1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Top Gear

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Centurion, 27 January 2013.

1. Spy!

Spy! Especially Khaotic Krew Member

I thought if they broke down and couldn't fix themselves that was it? It's when James takes of the rear wheel and its shattered and I'm thinking "Whelp, your boned!" but no he gets TWO from support crew, so not too sure on teh rules anymore, however support car sinking that was funny!

2. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

Well to be fair they never said that this time around. I think it was only a Botswana-special rule. And it was a much bigger trip this time too.

3. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

It's probably more the fact the support car went, Y'know, Into a lake.
    They did leave Hammond behind at one point because they thought the damage was too bad

Tibbs likes this.
  4. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

That probably didn't help.

5. Spencer75

Spencer75 Honorary Pony

Seeing as the new season of Top Gear has started, I feel it's time to bump this thread.

So what did everyone think to the new episode? I'll spoiler my response in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.
    I thought the race between Jeremy and James was hilarious, especially when Jeremy has the first crash and fills in the accident report form. I liked how they brought in Charles Dance as a guest for the new reasonably priced car. I had just finished watching the second season of Game of Thrones too. :p

6. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

It was a good race against Jeremy and Caption Pugwash, also I were surprised that they already got a new prized car it didn’t seem long since that got that KIA.[/spoiler]

7. Fostergraph

Fostergraph Prospit Dreamer

I have to say that the usual awkwardness in the show hit top gear during that race.

Not that it was bad. I loved it.

8. Bellzor

Bellzor 1% Tea, 99% Hot gas.

Fears that Top Gear are running out of ideas seem to have been allayed with the latest episode. I felt it was entertaining and fun. An all round good start to the new series.

9. Spencer75

Spencer75 Honorary Pony

So the new series of Top Gear is starting tomorrow night, and apparently they're going to be testing some hot hatchbacks from their youth against the modern day equivalents.

I think of the three cars they choose, one of them may be a Volkswagen Golf GTI, a Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI or a Vauxhall Astra GTE. Looking forward to the new series and hopefully it should be good.

10. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I've seen the little trailers and sneak peeks of the new series and I'm eager to watch the new episode tomorrow night. It's come at a great time since I've had my first driving lesson this week too!

Also, I loved that My Little Top Gear: Friendship is Ambitious but Rubbish video earlier in this thread. That gave me a lot of laughs. :p

11. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

I don't think I knew this thread even existed until these last 2 posts before me...

Anyway, I've been following the series for as long as I can remember. I can still remember some of the old Top Gear from my youth with Tiff Nedell!

I'm hoping this new series will be good and will feature original jokes. But I'm not expecting much for the first episode. Ever since I started driving I've been more able to understand certain things.

12. Bellzor

The new series looks good. Sunday TV will finally be good again.

13. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

So er.. Top Gear was rubbish. Rather fast paced and desperately unfunny.

14. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

I enjoyed today's episode, it was better than expected!

15. Spencer75

Spencer75 Honorary Pony

A great start to the new series. I'm looking forward to the new episode with Chernobyl in it.

I found it hilarious when Richard was racing around the supermarket, especially when he came out on his side and they tried it get him back on his wheels. :D

16. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

Yeah, that means they're going to be in the Ukraine which has terrible roads, I've seen them first hand. Top Gear certainly has a thing of going to countries which go unstable shortly after they visit i.e. Syria

17. sten whik

sten whik Space

I'm getting more and more put off by the unbelievably fake parts of recent Top Gear episodes.
    The cars getting blown up and the end of the Supermarket Sweep added to that.
    I like it a lot more when they make mistakes (purposefully or not) and the hosts clearly aren't expecting them to happen and are laughing at each other about them.

18. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I think the new series is off to a good start.

It is rather interest to challenge older hot hatches versus modern day equivalents, although I'm not sure we got a clear cut answer. Supermarket Sweep was more of a Supermarket Smash Up, although I laughed at Richard ending his lap sideways. The pursuit was rather funny too, and I think James had a surprisingly effective method, although it wouldn't work on a road with two or more lanes. I was surprised they blew up the cars in the end. That was clearly staged else they would've killed Jeremy and James in those explosions. Still, it provided a perfect "and on that bombshell" moment. XD

19. Bellzor

Thoroughly enjoyable first episode. This series looks like it's going to be pretty good.
    Vauxhall Nova is best car.

20. sean retro

sean retro Honorary Pony

Well they went to that one place in Russia where no one can live for a very long time.