1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Time to resurrect the Trans thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Dax, 18 July 2013.

1. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

Ditto. I believe the term is Gender Fluid (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gender fluid) if you care for labels.

2. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

3. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

Saw that earlier, go them! ^^

4. FireSparkle

FireSparkle A Deer Friend

5. Recurrent Trotting

Recurrent Trotting Do you feel the same?

full support for trans-ponies! not trans myself but been around people with various gender-orientations enough to know that it isn't easy
    [​IMG]and yes I know only one applies :p

FireSparkle likes this.
  6. RainbowStar

RainbowStar Active Pony

Hi... Um, I have questioned my gender a number of times, and still aren't sure. I like sweet scents like flowers and fruit, and I love dresses. But parents found out (transphobic and homophobic), and binned my clothes...

7. Deadpanda

Deadpanda 'Baby Arm' Wilkins

That's totally out of line!
    I expect it's also, at least in part, down to ignorance.
    Drop me a message if you do want to talk about it or whatever :).

Ogad, i'm not going to be able to look at a penis in the same way ever again :')

8. RainbowStar

RainbowStar Active Pony

I've always had a thing for soft and sweet things, and I hate rough and tumble stuff. I'm also quite maternal and am great with kids... And, um..... It's always been a dream of mine to carry a child... >//////////<

9. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

You'd be surprised how many regular men have often given deep thought about what child birth is like. Though, take my advice, do not watch the movie "Junior" starring Arnold Schwarzennegger. If you're that curious about it, just watch the Nostalgia Critic review.

The thought's crossed my mind as well, strangely enough but if I'm honest, I don't really want to be a parent. It's not that I don't like children, I just don't think I'd be good at raising a child.

10. Cavatina

Cavatina Made with 101% snuggles!

11. FireSparkle

FireSparkle A Deer Friend

Just a quick update from me. I've handed in my statement required to apply for funding from the PCT for hormones and things! SO EXCITED!! :D
    Hopefully, this will be possible one day. Science has already allowed the transplant of a womb of a woman who needed a replacement. I don't think a transplant to a transwoman is too far off :)

Deadpanda likes this.
  12. blissfully✮oblivious

blissfully✮oblivious Supreme Commander, Cat, My own rule 63, etc.

I suspect that's still a good decade or so away. When it does come, it will almost certainly come in the form of transplanting a uterus that has been "grown" from that particular person's stem cells, since doing it that way overcomes the issue of where to get the uterus from and also eliminates the risk that it will be rejected (though of course, even if the transplant works it will remain to be seen if the organ does the job as any other uterus would). It'll only after that is proven to work will transplantation will start to become truly mainstream practice as far as sex-reassignment surgery is concerned.

As an aside, unless I'm misremembering, I believe they did try giving Lili/Lily Elbe (who I believe was the first, or at least one of the first, trans people to receive sex-reassignment surgery back in the 30s) a uterus and ovaries with the intention that she might be able to become a mother. I think it was largely a failure though, and unfortunately she died as a result of the transplant being rejected.

Cavatina likes this.
  13. Wisdom Pen

Wisdom Pen Residential Philosopher and Wizard of Lincoln

Well there has already been many advancements in that field and its even be theorised that a male r TWomen could actually carry ca child nowdays using Ectopic Pregnancy however this is very dangerous and if done wrong could result in the death of both the child and mother due to the nature of Ectopic Pregnancy (its where a fertilised embryo rather than latching onto the womb wall attatches to some other part of the body.

14. Arlo

Arlo Explosions

Ectopic Pregnancies don't develop into babies. They die before it gets to that stage, cause you quite severe pain and if it does get to a point where it can grow, it'll rupture whichever part of your body (usually the fallopian tubes) it's attached to, as the womb is the only location in a body that can expand alongside a foetus. Everything else will burst.

15. Wisdom Pen

Wisdom Pen Residential Philosopher and Wizard of Lincoln

Pretty much yeah, but they were theorising using the abdomen for its expandability, and removing the foetus via caesarean to prevent any major ruptures but yeah it probably wouldnt work.

#35 Wisdom Pen, 31 July 2013
    Last edited: 3 June 2014
  16. Yulaiyre

Yulaiyre Pony

well, I shall just come out and say it, I'm transsexual. My friends and parents all know about it and are really supportive. I've been taking hormones for about three months now and everything is going great. I have so much respect for trans men and women who go through so much to be who they want to be, I've had a relatively easy transition I guess..even though it's still ongoing, but regardless, much love to them :3

heres a pretty recent pic of me, since others were doing it.
    946272_193557844142574_428565111_n.jpg

17. Cavatina

Cavatina Made with 101% snuggles!

Beautiful :3 Glad it's going well for you.

Hmmm, this last week (or 2 weeks really) have probably been the worst of my transition so far. I've not had the money to pursue the things I could do, and for the stuff that I cant do (like start seeing the gender therapise) i'm just...waiting on a referral. This state of limbo is awful... I think I felt happier before I even started in october. Oh well, just gotta push through and hope it's worth it in the end ^^

18. Yulaiyre

Yulaiyre Pony

Thank you :3 and yeah...waiting is the worst part in my opinion, just stuck in that inbetween place...I think it's the feeling of just not progressing that really gets to you. But the thing that helped me get through it was the thought of actually making some real progress at the end ^^ that I was taking some real steps to change how I am <3

Dax likes this.
  19. Captain Fezz

Captain Fezz The Captain's on deck!

Personally I give all of this my full support, freedom is actually one of the few things I'm truly passionate about

I believe everyone is entitled to be completely true to themselves, whether that applies to your sexuality, gender, choice in interests or clothing, anything

We're defined by who we are not the parts that make us up, point I'm getting at is I respect everyone with the guts to be true to themselves and despite the ignorance out there not let the close minded idiots stand in the way of your own happiness

(Well that was a lot of serious from me, excuse me while I go and do something utterly ridiculous to restore the universe to balance)

20. Ultraboy94

Ultraboy94 I forgot how to productivity.

One one hand, I feel there's nothing wrong with it and I support everyone who decides to go through with this, it's their choice and everyone has the right to do what makes them happy so long as noone else is unwillingly hurt by doing so.

On the other hand, I'm going to honestly throw my hand up and say I still don't fully 'get' it. Maybe it's one of those things I'm just not going to fully understand unless I had ever considered it myself, maybe I'm still a stubborn disgusting human being deep down or something. But if it's society's fault that people feel they are uncomfortable in their body because of gender stereotypes in place, isn't transitioning just conforming to society once more by putting yourself into the other gender's stereotypical roles? It would make sense to just do girly things but going through medical procedures to change your gender to feel more comfortable with doing girly things? Isn't that changing yourself to better fit the gender-stereotypical society, rather than changing the gender-stereotypical society to better fit everyone?

I don't know, feel free to flame me into oblivion if I'm just being ignorant. I just had to get my thoughts out somewhere. I support you guys with all my heart, I still just question it, and I know my one question is only a tiny piece of the whole pie here.