective. She sighed and flicked the licorice lollipop from one side of her mouth, to the other as she moved over to another section of the store.
    As she looked through the gardening tools that hung on the wall, she heard the clink of coins being exchanged across the counter, as the minotaur made her purchase., and then the sound of her heavy hooves as she made her way to the door. She heard a small crashing sound as she was closely inspecting a small pair of clippers, followed by an exchange of words. One of the ponies had a weird voice, a slight hiss to it.
    Curiosity soon go the better of Ani, and she quickly paid the cashier the four bits he wanted for the clippers so she could find out who had aroused her curiosities. The minotaur still stood in the doorway, but just past her Ani could see the mare in question. "A batpony," she muttered, under her breath, "I thought they only existed in legends. Hows best to go about this-" Ani continued rambling to herself under her breath and soon started dancing with excitement as she did.

9. Aethelberdia

Whilst she waited for Anna's response, Rhialabecame aware of a muttering originating from behind the minotaur. Peeking around the minotaur, she laid eyes on a pony staring at her with an almost unsettling intensity, although not hostility. "Uhh... can I help you, miss?"

10. Sir Dave of Dave

"I honestly have no idea!" replied Ani, a spark of joy in her voice. She had always wanted to see a batpony, but she couldn't remember if she had made any plans for what to do if she ever met one. "Hmm. you finish whatever it was you were doing with this here minotaur, and I'll come find you shortly, I may have something for you."
    And with that Ani squeezed past the minotaur, and shot off through the crowd.

11. Mista Squishy

Anna was about to answer Rhiala's plea when a mare barged past her, without the manners to even say 'excuse me'.

"how rude" Anna looked to Rhiala, "anyway, i'll wait for you to get the cloths you needed if you want, tho i think my partner can help you out with some thick lightweight hide clothes, to protect you more from the thorns you mentioned, she's a brilliant tanner and smithy."

Anna placed the heavy sack of organic matter on the ground next to her and sat on a nearby bench, the sack being just to the side of her,

"i'll be waiting here, i could do with a rest from all the work today" she said cheerily as she lent back and relaxed.

"oh! and before you go, be careful of that... mare, who spoke to you... i once bumped into a rare creature enthusiast who had never seen a minotaur before... he tried to do all sorts of experiments as if i were a lab rat." She said with caution in her voice, "i guess i'm just saying don't get too friendly with that one til you think she's got all her screws tightened, if you get what i mean." Anna put a cheery tone on the end, so as not to worry Rhiala... or at least shrink what worry she had given her.

12. Aethelberdia

"...okay then." Rhiala was feeling sick. Why was it that only today did everyone notice her? She walked into the shop with the air of someone walking towards their own death.
    Inside the shop, which was mercifully not full of people, Rhiala spent only about 5 minutes selecting clothes, most of which were simple attire of leather and cotton. She also bought a pair of sunglasses: the perpetual light outside of Everfree was hurting her eyes.
    Leaving the shop considerably lighter in pocket, she looked around for Anna, and saw her leaning back on a bench. "Hi, I'm back. What now?"

13. Mista Squishy

"well, off towards there," Anna pointed down a nearby path across from the market.
    "if you could guide me that way that'd be much appreciated" Anna gave a reassuring smile to Rhiala before standing and picking the large sack up, "you lead, ma'am"

14. Aethelberdia

"Right, give me a sec." Rhiala was taking a huge risk doing this, essentially publicly shaming herself, but it was fast and convenient. She spread her wings wide and held her head high, showing off her batlike features. She began walking slowly towards the spot Anna had pointed out.
    The crowds parted to let her through, not out of respect but disgust and fear. The air itself seemed heavy with hostility, and Rhiala had to fight back tears as the true extent of her status as anathema was revealed. "Follow me, then, miss," Rhiala murmured, keeping her eyes low but her head high.

15. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

Anna walked through the market and had just purchased some anesthetic for her patients and she notices the crowd started to part, curiosity seemed to set in pretty quickly and she left the stall to see what was going on, what she saw was a once in a lifetime sight

"No way... Is that? No... It cant be."

Anna quickly bounced back towards the market and grabbed Kat by her hoof and pulled her towards the crowd.

"Anna, whats going on?"

"You'll never believe this until you see it but there is a batpony and a Minotaur right here"

As they got the the front of the market they realized that they were the only ponys going towards them rather then away from them. Kat stood in the way of the bat pony and stopped her in her tracks, she seemed very uncomfortable so Kat decided to try and cheer her up.

"Hi, im Kat. Very nice to meet you"

she noticed the Minotaur as well and bounded towards her, not even giving the batpony a chance to react.

"Hi, im Kat. Very nice to meet you as well"

16. Sir Dave of Dave

Posted with permission from Heartless Angel

Rhi was so surprised by the sudden appearance of a pony willingly talking to her in rather loud tones that she snapped her wings shut and made a little involuntary squeaking noise. "...me? I'm, um, fine, how're you, uhh... Katrina? Katy? Kat?"

17. Bronti97

Kat tilts her head to the side, showing an obviously confused expression.

"Are you ok? you seem a little down, i wouldnt let Pinkie Pie see you like this else she might bring out the cannon"

Kat looked towards the Minotaur that also looked sad.

"
    Anything i can do to help you two?"

Anna walked in to see what chaos Kat is causing with the the new ponys, Kat looks like she is having fun, but they dont seem to share the same expression.

18. Mista Squishy

Anna looked at the pony with a confused expression

"i'm... Fine, thanks" she replied then have a look to Rhiala as if to say 'is this normal?' Before turning her attention back to the peculiar pony.

"we're just trying to get through this crowd without me bumping into anypony" Anna bounced the sack in her arms to help get a better grip, turning to Rhiala once again "we should keep moving, this sack is getting awkward to carry"

19. Bronti97

Kat jumps up.

"Ooo I can help"

She walks in front of them, trying to move pony's out the way so that they have a clear walk through. Anna also flies behind the Minotaur and lifts the back of the sack, making it lighter for her. as they are walking through the crowd Anna notices time to try and make conversation

"So, do you two have a name?"

20. Aethelberdia

"Well, I do." Rhiala was starting to loosen up, what with all the nonhostile ponies and such talking to her. She drew herself up to her full, if somewhat unimpressive, height and said, "Rhiala Kheros, at your service. Unless you'd prefer someone else to help. That's fine too."
    Rhiala folded her wings and looked at the new arrivals, head cocked to one side. "Why are you two talking to me, anyway? I'd have thought you'd have places to go."