1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Unusual Pony Merch

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Snowyshy, 7 February 2015.

1. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

We all know plushies, brushables, blind bags, t-shirts, whatever. Does anyone have any odd pony merch or unusal pony stuff? Just stuff that's out of the ordinary and you don't see everyday.

Mom picked me up awhile back foaming hand soap, the odd part was that it was in the shape of Pinkie Pie sitting. Even funnier is how she has a pump through her head and the soap apparently has a raspberry scent. Personally I would expected strawberry because of it being pink.

I also have a set of Christmas lights, all of them shaped like Fluttershy.

That's just two I could think of. Anyone else have any unusual pony merch that's just out of the ordinary?

2. Yurishy

Yurishy The Forum Brony... oh, wait...

I saw a pinkie pie nightlight. Considering the actual age rating for the show, that probably isn't unexpected.

3. Cendaquenta

I have the Twilight nightlight, it's quite a nice thing.
    One sort-of-odd thing I've seen is the papercraft playsets, with little boxy versions of the characters. They're quite cute, in their way. I own something similar but without the boxiness, a "Fashion and Friendship" storybook and "press-out playset", as it calls it, based on Green Isn't Your Colour. I've never assembled it but it looks good - you can make Carousel Boutique, the spa, and a runway, along with Fluttershy, Rarity, Twilight, Pinkie and Spike and a whole bunch of props.
    Some of the stuff that comes off the magazine can be rather quirky as well - there's a Fluttershy-themed toy banjo thing around here somewhere. :p

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  4. Snowyshy

Cool, I've seen a few nightlights at Toys R Us a few times.

Ah I've seen those papercrafts at Hot Topic if I remember correctly. Never heard of a storybook like that before, that actually reminds me. I got this board book for Christmas, and in the back there were sections with a bunch of blind bag sized figures and a mat. Interesting thing is the figures are not blind bag figures, but they are pony figures in poses different than blind bags.

Haha, that banjo sounds cute. Reminds me at a local drug store's seasonal section for Christmas, they had a drum set with Pinkie Pie on it.

Also, I got a piece of metal decor with Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Rarity on it that says "Friendship Is Magic" and had cupcakes in the background. Really cute, and I picked it up about half-price. There was other metal decor at the store, and since I don't remember seeing it online, I took pics and submitted them to Equestria Daily to let others know, since it was a chain store across the US.

#4 Snowyshy, 7 February 2015
    Last edited: 7 February 2015
  5. ipaintpurplerainbows

ipaintpurplerainbows Well-Known Pony

These sound so cute!! I wish I had these but I wouldn't limit them to just christmas-time.
    I'd have them displayed all year :p

6. Snowyshy

They are, here's a picture of one I took to show @Cloudane back in December...
    1204141635a.jpg

They are still up in my room, only because I don't know how to store them without damaging them. I'm thinking a special container just to store them.

Gene and Cloudane like this.
  7. ipaintpurplerainbows

Oh my gosh!! Where did you find these?

8. Snowyshy

I've seen them in Toys R Us (keep in mind I live in the US), but the set I got was a gift from my mom. :)

9. ipaintpurplerainbows

They're so cool!! I hope to go to America next year and I plan to buy a lot of pony stuff (I'll probably take an empty suitcase and buy everything there) :rolleyes:

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  10. Hampshire Brony

Hampshire Brony Shaun of the dead

I tried to modify some MLP merch in an unusual way.

I got a Glamour Glow Rarity and tried to upgrade the lights in her.

The full saga is here, but the TL;DR is "Replacement lights won't fit. Rarity not designed to have strobes."

Snowyshy likes this.
  11. Icy Rain

Icy Rain Pony

I have a rarity hat with her hair at the back. Its really weird

12. Irishbrony

Irishbrony Insert cool title here

i found a pony bracelet. it was made of metal and it had the main six as charms attached to it.

13. Icy Rain

Icy Rain Pony

I have that too!

14. Irishbrony

Irishbrony Insert cool title here

then you my friend have good taste

15. Snowyshy

Haha, strobe light Rarity. XD Shame it couldn't be done, that would have been something. Only light up ponies I have are the talking Funrise plushies. Cutie marks light up.

Ooh, that sounds really nice.

16. Snowyshy

Here's a piece of unusual merch. In the US, almost every supermarket where I live sells "decorated" cookies. These are officially licensed cookies based off cartoon characters, like Spongebob, Dora the Explorer, Hello Kitty, Minions, just to name a few.

Mom and I went to this Italian market today, and I found this...
    0330151457.jpg

Yes! This confirms that ponies are indeed very sweet! :3

Robshi, MCtoastie and Irishbrony like this.
  17. Snowyshy

Apologies for third post, this is something special I saved for today! Didn't edit it in since it's days apart actually. I'll leave it up to the mods since it's rare that I triple post days apart.

Happy Easter everypony, have an egghead to put your eggs in (she reads Daring Do, which is books, therefore egghead).
    0405151316.jpg
    0405151316a.jpg

Was sold in the US at Targets, wasn't going to get one, then Mom and I decided to because it's such a weird piece of merch. Rainbow Dash plush Easter basket! For the times you want to put eggs into the egghead, or stuff it with ponies.

We do not do baskets anymore, for Easter, I usually get one or two things. For fun mom stuffed it with a few VeggieTales DVDs and a My Little Pony watch. Birthday is on Tuesday, so I'm anticipating more pony then. :p Wanted to post this on Easter.

18. Cendaquenta

Oh please say there's a Twilight version.

19. Snowyshy

Sadly they don't. :( Closest is a typical character basket with Pinkie, Fluttershy, Twilight, and Dash on all four sides (one side per pony).

They should have, marketing would have been great! XD

20. Icy Rain

Icy Rain Pony

When showing my sister your pictures, she didn't admire the basket she admired your collection in the background.
    All I could hear from her room was ''Wow!'' and ''They don't have these in the uk!''

DerpyWhooves, Cloudane and Snowyshy like this.