1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

UK of Equestria Unofficial Events Calendar

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by electrokitty, 14 May 2012.

1. Crimson Dawn

Crimson Dawn You keep sending them, il keep knocking them down!

I don't mind doing it, it's what I asked to do after all, I am a Admin on a few other sites as well.
    The only meet I have planed this month is the Ponython one, I am one of the organizers of that meet, heck it's my fault in the 1st place that it's happening :p
    But yeah I will have to check up on what other meets I can attend this month.

2. Ripp_

Ripp_ * You Hug the Pig

What franchise?

3. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

I just checked it myself as it's not appearing. There is no evidence of you adding it, so I did so myself. Ensure you are using a compliant browser (I can verify it works in Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera). Also, although it should do automatically, you may have to manually click save if you're using a dodgy browser if if various setting prevent it from auto-saving.

Another potential problem could be that you're adding it to your personal calendar and not the UKofE public one. Make sure you have "UK of Equestria Events" selected when you add an entry.

4. Crimson Dawn

I used Google Chrome and made it public, I just checked it while in college and it's there, must be a problem on your end.

5. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

I never trust auto-save. However I can see the event now.
    Because this syncs with the calendar applications on my various generic fruit named devices, it makes planning things a lot easer.

6. electrokitty

It should be fine then, especially being Google's own browser. I haven't had any problems, it's all worked on the default options and I use a slightly obscure browser, Opera. I've also asked a few people that use the calendar to confirm there is only the one event there too. Here is the event as seen on the calendar page, only the single event I added earlier.
    Untitled-1.png

When you go to create and event, make sure you select "UK of Equestria Events", although it should be selected by default. I suspect this is the problem here and you've added it to a personal calendar.

Untitled-3.png

Also make sure you have the "UK of Equestria Events" calendar enabled in the sidebar.

Untitled-2.png
    Could you maybe screenshot what yours looks like if you still can't find the problem, maybe I'll be able to tell from that, or we could discuss it over PM or the IRC so we don't clog up the forums with loads of backwards and forwards posts trying to work out what went wrong.

That would probably be the one I added. Glad you are enjoying the calendar, one of the joys of google calendar is that it can be used on many other devices. Also a note to everyone else, if you aren't an admin but want to sync it with your personal google calendar account, I can give you read-only access which will allow you to add it to yours, just PM my your google account username and I'll invite you.

7. Crimson Dawn

Thanks I will do it in a bit right now college.

8. BRJ

BRJ The King benieth the Dome

Bronies @ the O2, bro! You should come along at some point...

9. Ripp_

Ripp_ * You Hug the Pig

Not a franchise, and its across country and is aranged on the same days as other meets im going to

10. electrokitty

Slight update: UKofE events calendar for iOS (no, not official)

If you have an iOS device and want to access the calendar more conveniently on the go, I found a free app called "GooCal". There are also some paid ones but this one does the job and I haven't found anything wrong with it.
    IMG_0905.png
    If you wish to use it with the UKofE events, and aren't currently an admin, PM my your google account username and I can add you as read-only, so you can sync the calendar. You should then be able to sign into your google account from the app and view all the events (you may have to disable personal calendars in the settings) as below:
    IMG_0903.png IMG_0904.png
    As for android, there's a lovely official google calendar app, if you wish to sync it with your account, just PM me your username and again I can add you.

#50 electrokitty, 12 July 2012
    Last edited: 22 October 2012
    Mark Hyder and bobby.p like this.
  11. RabbidWolfs

RabbidWolfs The four-legged time lord

Nice work, just noticed it

12. Crimson Dawn

Modified the Batmare The Dark Knight Rises @ The O2 meet up with correct and up-to-date information.

13. electrokitty

Thanks, but yuo don't need to post here every time you change something. If anypony wants to view and track changes, there is an XML feed you can subscribe to here.

14. Crimson Dawn

I thought it would make it easier for people to tell if an event has been changed in anyway if I posted about it here, just in case they did not notice.

15. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

Can I suggest including URLs to forum threads in the calendar entries?
    I've been doing this when I've added events, but thought it worth suggesting to others. It's very useful for quickly navigating to further event details, and participating in the discussion.

16. BRJ

BRJ The King benieth the Dome

I didn't know this old thing was still in use...

17. electrokitty

It's definitely still a thing. The browser plugins haven't been updated in yonks (something I really need to do when I'm less lazy, and still need to make a FF port) but the calendar is still kept updated. I'm not sure how many people still use it, but I certainly do.

That's actually not a bad idea. I'll start adding the discussion thread to the bottom of the description. To save space though, copy across the shortened URL. To do this: take just the thread ID, as follows:

http://ukofequestria.co.uk/threads/uk-of-equestria-unofficial-events-calendar.2045/
    Becomes
    http://ukofequestria.co.uk/threads/2045

Retrix likes this.
  18. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

19. Twinkleshy

Twinkleshy Pony

useful thank you very helpful

20. Inucroft

Inucroft Pony

Just like to add the York meet has been moved to the 19th of october ;)