1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Warhammer, Warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'Games' started by Broadsword201290, 31 March 2013.

1. TheDamnedScribe

TheDamnedScribe Royal Guard Armourer

Went into my local GW today for some glue, as I was passing... came out with glue, paint, purity seal, a new set of 40k rulebooks, and a Taurox Prime...

...dammit.

2. GinaGin

GinaGin Well-Known Pony

hahahahahahahahaha

3. They brain-diddled you! You must learn the ways of Privateer Press to become immune to it!

4. Twisted_Tempest

Twisted_Tempest Certified Hoonigan

If anyone's ever heard of the PC game "Mount and Blade: Warband" There's a total conversion mod that changes it to Warhammer (The Fantasy game, not 40K) so I'd recommend that to fans of the tabletop. The Mod is called "Warsword: Conquest". Check it out if you're interested. :)

5. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Dwarves are best Warhammer race.
    Does the mod have dwarves in?

Twisted_Tempest likes this.
  6. Twisted_Tempest

Twisted_Tempest Certified Hoonigan

Yup. They're in there. :p

7. Aethelberdia

Hoorah!
    Or, as Final Fantasy puts it, Lali-ho!

Twisted_Tempest likes this.
  8. TheDamnedScribe

Not really, I had my credit card with me, which is dangerous at the best of times, and I need to learn the latest rules for 40k and rebuild an army before BUCK.

9. TheDamnedScribe

Swiftly moving on...

My armoured company has an urban colour scheme, but rather than just having grey tanks, I was thinking of doing something a bit special. Specifically, Berlin Brigade digital camo:

[​IMG]

Do you think it can be done well enough on Leman Russ and Chimera chassis to be a good choice?

Or should I just go with an urban splinter/dappled scheme?

10. Aethelberdia

Leman Russes (plurals shmurals) are the driving force of my brother's military. Literally.
    I think it could be done, given a ruler and the right paints. Better yet, use card and spray paints.
    It's certainly going to be quite hard if you're going to keep the straight lines, but I've seen some models with that kind of design.

11. DynamiteMonkey

DynamiteMonkey Dino is best Magical Girl

Just got the updated Imperial Guard Astra Militarium (Imperial Guard dammit!) codex. Prepare to be judged.

12. Stargazer

Stargazer In love with a witch and proud bf to Tak

Just trying to get back into the game, been out of it for about 8-9 months (a big change from playing it weekly). My first problem is finding that last bits of motivation to get my armies usable again (first my necrons then my daemons).

13. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

Masking tape and a stanley knife? Put that on there and bam, easy straight lines ;D

14. Aethelberdia

Yes, but whenever I try tape to block off parts of a model it rips half the paint off too and is hard to remove. But then again, I do play for the game more than the miniatures (apart from my unit of fabulous Tau in pink and rainbow colours :p) so I'm not the best source of information.

15. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

Try taking the masking tape, sticking it to something that won't be damaged (the back of your hand is fine) and peel it off - do it a few times til its lost much of its tackiness, and then it should be much safer to use on potentially delicate models. It's fiddly and pernickety, and theres probably better ways of doing it, but the effect you get is quite a nice one ;D

16. Lawliott

Lawliott Pony

You can buy low-tack masking tape, or running your fingers down the strip works quite well too.Alternately you can buy liquid masking, which washes off, but then i guess you have the problem of how to get that on in straight lines.... :/

17. TheDamnedScribe

I be using professional masking tape left over from painting a car (and also nerf guns). Will let you know how it goes.

18. Lawliott

Lawliott Pony

So after a long hiatus, missing a whole edition of the game, I decided to pick up a copy of the new rules last month and put together something playable.

Going with a nurgle themed chaos marine list as I already have something I can use as a daemon prince painted up. Also some helldorado models that will do for spawn and some plague marines.

The army is centered around the daemon prince at his ascension/apotheosis, when he dedicates his soul to nurgle in order to save what is left of his battle brothers after the imperium send them to die. It has 7 squads of 7 men, plus the prince in 1500 points and a few spawn and cultists and things extra to bring it up to 2000 if need be. As they are just turning to chaos there are a lot of marine parts used in the army and I trimmed off a lot of the spikes and bits from the chaos. This was replaced with nurgley looking things, pipes and tubes and maggots etc.

Anyways. I'm still building it up and am looking for a little feed back on what I have done, and a little help in getting some ideas for other bits.

Some spawn pics and stuff done so far should be in the link below to give an idea of the style.

http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/Lawliott/slideshow/Nurgle mabobs

I'm not sure what else to do. The terminators need jazzing up a bit more, but perhaps I can do that with their bases rather than making the models too OTT. The main place I am stuck is the vindicator. I don't want to just glue little skull triangles over it. At the same time I need to keep it small enough to carry in my case, so it can't be too elaborate. Any ideas...and feed back appreciated.

EDIT: also check out this dude. Did him a few years ago now but I still love him and like to show him off. [​IMG]

#438 Lawliott, 6 August 2014
    Last edited: 6 August 2014
    DynamiteMonkey and Pinwheel like this.
  19. TheDamnedScribe

My suggestion:

BURN IN HELL, HERETIC!

Lawliott likes this.
  20. Dear GW,

If you undertake the following steps, I will come back:

1, Chaos Dwarf miniatures and army book
    2, Bring back Squats