1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Time to resurrect the Trans thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Dax, 18 July 2013.

1. Arlo

Arlo Explosions

Imagine feeling you had a vagina down there instead of your penis, like, literally feeling like you do, except, it doesn't actually look like one, and vice versa. That's what it is. It's not "conforming to gender roles", it's feeling like your physical body doesn't match how it FEELS it should be. Looking at your body and seeing breasts/penis/vagina makes you feel physically sick and hate yourself, and some people get so far as to feel they have to cut these pieces off. It's a bit more than "uncomfortable in their body", it's that their body makes them hate themselves and feel sick just thinking about it.

Becca likes this.
  2. Ultraboy94

Ultraboy94 I forgot how to productivity.

And now im starting to get a better understanding. Thankyou.

Arlo likes this.
  3. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

Thorn likes this.
  4. Yulaiyre

Yulaiyre Pony

the thing is, transgendered people are born with the wrong brain, for example, their brain is female, but the body is male, and vice versa in transmen. It is not about liking girly things, heck, I like lots violent videogames and I quite like working on things with my hands, fixing things and working with cars etc. I mean, yeah I have feminine interests too, but that's not why we feel wrong. It can be as extreme as Arlo described, I know myself I was very close to slicing off my own genitals, but there are also cases where it is not so extreme, but gender dysphoria is a real bitch some days..and it doesn't stop until your sex matches your gender.

Princess Celestia likes this.
  5. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

There's a Tumblr blog called Glitter Shell, which is a MtF Snails, quite cute if I say so myself. Anyway, there's a post on there I've quite liked which compares the situation to Wearing Socks. If you're wearing the wrong socks, you can put another on over the top to make it look like you fit in, but you're still wearing the wrong socks.

FireSparkle, Deadpanda, Dax and 3 others like this.
  6. Yulaiyre

Yulaiyre Pony

I've seen that post. though I'm not sure it's a good comparison. I mean it's a great post for quickly explaining how it is to be transgendered, But I think it would be more a case of (if we are using the sock scenario) at first, you are unsure of how to wear the socks over the socks you are already wearing, people would poke fun at you for wearing socks that are not meant for them, their body wouldn't fit the socks right, as they weren't designed for them, there's a risk of getting beaten up or even killed if the wrong people find out you are wearing the wrong socks. And even though wearing them makes you feel a little better, you still hate your body for not being what it's supposed to be, because you know those socks were not meant for your body.

or something.

7. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

Of course, I wouldn't dare claim to be an expert on this topic, whie the idea had crossed my mind years back, it wasn't until a close friend of mine decided they wanted to now be a She that I really decided to look into the issue. I just find that it's a nice little comic to explain the concept.

We, as humans, just really don't fully understand the concept and we're always afraid of that which we don't understand

Dax and Yulaiyre like this.
  8. Yulaiyre

Yulaiyre Pony

of course, I didn't mean to imply that you were perhaps overstepping boundaries and whatnot. Like I said it is a nice comic. Sorry, it's just I had lot of people link me to that comic when I told them about myself. It kinda made me feel it was making light off the situation, even though I know that was not the artists intention and I don't blame them for it. It's just when you get shown it over and over and people are just like 'so it's just about you wearing girls clothes when you're a boy?'

and yeah I get that. it is very hard to understand the concept of feeling wrong in your own body, as a person who has never experienced it couldn't imagine what it is like.

Silvarrn likes this.
  9. Arlo

Arlo Explosions

I thought you meant an MtF Snail and was really excited at the prospect of a transgendered snail blog.

Then I remembered Snails are hermaphrodites.

Partytime, FireSparkle, Becca and 5 others like this.
  10. Deadpanda

Deadpanda 'Baby Arm' Wilkins

That is a very interesting thought. One I hadn't considered =)

I also love the sock analogy ^.^

11. Ultraboy94

Ultraboy94 I forgot how to productivity.

...Sock analogy?

12. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

The one Silvy posted a few posts up.

Deadpanda likes this.
  13. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

Actual Comic that I was referring to

As has been said, it's not the clearest Of explanations, but I still like it[​IMG]

14. Omega Sprinkle

Omega Sprinkle The Adjectiveless

Transitioning male to female transgender. Unlike a lot of people I don't have a 'Bob mode', my legal name is Abigail but unfortunately I'm too fat and ugly to ever pass and get a lot of rude reactions at work (retail). :(
    http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/inkpwn/966356_164457603736582_1767244406_o_zps1ca9fc9d.jpg

Did get an awesome old hippy compliment ms on my nails the other day 'Love the nail varnish, dare to be different I say. I'm supposed be an OAP but I'm still a hippy at heart. Gotta stand out to get noticed in this world.'
    Brought genuine tears to my eyes, love that guy so much. ^^

15. Yulaiyre

Yulaiyre Pony

that's a very sweet story ^^

and umm....you changed your name before you could pass?

16. Arlo

Arlo Explosions

Grow your hair out a bit, it'd look lovely :)
    I wouldn't say you couldn't pass at all, but you do have to be willing to put the time in, which can be a struggle, but after a little while it becomes a habit and pretty standard.

Dax and Yulaiyre like this.
  17. Omega Sprinkle

Yup hate my old name, it digs at me like a curse word.

@Arlo, oh I'm more than aware. Been 'active' for about seven months now, that photos a couple months old. Been growing my hair put since September. :/

Yulaiyre likes this.
  18. Captain Fezz

Captain Fezz The Captain's on deck!

I know that feelin', I can't stand using my actual name (tis why most of my friends and even people I've dated have no idea to this day what it is), can't say mines for the same reason just eh

I associate my real name with who I was before and for better or worse I'm much happier with the person I've grown into in the past few years, plus it makes an awesome alias

19. Omega Sprinkle

20. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

Pretty C:
    I remember seeing a couple of pics of you without the glasses back in March/April, and, whilst this is personal opinion, I think you look better without them ^^