1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Video Game Confessions

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheDashingJack, 17 September 2013.

1. TheDashingJack

TheDashingJack "An excellent UKoE user."

Hello, all! Do you have any video game confessions about the games we play and love? Maybe you like a game/series that is hated a lot, or you think a particular game is overrated. Don't be afraid to express it here! It can be any franchise you like and please.

I'll start with my one, unashamedly:

I absolutely love the New. Super Mario Bros series to death. Yes, I get it, the music is the same and all of that zippadidoda, but each game gives off incredible level design and such a cute, nostalgic charm that its impossible for me to hate. It sometimes baffles me how some people label the whole series as "the downfall of mario games" and others.

Now's your turn! Have fuuuuuuun!

2. Dylia

Dylia Jeune Fille Garnement

Hmmmmmn. I'm not sure, but I'm a massive fan of Mario games, even if they feel/ are exactly the same.

3. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

The car sequence in 'Alone in the dark' infuriated me so much that i literally threw the disc out the window. The next day i found it in the bush, retrieved it and proceeded to put it in the microwave and then stamped on it until i got tired.

Edit: Even thinking about it now, after all this time, makes me angry.

Dylia likes this.
  4. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

i dunno how prince of Persia the forgotten sands stands on popularity but its one of those games that have really captured my interest.

#4 Eiro, 17 September 2013
    Last edited: 17 September 2013
  5. SonicCharge

SonicCharge Former Rain Cloud.

When I was 8-ish I was addicted to pokemon. And by addicted I mean OVERLY OBSESSED!
    Even now I still like it but now obsessed with ponies even more

6. CommanderAd1805

CommanderAd1805 Habitual Pony

When my parents brought me the football games when I was about 10 or so I used to switch to the opposing team during mid game score loads of own goals switch back and claim my undeserved victories. Now I despise those type of games.

7. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

I'm stupidly stubborn about the games I play. I will come up with senseless excuses not to play ones that I don't like even one particular aspect of or don't enjoy in the first five minutes, but I'll also force myself to play games in a given series for the sake of completion even if I don't particularly like them. I particularly loathe games with any level of realistic life simulation in them, just because I'm so scared I'll screw up and give a bad life to the people within. I broke down in tears within minutes of my first (and last) playing of a Sims game.

8. SonicCharge

SonicCharge Former Rain Cloud.

I once deleted the toilet :D It was kinda funny until the cat drank the sims wee o_O

9. IceTurtle92

IceTurtle92 Active Pony

Hold on to your bedside cos this may rock your world. I've never played Half-life 2 all the way through yet. I do see it's appeal and why it's loved by many, it is a programming masterpiece after all. But it was always bogged down under my other games at the time, including Portal and Oblivion.
    Another confession is how much I think older Pokemon designs are overrated. Many people give Vanilluxe stick for being unoriginal (seriously, wtf? Vanilluxe is awesome) but frankly all Gens have bad designs. Seriously, Gen I had a Pokeball Pokemon for crying outloud

10. Derpmuffin

Derpmuffin Letting people down is my thing, baby

My first sonic game was zero gravity.
    I had SSBB and lost it. It's all I think about half the time when on the Wii.

11. Cuttleshock

My second-favourite Zelda game is... *deep breath*... Four Swords Adventure.

12. TheDashingJack

Dude, I loved that game.

I live to the day I die to know why people hate that game so much.

Cuttleshock likes this.
  13. Cuttleshock

I really have no idea. It's just not considered a 'proper' Zelda game due to its structure, and that's about it. And single-player is good enough, but on multiplayer... better even than NSMB Wii, I'd have to say.

Less controversially, my favourite is Wind Waker. Third is Minish Cap, not sure how that holds up.

14. TheDashingJack

Fair enough with Wind Waker there. I take it you are excited for the HD version?

15. Cuttleshock

Alas, the Wii U is still out of my reach for a while. Reasons for this include that I still have so many Gamecube games to play and replay (meaning my first course of order is to fix my Wii), that it doesn't have quite enough games yet to warrant it, that I'm gaming less and less with exams coming up, and that it's just too expensive. I didn't get a Gamecube until about 2003 or a Wii until the summer of 2008, so it seems reasonable that it'll take me a couple more years to get to the next generation.

16. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

Game Over screens used to scare me.

17. TheDashingJack

18. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

*gasp*

Um... a little. 16-Bits are just plain frightening.

19. FXPON01

FXPON01 Spreads Peace Through Strength

- I actually enjoyed the sailing in Wind Waker, the graphics and music mesmerised me.

- My total DLC costs for Ace Combat 6 cost more than the game itself.

- I have tendency to buy certain games multiple times, just because.

- I like to take a deep smell whenever I open a newly opened box that was once shrink-wrapped.

- I only ever buy shrink wrapped games if at all possible.

- I bought up almost the entire stock of worthwhile PS2 games in Gibraltar one Christmas.

20. 5L0TH

5L0TH Forever late

I have a SNES right next to me that I've never played and I've had it for around 3 years.