1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Loganberry, 26 December 2014.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Looks like some of us (especially Midlands/S England) are in for a mini-heatwave over the next couple of days. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see quite a few places exceed 30 °C on Tuesday. Then a fairly high risk of a thundery breakdown, with fresher -- but still bright and fairly dry -- weather to end the week. Could be worse, really. Better than the endless autumn that's comprised most of the last year!

2. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Greeeaaaat...

Apologies to those who like warm weather. I'm sure you have your reasons, but heatwaves just make me a grumpy gus sometimes. Still, I guess it's a good break from cloudy rainstorms.

3. Loganberry

Well, on the plus side, with the setup as it is, if we didn't have this mini-heatwave then we wouldn't have the bright, fresher weather at the end of the week. I can't say I'm a huge fan of it being very hot either, though as you say it does make a change. Low 20s, sunshine and a light breeze is my perfect summer weather.

DerpyWhooves and Thorn like this.
  4. Untitled_Dot_V

Untitled_Dot_V Beep Ba Beeeep!

This is how hot it was earlier: I put butter on some bread, 2 minutes later. IT MELTED. AT ROOM TEMPERATURE

It's too hot x.x

5. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I'm no fan of very hot weather, but like very cold weather I think we should have at least a couple of weeks of it just to make the season valid. What I really hate is average weather.

6. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

Well it's certainly very warm in East Grinstead today. Still it gives me practice for when I go to Spain next Tuesday.

7. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Ditto :)

The predicted weather in the 30s scares me a bit. 100ºF (approx. 38ºC) was mentioned on the telly earlier. That's the temperature of a nice bath. I do not want the air to be the temperature of my bath!

8. Loganberry

I can't quite see that being reached tomorrow -- after all, the all-time UK record is 38.5 °C (in August 2003). I do think we're now virtually certain to get well into the 30s, though -- and the Midlands could well be among the hottest places. It depends a bit on how much sun we get, but 32+ isn't that unlikely.

Then thunderstorms increasingly possible later. It's actually a very similar setup to the one on 1 July last year, and I recorded 32.1 °C on that day.

9. DerpyWhooves

32°C is forecast for today and there's possible thundery showers forecast for tonight and tomorrow so that sounds about right. The 100°C thing I only heard a bit of so I don't know where that's meant to be. They usually get hotter down south, so it's maybe London.

10. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I felt the need to wear my sunglasses on my walk to work :cool:. Not a single cloud in the sky this morning. Forecast is saying 32°C late afternoon.

#350 Oilyvalves, 19 July 2016
    Last edited: 19 July 2016
  11. abrony-mouse

abrony-mouse (not) Flawless

your princess enjoys this 'warm' :D

12. Loganberry

Over 25 °C before 10 o'clock this morning. That's very, very unusual. If the sun stays out, it's going to be a very hot day here in Worcestershire!

As far as thunder goes, by tomorrow it could be much more severe than thundery showers. If you remember the severe thunderstorms a few years ago when there was an almighty storm in this region around dawn, with flash flooding and large hail, that's the sort of thing I mean. It may not happen at all, and even if it does it may be elsewhere, but best to be prepared!

13. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock wants a dragon boyfriend

I should hope not!

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  14. DerpyWhooves

Derp :p For once when people described the temperature as 'boiling' they would've been right!

15. Loganberry

Phew... topped out at 33.3 °C here, which is indeed the hottest in these parts for ten years. It's still 28 °C now, at half past eight! Looks like a very muggy and uncomfortable night for sleeping, unfortunately.

16. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

The heat is a tad excessive, but I still prefer it to the usual endless grey and drizzle. It feels a lot more cheerful.

Loganberry and DerpyWhooves like this.
  17. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

It's been too hot at work today, one of the staff past out due to the heat.

18. DerpyWhooves

Were they ok? Was there somewhere cooler they could go and recover?

19. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

She's ok when I left, it just happened just before my shift ended. The only cool place at work is on the shop floor.

20. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

It was the opposite of freezing cold today.