1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Suggestion Transportation

Discussion in 'Archived BronyScot Discussion' started by FlapWing, 9 October 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlapWing

FlapWing Pony

Hello everyone:)

I created this thread for people who either can offer a lift or are looking for one to BronyScot :)

I can offer a lift on Friday 18th and back on Monday 21st from around Leeds, Huddersfield or Manchester:)

anthony rothstein likes this.
  2. anthony rothstein

For some general tips for train.
    It's really quite cheap to go from Manchester. Consider changing at Lancashire or Preston.

3. ponePete

ponePete Habitual Pony

I haven't been this excited since I discovered MLP. I literally have no idea how to vent my excitement for this event. #help

Anyway... I'll be travelling there earlyish on Saturday 20th for the con and returning late on the 21st (or early Monday morning if I'm mad enough) after some RockNessie action. Can offer a lift from the Lancaster or surrounding areas.

4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Just a heads up for anyone planning on driving to the convention, I believe that there are plans to close the M74 near Glasgow during BronyScot weekend so that they can demolish a bridge as part of the big construction works to improve the motorway links. This will likely mean traffic will be hectic on the M73 and M8 and a lot of the surrounding roads. You may need to plan accordingly.

Silver Broom likes this.
  5. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

Thanks @Robshi – that had come to our attention recently but still needed to be posted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-37761479

In summary, the main motorway access to Glasgow from the south will be closed from Friday 20:00 until Monday 06:00, so please bear this in mind if you are planning to arrive by car. It is likely that the M74 will be busier than normal during the day on Friday and Monday, and alternative routes will be busy during the closure.

6. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

It's looking increasingly unlikely that I'm going to be able to make it, so if anyone can make use of a York-Glasgow (actually York->Glasgow Charing Cross) return ticket please let me know - outward portion is valid on the 09:53 from York on the Thursday (17th) and the return portion on the 14:00 from Edinburgh the following Tuesday (22nd) - I think they're also valid on any connecting service between Glasgow and Edinburgh

No charge ...

7. Zenfox

Zenfox Southeastern Train Pone

For those like me travelling by train, so far no reported problems by make sure you got something to do and room to walk about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.