1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Toronto Attack (and 'Incel movement')

Discussion in 'In The News' started by Recurrent Trotting, 25 April 2018.

1. Recurrent Trotting

Another nasty attack and I'm beginning to wonder why cars haven't been weaponised more before tbh as they seem to be the new gun. Anyway this seems to be more in the category of personality disorder associated killing, like school shootings, rather than terrorism. However, this Incel thing - whether or not connected to the attack - is in some ways a similar to the netty pools of hysteria that whip up people about political issues and lie behind some lone terror/hate attacks eg by Darren Osbourne. Unlike familiar far right stuff, though, the Incel movement is pure net and has a similar blend of quasi-irony that attracted me to ponies in the first place and is even somewhat relatable, athough focusing on feelings of sexual inadequacy is going to turn you into a bitter husk while focusing on ponies is just silly and fun. I suppose the whole thing reminds me that the thing you obsess over or online community you associate with and participate in, even if quasi ironically, does change you, and if you indulge a vice or something psychologically unhealthy online such as sexual frustration that could have even apocalyptic consequences.

2. Skylethrin

Skylethrin New Pony

The whole incel thing seems like sexism re-booted to me, personally. Nobody is entitled to another person's body, after all.

3. Steamworks

Steamworks Active Pony

I'm not sure I'd describe incels as having any sort of irony involved. It's best described as a bunch of lonely, bitter virgins creating an echo chamber for themselves. I also don't think I've seen anyone successfully talk them down from their BS. In their minds, everything is stacked against them when it comes to getting laid, and they refuse to try changing that. They'd rather try to legalize rape than try taming their acne or whatever. I think the best way to deal with them would be to look out for anyone heading down that path and veer them off it while letting the incel groups self destruct/die off from lack of new blood.

4. Skylethrin

Skylethrin New Pony

Tbh I think most incel problems would be solved if they, a solid 4 in good light, didn't think they were entitled to solid 10 women. Date a fat woman who is beautiful and probably funny and caring? It boggles the mind to them.