1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Time to resurrect the Trans thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Dax, 18 July 2013.

1. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion (and Celeste!)

Some really uplifting, beautiful stories from older trans folks (50-90 years). Of course it's not all sunshine, but that just helps it be even more encouraging, to me, at least.

[Some mention of suicide and of rape.]

#1221 Cuttleshock, 23 October 2018
    Last edited: 24 October 2018
    Lydiasaurus likes this.
  2. Lydiasaurus

Lydiasaurus The Girl With The Most Cake

Need blood tests, so could be a few months before i finally start. 3 years waiting aaaaaagh!!!!

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

Well, my own Enby woes are about the same as they were ages ago buuuuuuut;

I don't know how many people are aware, but Nowacking came out a while back now and is running a D&D stream on Twitch to help with his top surgery, so if you could all at least stop by and show some support, that would be great.

https://www.twitch.tv/veryextremelygood

4. Lydiasaurus

I start HRT today! Estrogen gel and anti androgen injections!

5. Bexa164

Bexa164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member. They/them

So, uh, I think I have come to the conclusion I am, not girl. And feel confident to put this a few places, albeit not irl. Please they/them me from now on? I am excellent at writing sentences

6. Cendaquenta

*hug!* You're awesome.

[​IMG]

I hope everything goes smoothly if or when you do come out IRL.

Blissful690 and Bexa164 like this.
  7. Cuttleshock

It's an exciting time when you start figuring yourself out. Enjoy the feeling-right-ness of it all!

Candy Yunagi and Blissful690 like this.
  8. Bexa164

♥️ thank you~
    It's nice, to see how nicely people react. Feels good
    It's 3am and I could definitely write something better at a different time

9. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

Congratulations on that, if that's not a weird way to say it? I still remember discovering I was female, good times...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how close that was to 10 years ago! About 9 and a quarter, at this point...

10. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Well done on coming out @Bexy164 <3

Bexa164 and Blissful690 like this.
  11. Bexa164

Once again, thank you for the nice words~

Currently I'm still figuring out if I want to change anything physically or not, because honestly it's a pretty daunting idea.
    I suppose the next challenge is telling my friends irl

Lydiasaurus likes this.
  12. Candy Yunagi

I don't know anything about your situatation, or if you've done this, but if it wouldn't cause you too many problems, maybe try a little change or two to your appearance, see how that feels? Changing anything more than your gender expression would need a lot of careful consideration, certainly. Sorry, I'm trying not to be patronising or anything, but I just don't really know where you are, or what you mean by that.

Feel free to PM me if you want, by the way :)

Lydiasaurus likes this.
  13. Lydiasaurus

Today i've been on HRT for 6 months and i feel much happier than i've been in a long time, still got depression and other things but i'm proud i've made it this far when even a year ago I'd convinced myself that it was impossible.

14. Cuttleshock

After feeling a bit down about stuff coming out of last weekend, I found myself reinvigorated in research efforts and the like, and, long story short, I've now sent a speculative email to the London Transgender Clinic to get started on my journey with a private provider. I'll post updates as they come!

15. Cuttleshock

Oh yeah, update. On July 22nd I wrote to Dr Pasterski looking for an initial consultation. Her office took about 2 days to respond to most emails. On the 28th I got a date reserved, a wait time of about 5 weeks.

Dr Pasterski sends a pretty long questionnaire/registration form to fill in some time between making the appointment and a week before it happens. I hear a lot of it is done for paperwork reasons and just to set the tone for the interview, she doesn't tend to gatekeep on stuff like showing evidence of gender dysphoria as a child or whatever.

Not much for me to do now but wait until the appointment! It's a 90 minute Zoom call, which, thankfully I've grown a lot more used to video calls in the last few months, else that might cause me some anxiety.

GatewaytoGlimmer and Bexa164 like this.
  16. Candy Yunagi

I don't have an exact date, but it's basically ten years since I finally felt sure of my gender, and came out as such. I've just been remembering the really early days a bit, before things got hard. Simple little things like learning to tie my hair back, discovering the kinds of clothes I'd like and looking up every female name, trying to decide on one, it was all so magical. It's funny how I find myself kinda wishing I could go back in spite of how much better my life is now. If you asked 14 year old me, I'm basically living the dream. Living as a woman 24/7, all of the people who matter to me see me that way, I'm comfortable in my own body and I have more amazing friends than I could've ever imagined. Things aren't perfect, but I'm pretty happy now. Still wanna eventually find work, find love, live more independently and maybe see how far I can take my music someday, but that's about it. Here's to all the people who thought I was gonna "change my mind" :p

17. Lydiasaurus

Tomorrow is 1 year since i started HRT <3

Cuttleshock and Candy Yunagi like this.
  18. Cendaquenta

why do the Important Conversations always happen at 3 a.m. ...

Told my mother about various gender feelings. The gist of it was, while I'm not "trans" as she understands it, i.e. I'm definitely not a man and don't want to medically transition, I don't 100% identify as "woman" either and would prefer to be "neutral" and start using they/them pronouns. I don't think she quite got it but she kept saying it was fine and it didn't matter to her. So that's good.

Cuttleshock and Candy Yunagi like this.
  19. Candy Yunagi

I didn't think I'd feel this violated by a census asking me my "sex". But I do. Feeling compelled to give the answer I know they want, despite knowing in my heart it's completely wrong, I honestly feel violated. I know this is really stupid, but I just wanna cry right now, I suppose old wounds are just open. Even so, I can't give a fully honest answer either way, my body has mixed characteristics. Would it kill them to consider that? I know it asks about gender identity, but I suppose it just feels like everything I've been through being invalidated. Like I'm still just 15, treated like I'm "really male". I don't know, it just felt brutal...

20. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Sorry to hear you’re feeling that way. I filled in the census this afternoon too, so the questions are fresh in my mind.

I can offer the following points and hope they provide some conciliation, although I can’t speak from personal experience.

The answer to the question of sex is something you had no way of controlling, but the gender identity question then goes on to give you the power of showing the choice you made. The fact that they ask both also gives you the power to identify as a member of, and give representation of the trans community.

Given this day and age of personal data protection, you can hopefully also trust that the census is merely a tool to get a better idea of the ‘bigger picture’, rather than being a focus on you as an individual. I don’t intend to mean that in a ‘you don’t matter’ kind of way; more the opposite in fact.