1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

UK of E Ponies on Tour: post photos of your ponies' travels!

Discussion in 'Forum Games and Randomness' started by Loganberry, 24 October 2013.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

(Not 100% on whether this is the right forum for this, but it seems like more of a casual game than a serious discussion to me, so I'm putting it here.)

This thread is inspired by Equestria Daily's recent "Ponies Around the World" event. The idea is pretty simple, and I'm slightly surprised it hasn't been started already: take an MLP toy of some description (plushie, brushie, blind bag etc) to a landmark of your choice. Take a photograph of the toy and landmark in the same shot, and upload it to your favourite photo-hosting site (Imgur, Minus etc) then post it here with a short text descripton. Simple!

Landmarks don't have to be world-famous, just somewhere of interest. The only rules are that you must personally have taken the photo, that the pony must have been physically present too (ie no Photoshopped images) and that you shouldn't trespass or get in the way of other visitors. Also, please keep to one or two pictures per post in order not to overwhelm the thread. I hope that's clear.

I'll start the ball rolling with this picture: here's Rarity indulging in a little retail therapy at Selfridges, Birmingham. (No, she's not flying; she's resting on a glass ledge!)

[​IMG]

Bexa164 and Pigasus like this.
  2. Centurion

Centurion Honorary Pony

I may have to do this in London at some point over the weekend.

3. Dylia

Dylia Jeune Fille Garnement

Well, I'm gonna do this.
    *pockets Rarity blindbag*

We shall be back soon.

Kizzy likes this.
  4. Eliki

Eliki Element Of M&Ms

Whew! For a moment there I thought that had to be the biggest blindbag Rarity ever made. :eek:

I think this is a really really good idea. I'm not going anywhere much at the moment, but I'll definitely have to take a Pinkie blindbag with me and see if I can find a few places. I doubt very much I'll be anywhere particularly thrilling (and I'm not even going to think about putting Pinkie and the Wychbury Obelisk in the same photo, thank you...) but I'll see what I can figure out. Halesowen may not be a thrillbilly but there might be somewhere suitable. :)

5. Cendaquenta

PIC_0538.JPG

A messy-haired Diamond Rose in front of the Duke of Wellington statue at the Glasgow Gallery of Modern Art. Took this a while ago for the Ponies Around The World thing but never submitted it.

Bexa164 likes this.
  6. Loganberry

As it's a modern art place, I wonder whether that traffic cone on the Duke's head is actually an intended part of the exhibit? ;)

7. Cendaquenta

Yes, actually! :D It's not really a modern art thing though, more just a Glaswegian tradition. Sometimes the horse dons a cone as well. They sell postcards of it and everything.

8. Princess Celestia

Princess Celestia Honorary Pony

twilights been to Worcester cathedral today :)

oie_26222627MPtycVhs.jpg

9. Centurion

Centurion Honorary Pony

I forgot to do this properly, so I had to improvise. I give you Twilight Sparkle in Stuart Ashen's nose. image.jpg

TurboWire and Bexa164 like this.
  10. Loganberry

We-ell... I suppose that counts as a landmark. :p

Returning to more conventional sights, here's Twilight (yes, again!) at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon. Taken from the chippy across the road, which does very nice battered sausages. :)

[​IMG]

Bexa164 and Eliki like this.
  11. Loganberry

Thought I'd give this thread a bit of new content! Here's Rainbow Dash at (the ruins of) Bridgnorth Castle, Shropshire. It was blown up by Parliamentarian forces in the Civil War, and what's left now leans at an angle considerably greater than the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

[​IMG]

12. Eliki

Eliki Element Of M&Ms

And of course if anypony can push that thing back up to the correct angle, it'd be Rainbow! :p

13. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

dam luna you stole the best place to take a picture of a pony..... ohhh i have one .... to malven (takes hiken boots and toy pony)

14. Loganberry

I actually very nearly took Big Mac, who would have been an even better option for that sort of thing! :p
    Ooh... if you do go there, then a pony in Malvern could be an awesome photo, so please do post it here if you do! :)

Princess Celestia and Eliki like this.
  15. Eliki

Eliki Element Of M&Ms

Okay, Pinkie has been on a tour of the truly magnificent utopia that is Halesowen and Colley Gate. As official Pinkest Pony, she decided that justified her needing 5 photos rather than 1, so here they are:-

First stop was the (actually quite famous locally) Halesowen church, a building that was so tall that we needed to go quite a way back to fit the spire in.
    Pinkie 1.jpg

Holy Pinkie, Silent Pinkie... wait, what insanity is this? Pinkie then attempted to get into the church so she could swing on the bells, but it was locked.
    Pinkie 2.jpg

"Whatever you do, don't Pink!"
    Pinkie 3.jpg

Next stop, the Memorial Gardens, where Pinkie wanted to do a runner with both of the swords of obliness.
    Pinkie 4.jpg

And of course... Pinkie remembers...
    Pinkie 5.jpg

Bexa164, Coastie, Loganberry and 2 others like this.
  16. Centurion

Centurion Honorary Pony

Twilight Sparkle in Nottingham at night.

Attached Files:

Eliki likes this.
  17. Loganberry

Twilight takes a trip to Aston Hall, Birmingham. (Taken a little while ago, hence leaves on the trees!)

[​IMG]

Bexa164 and Eliki like this.
  18. Loganberry

Gosh, it's quiet in here. :p Anyway, here's Rainbow Dash at the Bridgnorth Cliff Railway, the steepest inland funicular in the country. You can see the River Severn far below.

[​IMG]

Bexa164, Eliki and Princess Celestia like this.
  19. Loganberry

At last it stopped raining for a little bit, so here's Fluttershy at the flooded Worcester Racecourse by (well, in) the River Severn:

[​IMG]

Bexa164, Eliki, Coastie and 1 other person like this.
  20. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Did she make friends with any interesting undersea critters?