1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, Mista Squishy is running a fundraiser for Children In Need this year. Check out this thread for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A few users have been reporting problems receiving emails from us. Please read this for more info.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

UK PonyCon UK PonyCon 2018 (Nottingham, 13-14 Oct) -- Info and Discussion

Discussion in 'Conventions Discussion' started by Loganberry, 7 April 2018.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Important: I am not UK PonyCon staff. This thread is being posted here as a convenience to UK of E members.

The full details for this year's UK PonyCon have now been announced! They are as follows:

Venue: Nottingham Conference Centre (Google Maps)
    Dates: Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th October 2018
    Theme: Crystal

Tickets are not yet on sale -- they will be made available at midday UK time on Sat 28th April. However, those all-important prices have been released, and for those please see the official website's tickets page. You can find that here:

http://www.ukponycon.co.uk/tickets

Note that there have been a few tweaks to the ticket structure since last year, so it's worth reading that tickets page carefully. And if you're thinking of purchasing the VIP upgrade, bear in mind that VIP tickets completely sold out in six hours last year!

Further information about the convention, including visitor information, rules etc can be found on the official UK PonyCon site, which is here:

http://www.ukponycon.co.uk/

If you need an official answer to something, please use the con's official Contact page.

Please use this thread for general discussion about UK PonyCon. Thank you! :)

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  2. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Awesome.

I did Ponycon for the first time last year and really enjoyed it.

Nottingham isn't to bad, it is a slightly longer drive than Bristol was but nothing I can' handle.

I'm glad that it isn't the week straight before London MCM as well and that I should be paid before then.. (Doing both those events last year left a massive hole in my bank account >. <)

None the less I will try and pick up my ticket as soon as they come on sale. :)

3. Cheese Sandwich

Cheese Sandwich New Pony

Looking forward to this as it will be my first pony convention. Really wanted to go last year but unfortunately they had sold out by the time I got around to buying tickets.
    Thankfully I get paid on the day before tickets go on sale this year so I'll buy my tickets as soon as they are available.
    With it being in Nottingham it's further away from me than Bristol was last year so me and my friend will end up having to say somewhere locally for the weekend.

4. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Active Pony

How quickly do tickets sell out, usually?

5. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

It's been different every year, as venues have varying capacities, so it's hard to give a precise answer. Last year, VIP tickets sold out on the very first day, but from memory, normal tickets were available until about six weeks after they were released. On that occasion they managed to get more space and so could reopen ticket sales later, but I believe this year the venue capacity is fixed and so it'll be a "when they're gone, they're gone" situation.

The con committee do let people know when stocks are running low, which is a very good idea. However, my guess would be that if you're buying a Standard/Supporter ticket, you should be okay if you need to hold off for a little while. A few weeks will probably be okay, but a few months probably won't. As I say, though, it does change every year, so please don't treat that as anything certain.

Candy Yunagi likes this.
  6. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

Well my hotel is all booked so I'll be definitely going this year.