1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Trains!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Aurum Noble, 1 July 2012.

1. Zenfox

Zenfox SE Train Pone

Am one of them :p
    very few modern train I like but am not that bad :p

Been sometime since I've done an update due to me being is hospital last month and recovering so here my adventures from this month. Highlights include 7029 Clun Castle, final HST, 1938 stock and a 230.

Link: https://wrrailwayphotography.zenfolio.com/p975091596
    Comments are welcome :)

#2141 Zenfox, 23 May 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: 24 May 2019
    Loganberry and Oilyvalves like this.
  2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Well... as someone who's old enough to remember 37+Mk 1s in regular service (North Wales coast) the idea does have a certain silly appeal. Obviously I know it could never actually happen! It all depends on how serious they were. As a joke it's a lot of fun. If they really meant it, then... well. Um.

Actually, I'm old enough to remember Class 101 DMUs in regular service as well! (Also North Wales.) It was like being in the world's largest tractor. :p

@Zenfox -- that top row of your photo page is quite some variety of traction! :)

Zenfox likes this.
  3. Zenfox

Zenfox SE Train Pone

Who would think they all still be going in 2019 :p

Loganberry likes this.
  4. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

I guess this is a good thread to post this.. After Griffish Isles ended I popped down to Crewe the next day to visit the Heritage Centre.

[​IMG]
    Remember seeing it when I was on my way to Glasgow for Bronyscot.. Had every intention to visit and as I wasn't to far away it felt like the perfect excuse ;)

Oilyvalves and Zenfox like this.
  5. Zenfox

Zenfox SE Train Pone

Crewe Heritage is a great place to visit :p
    Only been once many years ago, must do it when am next in the area

6. Zenfox

Zenfox SE Train Pone

Another site update, I will try to do a post at the end of every month to show what I've seen. But for now the 1st of June saw the final HST out of London Paddington in the shape of The Flying Banana tour over the network. A early start was needed and passing a 20 strong galley at Didcot North Junction is 43002 leading the 1Z23 Paddington to Carmarthen via Oxford leg.

Link: https://wrrailwayphotography.zenfolio.com/p293745820/hcd5048f8#hcd5048f8

Oilyvalves likes this.
  7. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Well, this is irritating... I want to go to the Tyseley Open Day weekend in just over a week (22/23 June). I was especially attracted by Vintage Trains' announcement that they'd be running special shuttles from Birmingham Moor Street on both days with a Class 47 on one end and a steam loco (I think Rood Ashton Hall) on the other. That seemed like a fun way to break my lifetime duck regarding mainline steam (even if there's a diesel attached). Tonight, with barely a week to go, the website has suddenly been edited to completely remove the Saturday shuttles. All you can now buy for Saturday is event admission itself:

http://www.vintagetrains.co.uk/mainline.aspx

This is annoying, as I was hoping to attend on the Saturday. I assume Vintage Trains couldn't agree Saturday paths with Network Rail, and I totally accept that the regular timetabled services have to take priority. It's still disappointing after the Sat shuttles have been advertised for many weeks, though. So I have a few choices now. I can go on Saturday and forget about the shuttles. I can switch to Sunday. Or I can do both -- the open day and shuttles are ticketed separately, so I could do one on each day. Might depend on the weather! (This is why the SVR usually appeals to me more than mainline steam -- much more likely to stick to its advertising!)

#2147 Loganberry, 14 June 2019
    Last edited: 14 June 2019
  8. Zenfox

Zenfox SE Train Pone

This weekend saw 150 years of the District Line, To mark the occasion there was a number of shuttles from Ealing Broadway to High st. Kensington with no.12 Sarah Siddons and Met 1. Because of the new ATO signalling rubbish being introduced these were the last specials.

No 12 at Acton Town : https://wrrailwayphotography.zenfolio.com/p293745820/hcf5a27d4#hcf5a27d4

Oilyvalves likes this.