1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Loganberry, 26 December 2014.

1. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Today it's about 20% cooler in Derby than it was yesterday. Literally.

You're welcome.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  2. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Wish I could say the same - it's currently 29C at Irregular Towers and I'm not enjoying it one little bit; the heat is playing havoc with my blood sugar levels (hydration, and the pursuit thereof)

On the plus side, it looks we're in for a serious storm so that might knock the edge of things a bit.

I shouldn't complain, but I'm British dammit - I'm not designed for this sort of weather!

Rainbow_puts_magnifying_glass_over_sunlight_S5E5.png

DerpyWhooves and Oilyvalves like this.
  3. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I woke up to a thunderstorm this morning. The rain was torrential and we even had some hail. :eek:

4. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

An unexpectedly hot day here -- I was expecting maybe 27 °C but we actually maxed out at 30.9 °C! Thankfully a breeze got up in the early evening and it's much fresher now, though still pleasant. No storms here, though there were some not a million miles away in Shropshire.

That looks like it as far as really brutal heat is concerned -- not necessarily for the summer, but certainly for a little while. It looks reasonable for here for the next few days, with temps in the low 20s and not much rain, though the further N and W you go the more unsettled it's likely to be.

5. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

I was gonna say how hot and humid it has been here in New Jersey, but the pic in @Irregular Apocalypse's post sums up what's exactly happening.
    No joke, between the heat and humidity here, it feels like it's over 100F (37C). Having asthma, I've been mostly stuck in my A/C room for the past day or so.

6. Hot Wings

Hot Wings Honorary Pony

It's been raining on and off lately. I find it very difficult for me to go outside and enjoy myself.

7. Loganberry

Here's the sum total of the snow we had here, taken a short distance from where I live. This was as deep as it got! Nevertheless, still the first covering of any kind I've seen for nearly two years, as we had zilch last winter apart from a couple of sleet showers. I know some other places had quite a bit more snow, but in these parts even this much is an event! :p

Attached Files:

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  8. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

There was a light (and I do mean light) covering here this morning ...

16002768_10154386141531636_9151337752781595164_n.jpg

... the chaos that invariably ensued meant that it took me 2.5hrs to get to work as a result.

Of course, the snow has pretty much thawed now ...

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  9. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

As yes, an outbreak of snow which means a sudden flurry of activity on this thread. ;)

We had a moderate dusting in Derby, but the sun had burnt away most of it by mid morning.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  10. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

So there was heavy snow predicted for yesterday evening but it never really came to anything.

Then this morning when there was no snow predicted we got some very heavy snow for most of this morning, it settled and we got a good covering.

Now it's stopped, the sun's come out and it's all melted.

Oilyvalves likes this.
  11. Silver Swift

Silver Swift New Pony

I wish the weather would make up its mind. Friday and Saturday it snowed (didn't settle though) and I went out for a run today, and after 5 minutes wish I hadn't put on a jumper, it felt like late March more than February. I'm not complaining about it getting warmer mind, I just wish it was easier to predict so I know if coats/jumpers are needed XD

12. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

It was nice to see the sun today, I can hardly remember the last time, makes all the difference. I'm not one to complain about the weather normally but you can get fed up with it if the same weather goes on for too long...

Silver Swift likes this.
  13. Silver Swift

Silver Swift New Pony

I think it depends on the weather - if it is non-stop rain and cold, then yeah Imwill get fed up with it, but if it's non-stop sunshine and warmth, then I'll be much less likely to get tired of it XD

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  14. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

No difference for me, easy to forget now but given a couple of weeks of sun and it's surprisingly easy to complain about it being too hot all the time. :p But I try not to, best just to appreciate the weather for what it is I think.

DerpyWhooves and Silver Swift like this.
  15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

Last week I got soaked and frozen, this week it was freezing cold winds.

16. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

It was nice taking my dog out in the sun today after yesterday's freezing cold winds. It's still blustery today but thankfully not as chilly. It's not often I feel the cold!

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  17. Loganberry

I can't say being too hot is something I usually worry about in February, even when it's sunny -- today it was, but there was also a pretty cold wind. I like winter when it's either snowy or bright and cold, but I'm starting to be in the mood for a bit of early spring now. It should warm up later this week for most of us, at least, though rain may be a problem especially in the west.

Silver Swift and DerpyWhooves like this.
  18. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I was thinking more about it being sunny in the summer, if it's clear out at this time of year it's most likely to be cold.

But yes, early spring would be nice.

Silver Swift and DerpyWhooves like this.
  19. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

The wind has died down here today. I actually had to take my fleece off because it was too hot for the first time since last year. Is spring beginning to spring?

Silver Swift likes this.
  20. Silver Swift

Silver Swift New Pony

I hope it is, I'm getting bored of the cold!!!!

Robshi likes this.