1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Time to resurrect the Trans thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Dax, 18 July 2013.

1. Wisdom Pen

Wisdom Pen Residential Philosopher and Wizard of Lincoln

Yeah but im a 6ft 5 giant that doesnt feel the cold so Bolthor (god of Giants and Ice, ancestor of Odin) seems apt if less neutral then id prefer

2. Wisdom Pen

huh its been four years since I accepted that I was trans...still haven't transitioned yet.
    *sigh* kind of wish I had and kind of recognise why I couldn't of, B**k my life

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

Six months more or less here.

My depression and anxiety have been a good bit worse since the GP appointment but that's going to be the seasonal affect for the most part. That always gets me badly around Spring and Winter. But there's a good bit of issues with just identity in general, not coping that well or finding much inspiration.

Bleh, this time of year always sucks.

Wisdom Pen likes this.
  4. SRainboom

SRainboom Beware The Kitten Holy!

Had my first laser session (Super Hair Removal) today! i could already see a difference from the patch test i had a few weeks ago. By the end of summer, after a few more sessions i probably won't have to shave again, or at the very least have a lot less to shave! :D

5. Ariel

Ariel What would I pay to stay here beside you...

I got both first and second opinions to give me the go ahead on getting surgery :D
    soo happyyyyyy :D

Now I play the waiting game...
    They said it should hopefully happen later this year around autumn. I can't wait :D
    I'm terrified... but I can't wait!

Bexy164, Wisdom Pen, Nytheris and 4 others like this.
  6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

Got a letter this morning, but it's just to let me know they got the initial referral and to email them to be put on the waiting list to get this assessment thing done.

Not much going on right now.

SRainboom likes this.
  7. PlaidSlurpee

PlaidSlurpee Well-Known Pony

I know my posting here is rather patchy, along with activity in general but... had my first appointment at the clinic! After two+ years of waiting hahaaaaa
    Got my next appointment booked too, and my partner is as supportive as ever (bless him)

8. SRainboom

I have a girlfriend :D She's German, adorable and also trans! We've known each other for a few months and she makes me so happy! I just need to get a new passport and in a couple of months I'll have the money to fly over there and see her <3

Wisdom Pen, Kemaiku, Ariel and 2 others like this.
  9. Nytheris

Nytheris Honorary Pony

Just picked up my first hormone prescription :D

10. SRainboom

I always hated being called a "brony" (because it's masculine) and because of that, I distanced myself from MLP for a while. Now that I'm transitioning, I feel like I'm able to enjoy the show again without having that label forced on me :)

11. Candy Yunagi

Strangely enough, that label made me uncomfortable at first for the same reason, but I guess it was seeing it used in a gender neutral way that gradually changed that. Although having been on hormones and having been read as/passed as female consistently for a few years now may also have something to do with it...

Any other kind of male reference, however harmless the intention, still makes my blood boil, but for some reason this is one I'm just comfortable with. I'd never try to push any kind of label onto others, of course.

12. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

[​IMG]

They sent me this with it, not sure where or who all will accept it right now but I'm pretty sure most major services will.

Wisdom Pen, Cuttleshock and Nytheris like this.
  13. SRainboom

I had my second laser session today and the new machine is more powerful than the one they used the first time :) also found out that Leeds clinic are doing some workshops/sessions with Lancs LGBT so I will get to see them before my next appointment :) I missed the pride parade today because it was on at the same time as my laser appointment, but went to Dalton Square afterwards and had a look around, it was ok, met some friends and made a couple new ones.

Me @ my facial hair:

Wisdom Pen, Kemaiku and Bexy164 like this.
  14. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

Still on the waiting list for the clinic, but they invited me to an open day in just over two weeks from now. I'm still sorting out my name change paper work which is mostly tedious.

But I did get to our cities local trans support center on Tuesday for their open day, had a great time hanging out for a few hours with about half a dozen other enbies. First time I've really been this open about it in person which was scary at first. They're giving me advice on moving and jobs, I'll be going back there for their regular meetups if it all works out.

Wisdom Pen and SRainboom like this.
  15. Wisdom Pen

I've recently been contemplating trying to transition again, I tried once before a few years back but because I wasn't in work or education and a few other issues they basically said I wasn't trying hard enough and discharged me from the service.

But its been some time later now and Ive gotten over some of the issues from back then and I am thinking that I may go private this time to avoid gatekeeping and stuff, but thinking about al this has brought back all the emotions and issues that I had over my gender that I had been suppressing so now all the dysphoria and depression I had over my gender has come back in full force which combined with being on a 4 month summer break from Uni is making me have a little bit of an emotional breakdown.

Though I still worry about whether because I am a very masculine looking person is HRT will even "work" (for want of a better word) and the social and personal issues that come with the territory still seem unbearably frightening especially with close friends that almost stopped hanging out with me when I last brought it up.

(Fluttershy Picture to express my emotions at the moment):

[​IMG]

Kemaiku likes this.
  16. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

Well...

I found out the council were coming to replace out kitchen only a few days before the clinic open day, tried to call them to let them know I couldn't come...to find out our phone socket is broken. Not the broadband one as well, just the phone jack, and my SIM has failed for some reason. Both still out of action so couldn't call soon enough, and I'm not sure my email was read at all.

The kitchen work cut off water and electric for days and I have no other house to go to so...that's been hell, and I got letters since I went to all the bother of certified legal copies of my deedpoll, assured that they could be used for nearly everything, for nothing as I've recieved letters to go back and do some of the forms again with it.

So changing my name will take literally months, since I'm pretty sure they think Mx is some kind of scam and want to profile me and the form in person each time, which could also mean bus trips to offices in Belfast since they want a face to face.

Pretty sure I'm off the clinic list through no fault of my own and looking at getting this legal work done by Christmas. Wasn't this a fun year.

Wisdom Pen likes this.
  17. SRainboom

Laser has worked really well. I have barely any facial hair anymore :D

I've learned how to tuck, and today I got my first bra fitted at Marks & Spencer. I have to pad it a bit but it fits properly and is comfortable.

Wisdom Pen and Bexy164 like this.
  18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

I finally managed to get to the clinic for an open day, they said they'll cover 10 sessions of laser here in the city.

My wardrobe is growing rather well too, got lots of nice things over the months. Just not as happy about the growing hosility in public but can't have everything.

SRainboom and Wisdom Pen like this.
  19. SRainboom

I got my next clinic appointment in October :3

6 months ago they said i might have to wait up to 18 months for my next one so it's gone a lot better than I expected :D

Wisdom Pen and Kemaiku like this.
  20. Biscuit Joint

Biscuit Joint One with the forests

Seriously concerned for my next appointment. Last time I was petty much given an ultimatum. I'd gone through a messy break up, break down, depression. The whole shebang. Suffice to say I'd withdrawn and none of my plans had worked out.
    I was told if I hadn't got things back on track by this upcoming one then i'd be discharged.

Fast forward to now, the appointment is on the 7th, I've been diagnosed with EUPD, BPD and anxiety. I'm still in therapy, working hard to overcome everything, have a college course lined up but it doesn't start til after my appointment and the full funding situation for the whole 2 years is a huge grey area.
    I'm scared they'll discharge me anyway since the clinic in london is overbooked. If they do then i'll likely fall off the wagon again, jeopardising the whole course. If that happens then it'll derail my whole life again and I dont honestly know what i'll do.

Do you think its worth hilighting how damaging the fear of them gatekeeping is? Or could that just make things worse?

I officially transitioned back in 2014 but im still pre-op and jobless for the above reasons. With the exception of their "social adjustment" clause I've met all the other requirements to get srs.

SRainboom likes this.