1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Time to resurrect the Trans thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Dax, 18 July 2013.

1. Omega Sprinkle

Omega Sprinkle The Adjectiveless

At least you have a decent education, I'm jobless, passionless, lonely, penniless and swamped with debt. Got to compete with a couple hundred people for each job I apply for which is awesome when you're a bipolar transitioning transgender 'cus you know, I'm employee material *whamp whomp*.
    Twenty years three years of failure, a life without direction, meaning you or anything to hold on to. Yup, I wanna die. Pretty fun existence when you're acutely aware of the fact that your alive because even your suicide attempts fail.
    Got a bill in front off me £5869, a loan someone else signed in my name, money I will never see but will cost me the equivalent of a years work, heck, I worked fifty hour weeks this month at my now defunct job and you know what happened? Higher tax bracket, lost all that extra work to tax, all that time and effort, gone. Yup, life sure is grand for Abi the hideous mental stooge.

2. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

No-one will be 'one-upping' anyone and if they do those posts will be removed to keep this thread on topic. This thread is to give support for those going through some tough life stuff and things can get heated, but the key point of this thread is support.

Java, Dylia, PlaidSlurpee and 6 others like this.
  3. PlaidSlurpee

PlaidSlurpee Well-Known Pony

I agree, I'd rather keep this thread on-topic and not turn into some drama-fest. Heck, we're all going through the same thing one way or another - I'm sure we can all pitch in and find some way to support eachother during this time.

4. Omega Sprinkle

OK then, help me. I need support, not just for all that I said in the previous post because while that may be my harsh reality another truth is that when I opened myself up, revealed to you my feelings of self destruction I was accused of doing so in an effort to 'one up' someone. I need support and I need a hand, the jury rigged razor blades I owned didn't make themselves you know, I need help but when I lay myself bare I get false accusations thrown back at me. That hurts, that really hurts.

5. PlaidSlurpee

I think the whole "one-up" thing was a misundering, it seemed to be in a more of a joking tone to me, casual banter and what not. But if you are worried about education, you could apply for various courses, get paid weekly (though very little), and try and branch out your qualifications. And the whole lonelyness thing, you just need some friends which understand you well enough, heck, I have a bunch of friends who are rather encouraging when it comes to my transition. Just keep your head up for now, look on the bright side and apply for as many jobs as you can

Wisdom Pen likes this.
  6. Omega Sprinkle

I am searching, no one wants me. I'm in a position where I can't afford to live if I don't work full time, Henrys debt makes sure of that, so getting back into education isn't going to happen either.

7. PlaidSlurpee

Do you have any family which can help? Like could your parents lend you some money until you find a job? While you're searching for a job you could even try volunteer work somewhere just to get some experience and become more employable.
    If you've tried suicide - I suggest going to the doctors for some sort of meds or therapy. A good friend of mine was on meds for a while after failed suicide attempts and he hasn't even tried to harm himself in over two years, it's worth a try.

8. Omega Sprinkle

My parents are on the bread line, my mums overworked (70+ hour weeks) and my Dad is out of work so no luck there. As for meds, no, never. My fault is not with my perception of reality but with the overbearing weight of it. I refuse to take anything that will change my perception to a falsehood simple for my own protection, I will never overcome my problems if I pretend they don't exist or start taking something that makes me feel that problems are not issues. My mother was on meds that practically zombified here, turned her numb to the world, I'm not doing that to myself.

9. PlaidSlurpee

Ah, I see, that's perfectly understandable. It is a bit of a situation you're in, I do hope you feel better soon. Sadly I am out ideas for the current moment, but do try and keep yourself safe until something comes up.

10. Wisdom Pen

Wisdom Pen Residential Philosopher and Wizard of Lincoln

You could always do what I do when the worries etc. get to me and just take time to find a nice quiet place to just sit quietly and empty your mind and remind yourself that

"we cant change the past for it is already gone and though we could spend every second of every day planning and preparing for the future even the most simplest things can alter it and destroy those plans and even then we could all be dead soon such is our mortality. Thus the true goal and only goal that a human can achieve is to find contentment in this exact moment and by that find peace."

I mean ive sometimes even gotten up from my desk at work and just walked right out without talking to anyone, gone to the nearest forest (to be fair there are alot of them where i live so it wasnt a big trek) and done exactly this sure I got in trouble and it may not help on physical matters but it will certainly help you to be happy if at least for a while and by that have a refreshed mind which may then lead to you being able to resolve your situation better. Thats just my 2 cents but I realise everyones situations are different and that may not be possible for everyone but I would at least urge you to find a moment to just sit and be calm once a day even for 10 minutes as it can have wonders for you sense of being.

11. Omega Sprinkle

Walked up to Brandon hill yesterday, snapped some photos, stared at the view of all of Bristol and you know what? My problems were still there for me and that time I was up there I should have been looking for work so procrastinating, no matter how whimsical it may be, is not an option.

12. mattyhex

mattyhex Fwuffy Cheetah

(This is completely off-topic, but-)
    Raspberry, it sounds like you need some serious help with things, in terms of debt, there's several advice services you can get in touch with, some are run by the government (none are springing to mind immediately, but I know they exist - a place to start looking might be https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/where-to-go-to-get-free-debt-advice (found on http://gov.uk/)) and if someone else if seriously taking loans out in your name, that's a major fraud issue for which you'd need to seek legal advice and action.

I don't know what the best course of action would be for getting a better paying job, but there'll be advice services for that too, you just need to have a search around for some. (i.e. would getting more qualifications help, what ways of getting them are possible, etc.)

TibbsUK likes this.
  13. Omega Sprinkle

I'm aware. Henry took out this loan three years ago, there's nothing I can do and no one knows where he is.

14. TibbsUK

TibbsUK The pony formerly known as Insomnia

I'm sorry for butting in, or for repeating advice someone else might have already offered, but my advice regarding the debt would be that If the debt was taken out by someone else, fight it. If you didn't sign the loan yourself or sign as a guarantor then you cannot be held liable for it. Refuse to pay. Recovery action cannot be taken on a debt in dispute. The law is quite clear on this matter. It is the responsibility of a debt collector to prove that you owe the money, not on you to prove that you do not. Ask them to prove you owe the money.

If you didn't sign for the loan, then they have no proof and no legal right to pursue you for it. If you are unhappy with the 'proof' they provide, escalate it to the financial ombudsman.

If your situation has already escalated past that point, you can stop paying, they will issue a summons and attempt to get a CCJ issued against you. Go to court and let the judge decide whether their 'proof' is sufficient. Worst case scenario is that the judge sides with them and issues a CCJ against you, but in that eventuality the court should only order you to pay an affordable amount each month.

IANAL, of course, and I highly recommend contacting the local Citizens Advice centre or another legally savvy entity or service before acting. Speak to someone about it and you may be able to get rid of that particular problem completely.

I don't know that I can offer much in the way of advice on your other difficulties, except to say that you sound like a really strong, resilient person to me. Keep that strength and never give up hope that your situation will improve.

15. Arlo

Arlo Explosions

Welp, I'm home from my holiday. 192 hours of being with Dio, the only times we were apart were when one of us went to the bathroom...safe to say, we survived each other!

And when I got home, my MCM cosplay wig had arrived! It needs styling still to be Isabelle (needs to be shorter!) but this is the first part of my cosplay to arrive :D
    I really hate photos of me looking feminine, especially when a natural hair color is involved...
    But hey ho!
    [​IMG]

16. Yulaiyre

Yulaiyre Pony

you look very similar to me with that wig OwO..

I thought that it was a pic of me at first >.<

---------------

also I found some pretty helpful links for MtF's <3

http://genderal.org/index.php/Useful_Links

make-up tutorial collection: http://imgur.com/a/JO33K#0

hope that gives a little help

Cavatina likes this.
  17. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

18. Omega Sprinkle

Used the womens loo's today. (Oohh cheeky)
    I'm currently out for a staff meal in girly gear, got some weird looks when I started applying lippy in the gents but buck 'em!
    Also, good article Thorn. ^^

Dax, PlaidSlurpee, Wisdom Pen and 2 others like this.
  19. Wisdom Pen

Wisdom Pen Residential Philosopher and Wizard of Lincoln

Wow you have all of my respect thats amazing im happy for you :)

20. Arlo

Arlo Explosions

Oh good. I thought I killed the thread with my uggo face ahahaha