1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Warhammer, Warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'Games' started by Broadsword201290, 31 March 2013.

1. Broadsword201290

hey i didn't see any thread like this (although that may have been because i didn't look hard enough).
    anywho, if anyone plays either of these games; what army do you play and have you done any cool conversions or individual pieces?

also if anyone has made any mlp minitures for these games i'd love to see what you've made.

DSC01565.JPG
    stuff like this (sorry for it being so blurry).

2. Azureshadic

Azureshadic Active Pony

I've got 2000 points worth of Imperial Guard and about 505 points of Grey Knights.
    No real converts or individuals, I'm not really that good of a painter or modeller myself.

3. ForbiddenReaper

ForbiddenReaper Squidling of Ika Musume

Haven't played for just over 6 months or so, but I do have a Tau army of around 1500 points or so. Been wanting to get back to it actually, just haven't had much time (Or money). :(

4. Azureshadic

Azureshadic Active Pony

Y'know the Tau have just gotten their 6th ed update right?

You've gotten even more stuff, some reworked rules, and the Riptide, which you have too look at.

5. ForbiddenReaper

ForbiddenReaper Squidling of Ika Musume

Awesome, been waiting for an update for the Tau for a few years, need to get around to replacing my codex too, which is literally just many loose individual pages. Off to the GW website I go!

[EDIT]
    Hardcover codex! Where have you been all my life?

6. Azureshadic

Azureshadic Active Pony

All the 6th ed ones are hardcovers.

So far that includes the Dark Angels, Chaos Marines, Chaos Deamons and now the Tau.

As a side note, I think the Eldar are next, due to the fact that they are the only ones still using a 4th ed codex.

[Edit] Huh, apparently the Orks and the Black Templar are also using 4th ed as well. Could be one of them instead.

7. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

8. Azureshadic

Azureshadic Active Pony

Huh, well, I knew this would have at least one thread on the site, and this one was the only one I found.

9. Broadsword201290

i didn't find it either, oh well.
    still i hope templars and orks get their updates soon, i wanna start using them again (not that i don't like my gks i just want to play my old armies).

either way the new tau stuff looks good and as an added bonus no more s10 railguns!!!:)

10. Azureshadic

Azureshadic Active Pony

no, just a s8 with optional skyfire.

my (IG) vendetta was the only real thing that could be considered hard to kill by most of the tau AT units

11. Broadsword201290

only my land raider's stand against their guns now as i just found out the pathfinders get r30" s6 ap2 rapid fire guns grrr!

12. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

I posted in the other thread, but I collect Space Marines and have a blue, pink and yellow army. I don't have any MLP models as such, but I have painted one of my Librarians to resemble Twilight Sparkle, so I don't know if that counts.

[​IMG]

I'm working on an all purple version in Terminator armour currently to go with my Peace Crusader 'Deathwing' list.

Broadsword201290 likes this.
  13. Broadsword201290

that's pretty cool, the head's from the space wolf spue isn't it?

14. NuggetBiscuit

NuggetBiscuit The Luna Wolf

Kinda on topic, wanting to expand my Black Library stuff, I have rather alot of 40K stuff but only a handful of Warhammer novels.
    So, is Gotrek and Felix any good if anyone knows?
    Really all I have for the Old World is Malus Darkblade

15. Broadsword201290

never read it, is it a fantasy WH one?

16. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

Aye, that it is.

I've heard pretty good things about the series, although I've no personal experience with any of the WHF range beyond The Burning Shore, I think it was. That was pretty good, but I don't know if you'd get your hands on it these days and I'm sure there are better Fantasy books than that obscure single one. If you were after 40k books I'd be all over that though.

17. NuggetBiscuit

Yeah, as far as I knew it was one of the biggest titles for Warhammer novels, has quite a few books out heard good things but haven't looked at it yet.
    40k is my buisness, I have shelves with no other books on them, just started reading Pariah from Ravenor vs Eisenhorn, then i've got Salvation's Reach to read, then over to Caiphas Cain and then back to the Heresy
    I'm set for 40k but always up for an argument about it XD

18. Broadsword201290

on the topic of 40k books i've been looking for one called 15 hours. it's about the training of guardsmen (or so i've been told) and i really wanted to read it but i couldn't find it on the BL website.

19. NuggetBiscuit

Amazon

20. Broadsword201290

joke is i tried everywhere bar amazon, i just didn't think of it.