1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Trains!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Aurum Noble, 1 July 2012.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Ah, LNER garter blue. The best livery for A4s, in my opinion! I wonder if I'll ever see it again, though, other than with Mallard on static display? Union of South Africa is being retired, Sir Nigel Gresley looks like being BR blue forever more, and it's going to be years before Bittern even goes in for overhaul, let alone emerges again.

rdlover777 likes this.
  2. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

The entire thing was modelled in Roblox, no importing from Blender needed

I want Mallard to return to steam, NRM would be swimming in cash until the heat death of the universe if they did restore her

3. sten whik

sten whik Space

[​IMG]

4. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

because why not

5. sten whik

sten whik Space

I don't play it myself but I've heard there's a whole microtransaction system people make real money with so I was just wondering if that was what you were making it for. Is there a train sim on Roblox? If not perhaps you should be making it :p

6. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

there are multiple train sims in roblox

in other news i saw four 376s yesterday heading coast bound, one 10 car and two 5 car

7. Zenfox

Zenfox SE Train Pone

Another moment in railway history sees the end of loco hurled trains out of Liverpool Street. So for this month photos the charging of the guard and class 33s back on the Southern.

Link: https://wrrailwayphotography.zenfolio.com/p104169060

Comments are welcome :)

rdlover777 and Oilyvalves like this.
  8. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

the last 90 is due to run monday as the six 745s currently allowed to run can cover the new timetable being used to due COVID-19

9. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

Scotrail Class 385
    Scotrail Class 385-0 w-pantograph.png Scotrail Class 385-1 w-pantograph.png

Blissful690 and Oilyvalves like this.
  10. Zenfox

Zenfox SE Train Pone

I have posted this on my twitter but will share it here too.

With all that's going on there is one thing people have forgotten about and that our heritage railways. There is a real danger of losing them during this and with one of the big names the Seven Valley could be closed for good in a few months.They need help as they wont get anything from government so if you can please donate to them and keep them alive.

As a MHR volunteer please if you booked for a event in the next two month please think about giving your ticket refund to them as a donation.

Loganberry likes this.
  11. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

SVR member here who will be renewing soon regardless of whether trains run. That's a really kind post to make; thank you! I'm sure a lot of other heritage railways are in the same boat, especially with this hitting at the start of the year before most have had galas, plus before Bank Holidays etc. But for the SVR anyway, the appeal page is here:

https://www.svr.co.uk/NewsItem.aspx?a=921

Zenfox and Oilyvalves like this.
  12. rdlover777

rdlover777 Artist

TIL that Billy Butlin originally intended to buy Silver Link but the Eastern Region controller demanded more money for her then her actual worth as scrap iron

13. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Given the current inability to travel far, I thought some of you train folk might like to see some video/pics I’ve taken recently. These were captured from a field/park within 100 yards or so of my front door, and the place is normally deserted. I tend to go out on walks for my daily exercise, so tying this in works reasonably well.

From a couple of weeks ago:

I took this one today. We get Network Rail test trains coming in and out of Derby Rail Technical Centre every so often.

B9E08DEE-E06B-47CC-B66C-D0684C1928EF.jpeg

Zenfox and Loganberry like this.