1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Warhammer, Warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'Games' started by Broadsword201290, 31 March 2013.

1. DynamiteMonkey

DynamiteMonkey Dino is best Magical Girl

Both sort of happened. I think chaos dwarves were in a Forge World book, and they produce the miniatures, so it's rather expensive. Also, the Legion of the Damned have a digital only codex, so take that as you will.

As for Squats, quiet, before the Inquisition hear. You know what they're li-*BLAM-* HERESY!

2. Stargazer

Stargazer In love with a witch and proud bf to Tak

The squats did kind of get fluff in the new rule book, though I hear it's not great.

3. TheDamnedScribe

TheDamnedScribe Royal Guard Armourer

They official line used to be that they got eaten by the Tyranids.

4. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Squats were fun in Rogue Trader.

5. Twisted_Tempest

Twisted_Tempest Certified Hoonigan

I might start building my Dark Vengeance set soon. :p

6. My argument to that is that the Squats, although limited in their travels in space, were still part of the Imperium and were pretty spread out. The Tyranids would have had to consume the entire Imperium, not just the Squat homeworld, to wipe them out.

7. Vanguard

Vanguard Recognised Pony

i see a 3.5 dnd playerhandbook under that nurgle :p

8. Lawliott

Lawliott Pony

=D, my fighter hit 7th and needed a re-think, was trawling through options while i waited for the pics to upload.

Gw lost the rights to squats when the guy that invented them and owned them left the company, back before the intellectual property clause they put in the contracts, so GW can't bring them back :(

9. TheDamnedScribe

This explains their rampant and obsessive IP controls nowadays, at least.

10. Lawliott

Lawliott Pony

Well over the years its happened to them again and again. There were other chaos gods (malu, god of self destruction was one, there was at least another, but i dont remember) and all kinds of stuff, but the company was still small and lost a lot of early stuff when the creative teams had differences of opinion over stuff. So its not suprising they are so tight on it now.

Also squats were a kind of joke, fat, hairy, space bikers which doesnt fit so well with the super grim-dark thing they went with later.
    Still, sad to see the early lore of the game disappearing. What do we get to replace it? Why three new dreadnaughts: Murderface, Skwasgaar and Nathan Explosion. o_O

11. TheDamnedScribe

*reads previous post*

...now I need to see if the DethKlop tumblr has been updated...

12. TheDamnedScribe

Righto, so... I'm looking for opinions here, folks.

I'm currently trying to decide on the colour scheme for my armour. I'm split between the Wehrmacht-inspired grey scheme on the Manticore below (which is, admittedly, a good deal lighter than proper Wehrmacht Grau), and the [British] Berlin Brigade-inpired digital/dazzle scheme on the Leman Russ.

Any input to is gratefully received, especially if it helps me make a decision.

Both of these are WIPs, so should not be taken as the final article. The LR is also a scrap tank, hence the missing bits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DynamiteMonkey and Nopony like this.
  13. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

I think the Berlin Brigade style scheme looks the part more than the plain grey of the Wehrmacht. More effort if you're doing plenty of tanks but probably worth it. Its a bit more interesting too and should have a better presence on the board.

14. TheDamnedScribe

Additional info:

This is a very rough colour scheme for my infantry. It's still being worked on. Does this change your opinion at all?

[​IMG]

pinkkittywinks likes this.
  15. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

I think either could work with those infantry. It depends how much you want them to look like ww2, if you're not that fussed then I think the Berlin Brigade tanks look better but if you want to theme it go for the Wehrmacht grey on the tanks or you could repaint the infantry in khaki.

16. TheDamnedScribe

I'll be honest, there is a big german influence on my army (it is, after all, the Blitzkraft 1st Armoured). This is because I have a lot of respect for the german tank aces like Bobby Woll, Michael Wittmann, Romell, etc. Hell, my chimera-borne infantry get referred to as panzer grenadiers.

17. pinkkittywinks

pinkkittywinks Princess Kittywinks

[​IMG]

My only figure so far! I have another Mage on horse back, but he is still not painted as I keep finding other craft projects I want to do.

I put the 10p in for scale since most people don't realise how tiny these figures are!

Love pkw xxx

DynamiteMonkey and Stargazer like this.
  18. DynamiteMonkey

DynamiteMonkey Dino is best Magical Girl

Oh my god that face is amazi-i-ing!

And those gems and all the other details. And the hilights on the cloak and hair. That's awesome.

pinkkittywinks likes this.
  19. pinkkittywinks

pinkkittywinks Princess Kittywinks

Thank you :)

It took HOURS and the Cape took quite a few attempts to get right. I used lots of thin layers to build up colour and shading. I found some of the tutorials in the painting guide and White Dwarf useful too :)

I've just remembered I've got a semi painted Griffin somewhere :oops:

Love pkw xxx

20. TheDamnedScribe

Anyone want to buy an Empire Griffon kit (or three) that has has the wings poached from it?

crystella3333 likes this.