1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

UK of Equestria's all time Favourite MLP:FIM episodes! (Top 77)

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Eunos the Fool, 30 December 2016.

1. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Welcome!, Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen, Boy's and Girl's, Fillies and Gentlecolts to UK of Equestria's all time Favourite Episodes.

Back in November I asked People here to conduct a list of their top 20 favourite My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episodes.. They would then Private Message me their Lists and I would add up the scores depending where on the list episodes were... An Episode that toped the list would receive 20 Points, 2nd on the list would score 19pts, the process would continue till we got to the Episode at the Bottom of the list which would only score 1 single Point.

After an extended deadline, voting finally ended and I was able to count up everybody's scores.

There were in total 133 potential episodes to pick from (Double Episodes were counted as 1) ranging from 6 Seasons, In total 77 of the 133 Episodes got votes, some really only just sneaked in whilst others were very close up top,

So before we get into the main list, tomorrow we will look at those 56 Episodes with nil poi, or 0 Pts :p

I'll keep these ones brief and just show you the unloved episodes.

Then on December 31st the official countdown will begin with 77 to 75.

Starting in January 1st I will then do 2 Episodes a day, meaning we should complete this countdown on February 6th.. (Unless I suck at Maths then feel free to correct me)

Please note that I do work a full time job and times and hours can be all over the place at times, So don't panic if I seem late on some days, I haven't forgotten, it just means I haven't had a chance, If I do miss a day (Which I hope I wont but you never know), I will try and make up for it the next day.

So here is a basic template of how the countdown will happen, all episodes will have their individual posts.

Countdown Number
    Insert episode image here
    Episode Name
    Season and Episode
    Episode Writer
    Brief Description of episode
    (I won't go overboard into detail but I will tell you what you need to know about it)
    My own personal opinion of episode (Don't worry, I wont be like "WTF You idiots vote this episode for!!", by all means I will be honest in my opinion, but I wont judge others tastes)

You of course are then welcome to offer your own opinion on the episode, remember to be civil, by all means say you don't like it or that you think it's an overrated episode, but don't belittle others for liking it.. I'm more than confident this wont happen, but I feel the need to express it anyway.

So just a few little things

Be Civil, play nice and have fun
    Please note that by no means is this list official, it's just a bit of off season fun, I don't expect you to 100% agree with the list and that's fine, hopefully bits you will, but don't take it seriously, there is no right or wrong here, don't get upset if your favourite episodes haven't done as well as you hoped, also don't get angry if episodes you don't like have ended up higher than you hoped. Once again I believe you are all more mature than that but I feel the need to bring it up anyway.

Don't shoot the Messenger
    Remember, this list does not express my own personal opinion, I'm just the fool who organised all the votes :p, So I could do without people threatening me etc.

This is all just common sense really and I'm sure I don't really need to say this, but you never know who will show up as I do this.

To all those who voted, I would prefer you didn't mention what you have voted for till the episode appears on the list, by all means once an episode you voted has shown up then I am happy for you to be like "Hey I voted that episode" but please if you can, wait till it shows.

So yeah, have fun, sit back, relax and join me on this crazy adventure, hopefully you will return on a daily basis to see where every episode has ended, even if you didn't vote I hope you will still enjoy this countdown.

Thank you once again to all who voted, you will all get shout outs at the end.

So now buckle up, sit tight, grab a popcorn and soda if you wish as we countdown UK of Equestria's all time favourite My Little Pony Friendship is Magic episodes :)

2. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

@Eunos the Fool,

Thanks for the effort you've put into this so far, and for future posts you'll be doing revealing the lists. I'm certainly interested to see the results.

Speaking my personal opinion, I think what you're planning is drawing it out for too long. That was my gut feeling anyway. I'm not against having some in depth discussion about the results, but doing it for 77 episodes feels a little overkill. Sorry. My suggestion would be limiting the proposed format to the top 20 or so?

I'll wait and see what other people think; if everyone else is fine with the current format, then no problem.

Eunos the Fool likes this.
  3. Eunos the Fool

If needs be I can always push it to 5 a day, I don't mind a bit critisim but this is also new to me so sometimes you gotta do things to see what does and what doesn't work.. By all means I welcome all Input into this, I'll see what other people say and may change things come January 1st,

For now though I will do the Non loved episodes tomorrow.

4. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

It sounds great, and thanks for doing this... but do kind of agree with @Oilyvalves , I think if you do two a day you risk people losing interest in the thread especially if there's a spell of non-controversial episodes that nopony has much to say about. I'd actually thought you'd maybe do about 10 a day but I don't mind it being a bit more drawn out. I like the idea of maybe doing the top-20 like you proposed, and have the rest a little faster.

Will you give some indication of the voting, like if an episode's place was from a few highly-placed votes, or a lot of lower-placed votes?

Looking forward to seeing the 56 'unloved' episodes, I know there were lots that placed just outside my top-20, so it'll be interesting.

5. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

I'm also very much interested in seeing the 56 'unloved' episodes tomorrow. I'm almost certainly fond of some of those 56, even though I don't know which ones they are yet.

For the remainder I'd have thought that doing, say, five or six days of ten or so episodes at a time followed by a slower countdown for the final ten or twenty might be better. Or maybe five episodes a day for the first week or so might be a good compromise. Your decision though, and very much looking forward to it. :)

6. Eunos the Fool

Once again thank you all for your inputs and yes I do see your point of views.

Last thing I want is people to lose interest.

So my proposal.

Reveal 77 to 71 tomorrow which will leave us to 70 going into 2017.

Do 5 a day till we get to the Top 20.. Which would take us to January 10th.

Slow it down a bit there and reveal 2 a day like planned which would complete the countdown on January 20th.

Whilst I understand not dragging it out to much, I don't want to finish it to quick either.

Either way, Unloved episodes coming up soon.

7. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Yeah, that sounds like a decent compromise. :)

Eunos the Fool likes this.
  8. Eunos the Fool

Enough time wasting, let's dive right in!

The unloved episodes of Season 1.

Where this crazy adventure all began, no doubt at the time these episodes were being created they had no idea just how big this would become or indeed the type of fanbase they would attract.

I still remember binge watching these episodes wondering "Why the hell am I enjoying these so much"

Out of 25 Episodes (Season Opener counting as 1), 16 received votes.

Here are the 9 that did not.

Boast Busters - The episode that introduced us to "The Great and Powerful" Trixie did not appear on anybodies list, I didn't this was a terrible episode by any means, but I did find Twilight a bit annoying in it so I can see why this one wasn't a huge hit.

Bridle Gossip - The episode that introduced us to Zecora, I actually quite like this episode so somewhat of a shame this did not score any points, Flutterguy was amusing as were other stuff, it did make Ponies seem somewhat racist mind you. But I still liked it.

Call of the Cutie - The episode that saw the birth of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Focusing on Applebloom who is desperate to get her Cutie Mark, it also introduced us also to Diamon Tiara and Silverspoon, who would be the enemies if you will of the CMC, not a personal fave of mine personally, You could also debate that if this is the CMC's first meeting then how come they were all hiding under the table together in the season opener?, whatever, all you need to know is this is a Zero pointer for this list.

Fall Weather Friends - Somewhat surprised this didn't get atleast some votes, especially if we have any AppleDash shippers here :p, this believe it or not is the first ever episode I watched, it doesn't necessarily make it my favourite, It introduced us to the friendly rivalry Applejack and Rainbow Dash have, but clearly not a outright favourite here.

Feeling Pinkie Keen - A little bit surprised this one got no votes, I thought it was a pretty good episode, Twilight learns about Pinkie Pies special senses, she tries to prove it BS but in the end gives in and accepts that Pinkie Pie has spidey sense, I liked it but maybe wouldn't be in my top 20 either personally.

Stare Master - When Fluttershy looks after the CMC, once again no love for this episode, was not a personal favourite for me personally and clearly not for others.

A Dog and Pony Show - When Rarity is kidnapped by Diamond Dogs it's up to the others and Spike to rescue her, to much Sparity references here for my liking and you know how much I hate that, Rarity was great in this ep I will give her that, but not one of Season 1's stronger episodes.

A Bird in the Hoof - Naughty Fluttershy steals Phillamena, the pet bird of Princess Celestia, Twilight ofcourse is like "WTF Fluttershy" after she tries to nurse it back, in the end after thinking they killed it, they find out it is infact a beautiful phoenix, I did enjoy this ep, made Flutters look like a thief and Celestia was surprisingly relaxed about her pet getting nicked, but still it was decent enough, although we have not seen even a trace of Philly since this episode, wonder where she is?

Owl's well that ends well - I'll be blunt, I just flat out did not like this episode.. Spike becomes jealous of the new Owl who becomes Twilight assistance, to me this was the weakest episode of Season 1 and still one of the weakest episodes of the whole series, I'm not to upset not to see it make the list.

So that's Season 1, Season 2 coming up.

Oilyvalves likes this.
  9. Eunos the Fool

and now

The Unloved Episodes of Season 2...

All in all Season 2 was a very solid season, some would argue it was the best season of the show, Whilst I feel that is debatable as it did also have it's fair share of stinkers, I cannot deny it was a good season.

out of 24 potential episodes to pick from (2 Double eps)

only 5 ended up with no love..

Secret of my Excess - Somewhat surprising this one as I remember a lot of people liking this episode, but once again to much Sparity for my liking so not to upset about this one.

Family Appreciation Day - I will admit I actually forgot about this episode, basically Applebloom is embarrassed to bring Granny Smith to school.. may have to re watch this one, I don't remember much about it.

Baby Cakes - Despite now hints or clues that Mrs Cupcake was pregnant, we are introduced to 2 youngins whom Pinkie pie is given the job to babysit, Not a personal fave so not overly surprised by this ones absence.

A friend in Deed - It had probably the most catchy song of all but Pinkie Pie was super annoying in this episode, I don't blame Cranky Doodle for being Cranky here.

Putting your hoof down - Fluttershy is my favourite Mane Sixer, and I was getting really annoyed by the lack of Fluttershy episodes in Season 2, we finally got one at episode 19, With the help of Iron Will she learns to become more assertive, a little bit to assertive, upsetting Pinkie Pie and Rarity... You know what?, I don't care what Mr Enter says, I really liked this one, but it scored no points so here it is.

So that was Season 2

Season 3 next.

#9 Eunos the Fool, 30 December 2016
    Last edited: 31 December 2016
    Oilyvalves likes this.
  10. Eunos the Fool

Now we move to the Unloved Episodes of Season 3.

Ah Season 3, it was only half the size of Seasons 1 and 2, This was originally going to be the final Season.

Thankfully it was not. I do think it being 13 episodes instead of 26 did hurt it a bit, this does not mean however there weren't good episodes, there certainly was.

But of the 12 choices here, 5 got no love.

One Bad Apple - We are introduced to cousin Babs Seeds, who proves to be a bit of a jerk when she starts bullying the CMC, in the end it turns out Babs is also a bully victim and they all end up friends in the end.. This one had a weird moral.

If someone is bullying you.. KILL THEM!!, unless they are being bullied themselves then that would be completely unacceptable.. They had the right idea it was just poorly executed in my opinion.

Apple Family Reunion - I liked this ep so it's a shame it ended on 0pts, another one with a catchy song, I liked it, not an outright fave but still pretty decent.

Spike at your service - Spike episodes tend to suck for most part, I'm sorry but it's true, here he becomes loyal to Applejack after she saves his life.. at least it wasn't Rarity.

Just for Sidekicks - Spike and the CMC pet sitting, In a season so short why did Spike get 2 episodes and Rarity get none?, good grief.

Games Ponies Play It was somewhat cool to see back to back episodes from different point of view, this wasn't a bad episode, just not a great one either.

Season 4 next.

Oilyvalves likes this.
  11. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

Thoughts so far: as expected, a fair amount of "decent but meh" episodes with no points. From Series One Boast Busters, Bridle Gossip, Fall Weather Friends and Feeling Pinkie Keen all fall into that category for me, although I wonder what Sethisto would make of Boast Busters' placement. I'm not fond of Owl's Well and have never liked A Dog and Pony Show so there's no disappointment from me that they were on null points.

The only three from Series One I was a bit disappointed didn't get any votes were Call of the Cutie, Stare Master and A Bird in the Hoof because I'm quite fond of all three of them, but then I didn't vote for them myself so I've only got myself to blame.

From Series Two, clearly this series did well if we've only got five episodes on null points. Forgetting that Family Appreciation Day exists pretty much sums up my experience with it! Baby Cakes is a tiresome episode and I'm not fond of either Secret of My Excess or Putting Your Hoof Down, so null points sounds about right for both of them. Ponyville Confidential is perfectly decent and pleasant but also pretty forgettable, so fair enough.

Series Three has a large number of null pointers for such a short series, but I'm not disappointed by any of these being here. It originally was Rarity that Spike ended up serving in Spike at Your Service and it was going to be the Rarity episode in the series. Then they decided that it was getting icky so they switched it to Applejack, and hence no Rarity episode. The final episode isn't icky, but probably deserves its null points, even if I do like the fanfiction joke.

One Bad Apple's moral is messily handled, I'll readily agree. I've always found Games Ponies Play pretty boring so no disappointment there. Just for Sidekicks is fun for its unusual point of view, but it's not great. Apple Family Reunion is decent but meh once again.

The only two I'm slightly surprised not to see listed from the first three series are The Ticket Master and MMMMystery on the Friendship Express. Clearly some people have stronger soft spots for them than I might have guessed.

Oilyvalves and Eunos the Fool like this.
  12. Eunos the Fool

Tiny little botch on my behalf.

It was 6 episodes some Season 2, not 5.

My mistake, been corrected now.

13. Eunos the Fool

Alright let's move on with Season 4.

Hooray we are back to a full season for this one, Twilight now officially has a pair of wings, so begin the special key episodes.

All in all I really liked this Season, But am I alone here?, 11 of the 24 choices got no love here.

Bats - Now this one disappoints me, I really enjoyed this episode, The Tim Burton like song and Flutterbat, really hood episode, I think it deserved at least a few points.

Pinkie Apple Pie - I'm not a big fan on the Idea of Mane Sixers being related, So I was against the idea of Pinkie Pie and Applejack being cousins etc, this was a fun episode but not the best by any means.

Rainbow Falls - I guess not even Derpy could save this episode.. I think Derpy Hooves is overrated personally but either way, Spitfire and Fleetfoot were pretty jerkish in this one, What happened to Stoner happy Spitfire?, I liked Bulk Biceps, but I can see why this ep wasn't high on peoples lists, or on at all.

Three's a crowd - Not a terrible episode but kinda meh, Discord's humour is kinda hit and miss, not bad but kind of forgettable.

Twilight Time - Yeah, this was one of the weaker Season 4 episodes, Twilight and the CMC being haunted by fillies and colts.. Not a strong one, not to shocked here.

It Ain't Easy being Breezies - I didn't mind this episode but I can see why others wouldn't like it, I liked their strange Swedish accent but turning into Breezies in the end was like "WTF?" not bad but nothing amazing.

Somepony to Watch Over Me - Ugh, usually I have no real problem with Applejack, but she was really annoying in this episode, and I don't blame Applebloom for getting annoyed either, It should have ended with Bloom being able to show she is responsible, but it didn't.. Meh episode.

Leap of Faith - Another forgettable key episode, and Silvershill was probably the most forgettable of the key givers, sorry dude :(

Trade Ya! - I enjoyed this episode but I guess it's just one that got lost in the shuffle, a shame as I feel it does deserve some points.

Inspiration Manifestation - Grrr, more Sparity, whilst demon Rarity was fun, we do not need anymore Spike/Rarity episodes.. It doesn't work.. Stop it!

Equestria Games - So this is something that seemed to be building up now to the end of Season 3, but it was a big let down, rather then focus on the games itself, we follow Spike.. Oh Spike, I try not to pick on you but you really don't make it easy.

So that was Season 4

Season 5 next.

Oilyvalves likes this.
  14. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Lot's of really good episodes in there actually!

Some specifics:

One Bad Apple: I actually really like that episode, it would have been just outside of my top 20 so I'm slightly disappointed it didn't get a single vote. I'm going to be difficult and say I actually really like the moral there, it's one of my favourites, I was so worried it would turn out to be a generic kind of 'you've got to stand up to bullies' message, but in keeping with the whole FIM spirit they solved the problem by making friends. I don't think they made friends purely because she was also bullied, but it enabled it. It has a great song as well!

CMC episodes in general: I really like most of them but I couldn't include all of them so they're the most jarring for me to see here overall.

I'm also surprised at a few that are missing, meaning somepony voted for them when I really didn't think anypony would, so it'll be interesting to see where they end up placing.

Seasons:

Season 1: Trixie is a difficult situation for me because I like her as a character but I don't really rate any of her episodes. Fall Weather Friends, Feeling Pinkie Keen, and A Bird in the Hoof are all ones that came close for me.

Season 2: A Friend in Deed almost gets in to my top 20 for the song alone but when it's so close to call, the episode that's only there because of one song has to be the first to go unfortunately. I don't think the rest of the episode is bad though. Putting Your Hoof Down and Ponyville Confidential are perfectly decent.

Season 3: One Bad Apple aside. I agree with you @Eunos the Fool that the back to back episodes from different points of view was good, I personally think they're both somewhat underrated as episodes but they still didn't come close to my top 20.

Season 4: You know, it was interesting for me, I consistently give S4 as my favourite season when asked but I found it to be the most difficult of all six to pick individual episodes from that really stood out. Apart from the few that I did pick, of course, but it was surprisingly easy. I think what made the season so good was the overall average quality (not the quality of the best) and the overall story arc. Of those on this list I didn't particularly care for Bats or Inspiration Manifestation, but the others are all fine, easy top 50% material, but not top 20 material.

15. Eunos the Fool

Ok, let's carry on shall we.

Time to look at the unloved episodes from Season 5.

Season 5 was another decent season in my view, had a few meh ones, but they all do.

Would you believe it, 11 of the 24 choices once again failed to score any points, let's take a look.

Bloom & Gloom - Honestly, at this point, I was kinda starting to find the whole "Search for our Cutie Mark" angle a little tiresome, Somewhat reminded me Cutie Pox, but Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle already had a visit from Luna, I guess now it was Appleblooms turn.

Aplelosa's Most Wanted - It was good to be back in Aplelosa again but once again, not the best of episodes, it wasn't flat out bad but there were much better.

Princess Spike - This is one of my two least favourite episodes of Season 5, and they were both written by the same guy, once again Spike is written to be a complete idiot, one of my least favourite of all time.

Party Pooped - It wasn't an outright terrible episode, but some of the jokes got old really quickly, especially with the yaks, was good seeing Cherry Jubilee again and there was even a Beatles reference, but overall nothing really special.

Canterlot Boutique - I really liked this episode so kinda disappointing for me not to see it get any points, I liked Sassy Saddles and some of the new unicorns as side characters, I feel it deserved a few points but nevermind.

Made in Manehattan - I was happy to see my girl Coco Pommel back again, sadly however this was not quite as strong an outing, I still like Coco Pommel but hopefully the next time you show up will be a better ep.

The One where Pinkie Pie Knows - Oh look at that a Friends reference :p, but yeah this was a fun enough episode, although you would think Pinkie of all Ponies would have no problem keeping a secret, but still, we learn this is where Cadence is expecting a demon spawn.. I mean Baby :p .. Good ep but not the best, perhaps a few points wouldn't have hurt.

Hearthbreakers - This one I'm very saddened to see not get any Points, I really enjoyed this one, It was great seeing Pinkies other sisters and just all out great episode, very sad not to see this one in the points :(

Scare Master - A lot of people I know are bored of Fluttershy conquering fears all the time, I can see their point but I still enjoy it, All in all I enjoyed this episode so it is slightly disappointing not to see this one score points.

What about Discord? - Yeah, this is the 2nd episode I really did not like this season, and it was written by the same guy who wrote Princess Spike, I'm sure he is a cool dude in real life and I won't hate on the guy to much, but your episodes sucked.. I'm sorry but I have to be brutally honest here, at this point Discord is very hit and miss with me.

The Hooffields and McColts - I quite enjoyed the episode myself personally but it's nothing special so I guess I can understand it not making the points.

That's Season 5, now onto Season 6.

16. Eunos the Fool

Ok guys, I must apologise once again, I made another botch.

I accidently marked the same episode twice on my list, so it was 76 Episodes, not 77.

Meaning one extra failed to score points..

Hopefully I fixed it now but my apologies, even us experts mess up from time to time :p

-------------------------------

Sorry but I'm going to have to take a break from this for now and continue tomorrow, I've gone wrong somewhere.. Plus I have Star Wars in under an hour.

Sorry bout this, I promise I will fix this, This list isn't going anywhere.

#16 Eunos the Fool, 30 December 2016
    Last edited: 30 December 2016
  17. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Continuing...

Season 5: Conversely to what I said about S4, I have listed S5 as my least favourite in the past but I actually found it really easy to find lots of good stand-out episodes and it was hard narrowing it down, so doing this exercise has made me re-evaluate my opinion on S5, it was a great season I think.

Bloom & Gloom I'm probably the most disappointed of all about, it was position 21 on the final version of my list, in reserve in case any of the higher episodes fell down my ranking at the last minute. To my mind it's the best of the CMC-Luna dream trilogy, and they were all very good.

Apart from that I think it's about right.

18. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

I was about to dispute this being in the "no votes" list as it's actually one of my favourite season 4 episodes, but it turns out I think I forgot to put it in my Preference Revealer list when I did it. *heh* :oops:

Loganberry likes this.
  19. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I think you can tell that I didn't submit a list from this purely from the number of Spike episodes that didn't score any points. There's no way my list wouldn't have had the two Spike episodes from Season 3 or Equestria Games on it, as they were some of my favourite episodes from those seasons. Spike episodes do not suck! Princess Spike is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be either, although I can understand that and Owl's Well not making anyone's top 20 lists.

I'm surprised the One Where Pinkie Pie knows didn't score any points and yet MMMystery on the Friendship Express did. There's a few good episodes that didn't get any points, but there are a lot of episodes to choose from!

20. Eunos the Fool

Ok peops, I'm giving myself a bit of a Headache here, My list of episodes unloved is one more than it should be, Meaning One is in fact on the list or I have stuck one on twice by mistake, but Instead of giving myself unnecessary stress, I will just carry on.. Just know one episode mentioned today could in fact appear on the list.. Not Promising,