1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Unusual G1 Bowtie?

Discussion in 'My Little Pony G1-G3 Merch' started by Alicestar, 27 January 2015.

1. Alicestar

Alicestar Well-Known Pony

Hey everypony,
    I've come across a G1 Bowtie that I can't seem to identify! This one is in collectors pose, has concave feet and is stamped Hong Kong 1982. I thought the first ever manufactured Bow Tie was in 1983 and in Bow Tie pose or shy pose. Also, I understood that the chinese models of Bow Tie were all in shy pose. Can anypony help?

2. Eurocoin

Eurocoin Finnish MLP-blogger

Only thing I can help you with is that the years on the hooves indicate the year that mold was made, not the production year of the pony itself.

3. brucecore dazzle

brucecore dazzle Plastic pony painter!

I don't know a whole lot about G1 but, perhaps a prototype?

4. pinkkittywinks

pinkkittywinks Princess Kittywinks

She is the European release :) the UK got both shy pose and collectors pose Bowtie and Applejack. They were released in two different sets. The shy pose version was released in 1983 and the collectors pose were released in 1985 :)

Also Bowtie was never made in China, only Hong Kong ;) she was made in Italy, Colombia, Greece, Peru, Spain, South Africa and a few other places I think I've forgotten!

I hope this helps.

Love pkw xxx

5. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

3199465257_ed3a87ff03.jpg

I thought this said "Unusual G1 Bowie"