1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Undertale [Steam]

Discussion in 'Games' started by May, 28 September 2015.

1. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

As you want to work it out yourself I will not say anything else. :p

2. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

Worked it out! :D

I got the True Ending last night. It was so worth the time. Now attempting the genocide route and,
    wow, has the tone changed in the monster world. Everyone's really playing up the 'non-human' aspect of my actions. I'll put in another all-nighter today for effect.

3. Sunflowmon

Sunflowmon *You're gonna have a bad time

I absolutely love Undertale, I've completed a Neutral, True Pacifist and a Genocide run, Geno final boss took me two weeks to beat... Worth.
    I really wish there was like a boss rush mode though, I really enjoy the fights

4. Corduroy Road

Two weeks. ;f I'm on my third day. Not much progress can be made until I have the boss nailed down.

I've never been familiar with the creator Toby Fox's works. How do they stand out?

Undertale's soundtrack, though... gosh. Each night I find myself listening to the remixed tracks based on whatever I fancy listening to at the time. Now I'm after some vocalised remixes, wherever they are.

5. Sunflowmon

Sunflowmon *You're gonna have a bad time

Haha :p I only tried 2-3 times a day though, I find I get worse if I try over and over again xD

The soundtrack is fantastic, I love Hopes and Dreams... Megalovania... Death by Glamour... All of them...

Corduroy Road likes this.
  6. Corduroy Road

On the fifth night... I did it. I'm all fired up to track down the other- uh, wait...

...multiple endings.

To keep from spoiling myself from the game, this was what I did on the first two runthroughs. I actually rebooted the game when I reached the Flowey boss, taking the file save mystery into great caution and not realising that he can be beaten after all. Back then I had no expectations at all of what can be done, but a fortnight since playing Undertale after lying on my desktop menu months beforehand, I'm having a good time with it.

I'm inspired.

Sunflowmon likes this.
  7. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

Been playing on a bit more, everytime it starts growing on me, another boss fight comes along and I'm right back to being annoyed with the game. I can't bloody stand them, the normal fights are bad enough as it is without making everything extremely repetitive. I think I counted up to about fourteen minutes of straight 'fighting' on the current one before I finally lost it with no apparent end insight.

It's a shame really, I'd love the game so much more if it weren't for the cack handed encounters.

Update:

I'm at the Asgore fight, been interesting so far but I'm a little stumped by what to do here, am I literally being shoehorned into fighting to the death or what? He's already killed me 'more times than I can count' but nothing appears to have changed.

#27 BLame, 11 February 2016
    Last edited: 13 February 2016