1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

UKPonyCon Leicester Mini-Meets 2015! Feedback Thread.

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by Nekky, 12 October 2015.

1. Nekky

Nekky Inactive Pony

Heyyy Everypony! :)
    Hopy Y'all had a great time at PonyCon! :D
    I know I had Fun! :p

This is the Feeback Thread for the "UKPonyCon Leicester Mini-Meets'! 2 (Before & After) 9th Oct / 12th Oct!" PonyCon 2015!

Whether you just happened you joined us by chance, or joined us from finding out about these from the Confirmed Event Thread!
    If you are reading this, I would just like to say thank you for the coming.
    It was awesome meeting everpony, and hope to see y'all again next year, should you be attending, I know i Will! :D

Any and all Feedback is Welcome! ;)

I would also like to say a quick apology for managing to lose @Blaze_Midnight , Not Once... But Twice... on the Friday... :oops:
    Im a Terrible Pony... :(

I shall either be helping out with, or running these again next year! :)
    once we know more on where PonyCon will be held next year, & plans have been drawn up, i shall let you know! :)

Again, Thanks for coming everypony! :D
    Wouldn't have been the same without you! ;)

2. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Don't worry about losing me @Nekky, just remember that it could have been worse/

It was a pleasure meeting you and the Leicester Bronies again.

Nekky likes this.
  3. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Thanks for setting everything up - you may just have invented the 'UKPonyCon Fringe' :)

Nekky likes this.
  4. Stormblaze

Stormblaze Purple song pone

Really awesome to meet you UKofE lot that are new to me ^^ thanks loads for coming to my stall and buying or bidding on my artwork. means a lot. I was down to just 3 FNAF Pinkie Pie Prints!
    If im honest I was expecting UKPC to be very kiddie and just pastelly with all the G1 stuff, but I was very very surprised how awesome the con was and how much fun I had! I will certainly be back next year. Gonna try that best stall contest next year =3
    Im gonna keep using the word awesome, because it just was, super awesome hanging out with the BUCK gang. I never got to properly hang out and chat with you (apart from Neth) and I loved every minute of it =D

I'll be putting up my full report 2moz on my DA and FB pages.

5. Magosreborn

Magosreborn Whats the worst that could happen

I had booked my hotel and train by the time I was aware of the pre/post meet so I was unable to turn up for the Friday but it was nice to chill post con and have a pleasant chat getting to know people on the Monday.

Being my first con and first chance to meet people I had a blast and really enjoyed it, I should really look into getting some sort of name badge created as everyone's looks really impressive and makes it so much easier.

Nekky and Stormblaze like this.
  6. Stormblaze

I am now the (un)official live MLP character creator! LOL

7. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Ooh, missed this thread earlier! I was (as usual) a bit nervous coming along on Friday evening, what with so many people I'd never met in person -- but it was really nice, and a great way to kick off the con weekend. Huge thanks to everyone, especially @Nekky for doing such a fine job running things! :) I'm sad I couldn't drop in for the post-con breakfast on Monday morning, but travel/logistics prevented that. Delighted to hear the "Fringe" will be running again next year -- it really gives the con a little something extra. :)

Nekky likes this.
  8. Nekky

Nekky Inactive Pony

Heh... yeah! :oops:
    everything was fine thou! :)

was awesome meeting you again, will have to try keep in touch, not i got my OC a little more shelled out, i may have to work on his backstory more & join you for some RP Goodness! ;)
    would be a totally noobie to it all thou! haha... :p

And thank you for coming, was awesome to have soo many ponies all in one place, all getting along, and getting to know everypony.
    We may have started them, but its Everypony that makes them! :)

And yes! the UKPonyCon Fringe is Planed for next year, if i can make it. :D

Was Totally Awsome To Meet You Too! :D
    yeah i was sad to hear that noone brought the Firefly or UKPonyCon Space Pony, so i went to the auction with the intention of bidding them up, with what i had left. :p
    never thought i would win one, but am happy, all your art pieces are awesome! ;)
    yeah UKPC has grew over the years & seems to incorporate all areas of everything pony quite well.
    is awesome fun all round, best of luck with best stall next year! :p
    awesome awesome awesome!
    yes, yes you are! :p
    Love your changelings btw! ;)
    and am over the moon with mine! [​IMG]

was awesome too meet ya too, even if it was just for a short time! :(
    i wasn't sure if i was doing them this year, but i got them in with some time to spare. ;)
    i shall get them up sooner for next year, long as i know i can make them happen, once we know where it is being held next year! :)

year con-badges with your name on, & whatever group you happen to be a part of are good ideas! ;)
    just made a quick one with my current avatar for this year, but some people have some really nice ones! :)
    you could easy do the same with your current avatar i reckon, would suffice. :)

totally understandable, i used to be a little scared of the larger crowds... [​IMG]
    but this fandom, is awesome and has helped me to come out my shell quite a bit! [​IMG]

glad you had a great time at the con, & the various meetings throughout. :)
    indeed, great way to kick the con off. most people travel up the day before, so there ready for the con, & some travel back the day after, so there in no major rush.
    so seemed like a great idea last year, & happy i was able to make them happen again this year, they got a bit more crazy this year with more people, but worked out great all the same! :D
    Awww thank you! [​IMG]
    But as i said before, I Can't & I Won't take all the credit.
    I may have threw the idea out there that we all do something again this year, and drew up some basic guidelines.
    But they where mostly copied from last years mini-meets with some amendments, which i worked on with @Hurricane our local Leicester meet admin.
    so give a hoof there too everypony! :)
    & also too you guys & gals attending, without you, they would not happen, and would not be magic! :D

-----

again, thanks everypony! :D

was awesome to see you all, and hope you all had a awesome con! ;)
    lets do this again next year! [​IMG]

9. Loganberry

Oh yes. I was there for your first ever Leicester meet, and I remember you saying how nervous you were beforehand. It's amazing what this fandom can do. :)

Nekky likes this.
  10. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

Well, UK Ponycon was great fun and well worth the journey. Many thanks to the organisers! Great, civilised atmosphere, and obviously caters well to the youngsters (as it should do) as well as older fans. I may write more specific feedback soon when I get the time. I will definitely go next year as long as the date and place are manageable.

Meanwhile, it was great to meet so many new people in person for the first time. Thanks also to @Nekky for organising the Friday tour of Leicester and pub meet.

Shame I had to leave early on Sunday to catch flight home so I missed the later events then.

11. Violet Rose

Violet Rose Minky is a Sometimes Food

The mini-meets were the highlight of the convention for me! Especially because, during the con itself, I was constantly at my table and usually in a bit of a sewing haze :p

The distinctive WonderColt Picard outfit (...someone help me think of a catchier name) definitely helped me spot the pony people, as did the plushies all over the tables, that was a really good idea.

Nekky and Stormblaze like this.
  12. Nekky

Nekky Inactive Pony

my 1st ever meet was the Birmingham February Fluttershy Meet, where we had LOADS of ponys, good job we had a few none flutters there, otherwise i bet we all would have just stood around quietly not speaking up. [​IMG]

was a awesome time thou, and much enjoyed! :)

yeah its great that it manages to entertain all age groups & fans of all generations. :)
    last year i went as a solely G4 fan, not knowing what to expect, but i left with an appreciation & like for the older gens too! :p
    the feedback thread for the convention itself is here: http://ukofequestria.co.uk/threads/uk-ponycon-2015-post-convention-feedback-thread.16757/
    this thread here is just for the mini-meets! ;)

likewise, was awesome to meet everypony! :D
    wish you the best of luck with BronyScot, hope all goes well, thou im unlikely able to make it. :(
    another year maybe! :)

Awww... thats soo sweet of you to say... thank you! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    we really enjoyed them too! :D

Erm? as for a name, i didn't have one... lol
    just wanted to tie in with the space theme somehow!
    WonderColt Picard Works? thou i have alittle more hair than him. :p
    yeah plushies were everywhere last year too, thou there was significantly more this year, lets go for even more next year hey? :D

@Violet Rose Mini Octavia is sat nicely on top of my 2nd monitor, she kept jumping off my main monitor & attacking me while using my keyboard. :p

13. Violet Rose

Violet Rose Minky is a Sometimes Food

Lol, I need to figure out a way to make them not quite so front-heavy, short of stuffing their tails with sand :p

14. Stormblaze

lul added the con memories to my sig XD

15. Loganberry

That idea definitely spread, so it was a great one -- and one I'm sure will be repeated. Also, it was nice to meet you briefly at one of the pub meals. :)
    Whoops, quite right! I misremembered, as I often do. :oops: That was probably the most inappropriately named meet ever! Still, the mini-meets you ran for UK PonyCon had even more people. :)

16. Cogsworth

Cogsworth BronyScot - Venue Manager

UKponycon was a blast and it was awesome to meet a lot of you all! Same time next year I hope

17. fiddlepony

fiddlepony happy in her own skin

Thank you so much Nekky for setting up the pre con meet. It made me feel at home and i got to know some faces so it wasnt so overwhelming the next day. I had a fantastic time and look forward to seeing everypony again next year

Nekky likes this.