1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Everfree Time For Change

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by IndigoStevie, 4 September 2012.

1. IndigoStevie

IndigoStevie Hero of Time

Blink Swift dived into the bushes as the two ponies stopped. He had been following them through the forest for days and was sure they were lost, as a ranger he had a great sense of direction and knew they had been walking in circles. The ponies looked like those he had seen in Ponyville on numerous occasions, but something was off and his keen eye told him they were... Changelings!

2. Derpadar

Derpadar Blitzkrieg is best invasion tactic.

Electron walked down deeper into the forest, it was a usual day for him, going across the Everfree, searching for whatever unusual ingredients he could fine. Today, it seemed he had hit a stroke of luck, he had covered almost everything on his scavenge list, except for one item. It was hopeless searching for it here, he would need to go deeper into the ancient forest, he wouldn't have long, he remember the last time he stayed into the Everfree into the night.

As he was preparing to move further he noticed two ponies chatting discreetly, he didn't want to butt in on their businesses but it looked like they were having trouble with navigation.

"Excuse me! may I Assist you in helping your way around the For...."

His greeting was met by a stern look and a hiss. Another pony never usually had THAT type of greeting before, but something was odd, Electron got a clearer view of their faces, he knew them, they knew him, these were his friends!

"What in the name of Celestia...."

He had to say no more before they slowly advanced on him.

3. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

Of all the sensations that could run through the mind of a pegasus tussled up in a forest. A pain in Silvarrn's head was of the very least to be a expected sensation for one kidnapped and hung upside down in a tree branch. Instead he felt weak and tired with almost no physical pain. A quick look of his surroundings showed him another pony tied up slightly further away from him, who was also hanging from a tree.
    Several options seemed plausible to him; The first being escape from wherever he was, the second to wake up the other pony and to try and escape together and the third was to sit tight where he was and hope someone would provide him some help. After all, he still seemed to be wearing his flight suit and that was sure to catch the eye of anypony wandering nearby.

"Nah, waiting will take too long" he mumbled to himself as he tugged at the goo holding him trapped to the tree. After a few minutes of gnawing he finally broke free and fell to the ground. It wasn't tiredness that made him feel tired and unwilling to move, but almost an emptiness of passion or drive to try and escape, so he lay on the ground waiting for either his captor's to return or for anypony to find him.

4. IndigoStevie

The two changelings hadn't moved for a while and Blink was sure they knew of his presence, when suddenly, a white unicorn came out of the woods ahead of them.

"Thank Celestia" He muttered under his breath, taking care not to be heard.

He watched closely as the unicorn approached the changelings, he recognised him, a regular in the Everfree. Blink secretly hoped that the changelings would stay in disguise and leave the unicorn alone, but he doubted it.

The changelings hissed and approached the stallion, Blink went to intercept but was hit with a better idea, perhaps the changelings weren't lost, maybe they were looking for someone. If that was the case then hopefully they would head back and he could get to the bottom of this once and for all.

5. Derpadar

Electron backed away, but the two odd ponies continued following him, it was obvious now that they weren't going to leave him any time soon, they both seemed to have a evil intention in their eyes. He needed to react quickly, he concentrated and a small light emitted from his horn, it quickly intensified and temporarily blinded them both. He took advantage of the situation and quickly tripped one over. Suddenly, a odd green light seemed to cover his body, turning his previously orange skin into a rough, holey black hide, his wings seemed to turn into those of a bug's and a almost broken horn appeared on his face. It was no doubt he was a Changeling.

"What are they doing in the fores......"

He was interrupted in his thoughts by a large metal sound and a extreme pain in his head, he seemed to have forgot about the second one, who had already recovered from the spell and turned back into his original form, he had pulled out a blunt sword and gave him a heavy bludgeon to the head, it seemed obvious that he was trying to knock him unconscious. Electron slumped to the ground, feeling weak and dazed, the changeling prepared to give the final knock-out blow. The sword was almost at his head when he finally managed to bring up all the magic he could and stop and levitate it halfway. The unicorn's magic and the changeling's strength were about matched, but with a blow dealt to him already, he knew he couldn't last long.

"h-H-HELP!"

6. IndigoStevie

Blink couldn't help himself, he was duty bound to help anypony in need, even if he had to break his cover. He charged the nearest changling (one with a sword) and using his small stature to his advantage, slid beneath him and rose to full height as quick as possible. The changeling went flying and crashed into the branches of a tree where he lay, unconscious. He knew he would have to act fast if he was to get a safe distance before either changeling woke up, he helped the unicorn to his feet.

"No time for introductions, let's move"

He darted off into the forest and checked that the unicorn was following, he was but at a slower pace than Blink had hoped. He slowed his own pace so that the unicorn didn't get lost and headed towards the edge of the forest.

7. Derpadar

Electron was about to give up. He couldn't keep this up for any longer, but all out of the dark a ranger seemed to appear from nowhere and sent the thing flying, the figure then helped him up to his feet, he was going to thank him, but he didn't want to stay in this spot for a second longer. Changeling's never move to a place alone, they are just like hives of bees. As a precautionary, he grabbed the Changeling's sword (Which felt more like a short-sword in his hooves) and continued to follow the ranger, he was fast. Electron wasn't a bad runner himself, but whiteing out every few seconds and general exhaustion didn't help, after a while, he slowed down and tossed quick notes at him.

"We can talk outside the forest. There will be more of them."

8. IndigoStevie

Just as they neared the edge of the forest, Blink turned to face the unicorn,

"You're lucky I was nearby, ponies have been going missing lately and I was sent to find out why. Now please tell me what you are doing here?"

He noticed that the unicorn looked tired and, to be honest, like he was about to pass out.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little worried. What's your name?"

9. Derpadar

Electron stopped with the other pony, glad to finally have to stop, he laid down, caught his breath and replied to him, this time in full sentences.

"My name's Dawn Springwaters. But everyone calls me Electron, I was just finding some ingredients, I didn't know anything about disappearing ponies. Suddenly there were these two people I know and well.... you know the rest of the story"

The truth was that he knew about the threat Changeling's posed to Equestria years ago, due to their extreme infiltration ability, nobody really noticed until the royal wedding. That changed everything, but the main question was why are there Changeling's in the Everfree? It holds no tactical advantage and taking it over would only create something nopony wanted to go in for, most people didn't go in it anyway.

"Thank you anyway, you don't think the real versions of those two are missing? who knows what else they could have got, there could be spies everywhere!"

His paranoia grew, he knew the person next to him wasn't one, but now a relative or a friend could stab him in the back. He dazed out for a moment and returned.

"Anyway, this is a matter of security, anyway I could help you? I mean... not right now, I'm pretty good with magic and I'm good with research but.... if you don't need me I can go now."

He pulled himself up and grew slightly disorientated, if he was going to help, he needed to wait until tomorrow.

10. IndigoStevie

He was secretly glad that the pony had offered his services, although he would never admit it. If his suspicions were correct he would need all the help he could get.

"Your help would be most welcome, but for now we should rest. I have a camp a short trot away, do you feel strong enough to get there?"

He looked at the pony curiously, even though the unicorn had taken quite the serious blow to the head he seemed so determined to stay conscious, yes, this pony would be a good ally for this mission.
    Blink pulls a canteen from beneath his cloak, takes a quick sip and offers it to the pony beside him.

"Here, drink up, I have plenty back at camp."

11. Derpadar

Electron took a quick drink, it helped him steady his nerves.

"Yeah, I think I could make it."

He then returned to examine his injury, it had made a slightly-seeable bump on his forehead, it didn't hurt as much now but the Changeling had obviously been practising on where exactly to take down other ponies. He would feel fine in the morning. Luckily his mother wouldn't notice his absence for quite a few as she was in a near town teaching filly unicorns, even he he did try to trek all the way back home, he would black out halfway. This was quite a chance for a adventure and to be a hero.

"Well.... after you, by the way, I don't think you said what your name was."

He trotted after the pony with a slightly bad sense of direction.

12. IndigoStevie

"My name is Blink Swift, I'm one of only a few rangers in Equestria. I feel I should explain the situation a bit more but that can wait till morning when your feeling better."

Blink led the other pony a little way to a small camp that was well concealed on the edge of the forest. One tent, a firepit, a stack of logs and a small stream flowing nearby. He lit the fire and fetched a pan of water from the stream, setting the pan on the fire he turned to the unicorn.

"You can take the tent, I'll stay out here on watch for a while to be sure we weren't somehow followed. I want you up early tomorrow so we can break camp and head in a little deeper, I don't like staying in one place too long when those things could be just about anypony."

Removing his saddlebags and the mottled grey/green cloak he was wearing he took to the nearest tree, he didn't head up too high but instead found a thick branch where he could lay comfortably while still getting a god view of the area around them. If anypony did get too close he'd know long before anything could happen.

13. Derpadar

Electron finally reached the camp. Trotting behind the pony.

"Well thank you anyway, I'll see you tomorrow."

He led himself to a small tent with a bunk bed, he didn't like sleeping in the "outside" but general exhaustion and concussion took care of his problems. He managed to mumble a few words before dozing off... "Pray to Celestia they don't move into ponyville....."

14. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

it had been a while since Eiro had ventured into the forest but she had been over hearing guards throughout the town speaking of pony vanishing though they seemed to not do anything about it, she continued to stroll through the bushes keeping a keen eye on her surroundings it was clear it wasn't safe just from the feels of things but who or what caused the pony's to go missing is what bugged her, well until she came across a couple of unconscious changelings.
    "Well that explains the disappearances, but what happened to these two" she wandered staring at them "well they don't seem to be getting up anytime soon, but can never be to safe" she then took a length of rope out of her saddle bag and began to tie them both to a tree, withing a minute or so they where both attached to the tree and not going anywhere without any help.
    "ok time to..." she was cut off by the sounds of leaves looking through the bush she saw another changeling seemingly unaware of his fallen buddies but whats more he seemed to know where he was going like he was collecting something or somepony so with that she followed.
    after around half hour of walking they she came across another, but it wasn't another changeling from the goo hanging from it it was another pony with that thought in mind Eiro jumped the changeling catching it off guard making it easy to knock out cold, then rushing to the aid of the pony laying on the ground.
    "we need to get you out of here fast" she said trying to help the pony to his feet.

15. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Romero walked slowly along a dirt pathway somewhere in the innermost parts of Everfree forest. Ponyville was an absolute bust. He had actually spent more money than earned during his tenure there, and didn't have money for a train ticket to Canterlot. Fortunately, he had met a couple of ponies from Ponyville willing to lend a helping hoof. Unlike the majority of ponies in Equestria, these ponies took pity on the somewhat-crude, afflicted, Riversdalian. They told him that there was a short cut to Canterlot, and if he hurried, he could get there before nightfall.

Well, the sun was setting and he had no idea where he was. He had heard stories of some of the beastly creatures that lurked the in the woods after dark, but Romero saw them as rubbish. They we nothing more than stories told by frustraited parents in order to keep thier foals from wandering about in the forest at night. However, it was getting late, and Romero wasn't looking forward to sleeping in the mud. He's had to rough it before, and it looked like he might have to do it again.

Romero found a tree trunk, and sat there. He had glad to be off his hooves for a while. He took off his saddlebag and started rummaging though it. Map. Map. Map. I need to find my map. The sun finally set. The forest grew dim. Thank godness I brought a flashlight! Romero gave up looking for his map, and turn his flashlight on. He was shoked by how ominous Everfree looked after dark. Romero put his saddlebag back on. He continued on the dirt path ahead of him, unaware of the danger all around him.

#15 Rare80, 11 November 2012
    Last edited: 11 November 2012
  16. Derpadar

A sudden noise startled and awoke the unicorn. He arose from his bedroll silently and peeked outside. It was dark, really dark, and Blink had seemed to doze off. Still fatigued from being started from sleep. He grabbed his makeshift sword and emanated a small light, lighting the nearby area, he moved slowly into the forest, expecting the worst, not moving too far. He picked up or at least thought he picked up something, he turned around the swirling trees and questioned in his best gruffish voice.

"Who goes there?"

17. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Romero had been walking for what seemed like an eternity. He couldn't see much beyond the light of his flashlight. His hooves ached. Every step he took hurt like knives stabbing into his legs. Even the grass he walked on hurt his hooves. Wait a minute... grass? Romero realised that somehow along the way he had ventured off the dirt path. Romero stopped walking, and looked around for any sort of clues to where he is. He pointed his flashlight amongst the trees, but then saw... nothing! He abrupty spat his flashlight out of his mouth. The batteries were dead. He doubted if potassium hydroxide compound used to fuel the battery, was even a thought in this strange land. He realised that he likely just wore out the last two AA Alkaline batteries in all of Equestria.

Romero let out a large groan. "Why is this always happening to me?!?" Romero growled at the darkness around him. A bad day, and a long walk had made him quite grouchy. He picked up his flashlight and stored it in his green saddlebag. Romero decided to look for a clearing in the forest, or if he was lucky, a dirt trail so he could curl up and sleep for the night.

After walking for a considerable amount of time, he heard something rustling in the trees. That, or he was simply going crazy. No. He heard it again. What the hay is out there? He stood still, entire forest seemingly being silent. Then he heard a weak, pathetic, slightly raspy voice say. "Who goes there?" Romero didn't have time for games. He quickly snapped back. "None of your business!" The irritated, tired, weak, sleepy stallion waited for a reply. In his mind anyway, he was prepared for anything.

18. Derpadar

Electron waited for a reply, a sharp pony replied "None of your business!" at the sound of that he leaped towards the source of the reply and came across a rather annoyed brown earth pony, he knew he didn't have any power over the situation he was currently in, he stared at the earth pony and got straight to the point.

".....Uh..Listen to me!, do you know how dangerous it is in this forest at the time? Th-there are...uh... changelings around here!"

Electron took thought at the changeling presence in the forest. He looked at the pony he had revealed everything to and stood back in worry, he put his hoof on his sword. Waiting for a reply...... or a ambush.

19. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Somepony leapt out of the bushes in the forest into Romero general direction. He was amused to find out at it was just a young colt. Because of the darkness in the forest, couldn't see much of anything else. The colt spoke up.

"Uh... Listen to me! Do you know how dangerous it is in this forest at the time? Th-there are...uh... changelings around here!"

The kid listens to his parents, but obviously not very well. Kids can be difficult at that age I guess. Romero thought. "Look, I'm not scared of any Umus or Wah-Wahs or whatever else is out here. I'm just horrilby, hor-ri-bly lost. If you could point me in the direction of Canterlot. I'll be on my way." Romero waited for a reply. Then he realised that the colt had his hoof at his hip. He couldn't see what he was going for, so Romero took a couple of steps back. He could have a knife or something. I think he's old enough to where if I deck him hard, I wont feel to bad about it. He stared back at the pony expecting the worst.

20. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

as Eiro was lifting the exhausted stallion onto her back to carry him she caught sight of a small light in the distance it wasn't much but it didn't have the same dark presence that a changeling would emanate, with that in mind she began to head towards the light with caution of her surroundings "considering the condition of the forest now, who in their right mind would pretty much create a beacon to their location" she muttered to herself as it wasn't long before she began to hear voices aswell not only those for the source of the light but others from behind, right now it wasn't in her best interests to fight them so she picked up her pace to get to the source of light.