1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

UKofE Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ripp_, 10 February 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripp_

Ripp_ Now in Smoky Bacon flavour.

This server is no longer running, a lack of interest from the community and the costs involved have meant it has been shut down.

For those interested here is a download for the world saves.

News:
    The server is awaiting a stable build of new software following the bukkit issue before we update to 1.8, We are sorry we lack an ETA on this but it is out of our control
    The server now uses LWC for chest protection, as such current locks are not going to be in effect, please relock your things if you value them and refrain from rooting through other's things.
    Earth ponies can now open a crafting table anywhere and Zebras a brewing stand anywhere by cycling through their inventory with the inventory open key.
    Feedback on the convience of this, balancing and such like is appreciated and welcomed

Address: mcsrv.ukofequestria.co.uk
    Map: mcsrv.ukofequestria.co.uk/mcMap
    Version: 1.7 Survival

Welcome & Getting started!

If you wish to come play with us please make sure you have first of all read the Rules & Notes and Gaining access below. You should also read the quick plugin guide.

Rules & Notes:
    • No Griefing. This is any kind of destruction or interfering with another's builds or items
    • Keep it positive and happy. Remember this is a game
    • Keep everything PG-13 and SFW. Avoid swearing and explicit talk and builds
    • No impersonating others and No pretending (or implying) you are a server op
    In addition to these rules we must request you be considerate of you fellow players as such please try and refrain from making large redstone builds or large farms especially close to spawn as this causes severe problems for the server.

If you wish to report rule breaking, suspected rule breaking, issues with the server or otherwise wish to speak privitally with the operators you should PM all of us the forums.

The Operators are:
    Ripp_ (chao_master)
    FireSparkle (firestorm9597)
    electrokitty [This user has request their minecraft name not be shown for personal reasons]

Gaining Access
    The server is protected by a white list, to be allowed access you must post your in-game name here as well as proving you are trustworthy.
    Proving you are trustworthy will require around a dozen or so meaningful posts on the forums, meaningful is decide at the moderators discretion and the mods reserve the right to not whitelist people if we doubt their intentions.

Quick Plugin Guide
    To lock chests type /lock then click on the chest.
    You can unlock your chests with /unlock.
    You will be given pony powers based on your skin if it is compatable with mine little pony - the powers are described in details below, you will be told what you skin has been detected as when you login and you can also use the /pcheck command to check again.

Plugins:
    The server is mainly vanilla with a few extra plugins, the main 2 users need to know about are: Secure Chests and The UKofE Pony Pack.

The Server now uses LWC to manage chest security. Their getting started guide shows how to use it.
    The UKofE Pony Pack

The UKofE Pony Pack is a custom made plugin to grant pony like powers to our users.
    To get started you will need a Mine little Pony compatiable skin (See their skinning guide or skin downloads for more infomation)
    Then simply log onto the server and enjoy one of the following powers based on your skin:
    Earth Ponies: Fight better: you deal more damage and take less than other ponies. Work harder: Earth ponies tire slower and cannot starve. Farm better: Having been farming since the early days Earth ponies have tricks up their sleeves to harvest more crops.
    Earth ponies also now have a portable crafting table
    Unicorns: Magic! Unicorns get 2 spells. Right click with a map to teleport to the center of it or right click with a pickaxe to seek out nearby ores. Both spells will tire you though.
    Pegasi: Be able to get around faster than anypony else with your amazing powers of flight, and lets not forget about how quickly you can climb a mountain or escape a ravine. To complement flight, Pegasi also take no fall damage
    Zebras: Zebras are well versed in the art of the potion and ones they throw are known to be more powerful. In addition they have a portable brewing stand

Skin detection and power allocation
    The plugin is designed to work hand in hand with the client mod mine little pony, and follows their skinning guide's control pixel colours to determin what kind of pony you are.
    When you connect to the server the plugin will check your control pixel and assign you powers accordingly.
    However they are a few exceptions:
    1) If you have changed your skin within the last 24 hours the server will ignore subsequent changes (this is to prevent people rapidly swapping out skins for an unfair advantage)
    2) If you are playing an Alicorn at current you will have no powers (We are still figuring out how to balance them)
    3) If you are playing a changeling you will be given Peagasus Powers for now until they are implemented
    4) If the minecraft skin server is experiencing issues you will be assigned the skin you last used, even if it's changed.
    To check your current skin status use the /ponyinfo command which will show your currently assigned skin, the cached skin and when it expires and your webskin.
    Server Ops also have the ability to change your assigned skin and may do so on request if you have a legitimate reason, such as you regular play on non-Brony severs with friends who do not let know you are a Brony.
    Powers
    Unicorns

Unicorns have access to 2 spells: Teleportation and gem location to use right click with a map or pickaxe respectively. Both spells take a moment to charge during which time you mustn't move else the spell will cancel. Both spells also impact heavily on your hunger bar (Unicorns are used to a life of luxorous food)
    Teleporation will teleport you and all nearby players to near the centre of the map you right clicked with, you will always be teleported to the surface but you may end up a few feet in the air. Teleportation will work in both the overworld and the nether, though due to the layout of the nether some area will fail in their casting [This may be a bug, I am looking into it]
    Gem location will allow you to see through rock to locate nearby gemstones. Whilst it will work with any level pickaxe, higher grade pickaxes will work better, with gold being the best. Once the spell is charged you will be able to see clearly (glass) but whilst it is chraging you will only see ice [NB: at current there is a bug where the glass one apear untill you start moving this is knongwn and being worked on]
    Earth Ponies
    All earth pony abilites are passive.
    Earth ponies are strong warriors dealing more damage and taking less, around 10% more or less.
    Since they are used to the harsh outside land you will find Earth Ponies grow hungery slower while working, let again another 10% slower.
    In addition earth ponies will never fully go hungry due to their amazing stamina.
    Finally earth ponies farm with more effecientlly reciving bonus crops [NB: This is reported broken and I am looking into it]
    Pegasi
    Flight! Pegasi can fly by double tapping space as long as your hunger is above 3 pieces.
    Pegasi also don't take fall damage.
    Zebras
    Adapt in the way of the potion, Splash potions thrown by Zebras have extra potenty and less of a fall off on their effects (as in +1 potentiy and no fall off)
    Reap the benifits and make friends by using splash healing with massive effectiviness!
    Finally this plugin is new and custom made, report any bugs or things you think are bugs to me so I can fix them or make them seem less like bugs. Also feedback on blancing is very much welcomed

#1 Ripp_, 10 February 2012
    Last edited: 10 November 2015
    xdrawrxd and flooperfloop3 like this.
  2. Skittys

Skittys Permanently Banned

I'm not white-listed? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

3. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

I laughed. Anyway, sounds cool, I'll join in a bit to check it out. I haven't been on MC for a while though.

4. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

Oh wait, didn't I mention the whitelisting? Oh dear.

-fixed-

And yeah, server's up and ready for building.

5. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

My Minecraft name is Scalier , If you've still got spaces :)

6. SailedSeven

SailedSeven Guest

SailedSeven here, looking forward to joining.

7. Skittys

mines jasonlib1996 (Stolen from a friend but he doesn't use it anymore)

8. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

Done & done.

9. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

Little sitrep before I sleep and wake up later....

We've established a tower which is our base right now, there's a mineshaft near it and such. Everything is being shared.
    We have no objective as of yet, but plans are to build either a Town or a castle for the New Luna Republic. Anyone who supports the Celestian Royal Army is okay here, until they start their own home...

And KFrohman owes me my bow back.

That's all for this Morning, I'll see you all later :)

10. Ripp_

Down the mine shart part way is a path to a spider spawner, dont destroy it needs a grinder set up so we can get free woll

11. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

I was wondering where the heck I picked that up from. Didn't realise I had it until 10 minutes ago. :V

12. Bustabeat

Bustabeat why hello there

hey usernames bustabeat2

13. Tibbs

Tibbs cats.

14. Sinchu9

Sinchu9 New Pony

Just joined UK of Equestria :D
    My MC username is Sinchu9

15. Ripp_

>.>
    BUCK
    AND STAY OFF MA LADERS!

dj_pon3 and Silvarrn like this.
  16. DJpon3

DJpon3 Officially Unofficial

You Mad Bro?

17. Ripp_

not really I got 7 gunpowder for revenge if I need too.

18. Skittys

Joined game, all alone, raining, night, start getting attacked. I **** A BRICK!

ShortCatt likes this.
  19. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

Just did the same thing myself. I don't normally play survival multiplayer, I just do creative/sandbox or whatever it's called offline. It takes a while getting used to having to protect yourself and making all materials rather than just spawning them. I'm still trying to figure out how to make things like ladders, bricks, torches, weapons/tools etc. I know there's probably guides online everywhere, but I can't really be bothered to look/learn. I'll just learn through trial and error eventually.

20. Skittys

What? Oh no no no. I know how to play, I'm just an idiot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.